1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mdubs, Jan 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

Looks great Chippy, not your normal pace, so its good to see you branching out a little!

Looking great Alci in your Burnished Tan Bluchers.

Welcom Scars and congratulations on your new Naval Boots, those are a truly beautiful boot and makeup. Enjoy your pair!

Welcome back old friend, that is a fantastic way to start off the new year bud! Those Whiskeys are looking caramel-y beautiful. Enjoy them!

Your Black Shell LHSes are looking great Chippy. I know that they are taking good care of you!

As stylish and dapper as always Don, you are looking good in your uniquely lined LHSes. I always thought it was funny that Brooks does unlined shell and lined suede when everyone else does lined shell and unlined suede. Wonder why they line their suede LHSes.

Looking great Doc in your slacks and Color 8 PTBs. Those have a really nice color to them.

Ha Henry, those are looking superb. They are getting richer and richer with each wearing.

Your Whiskey LWBs are looking great and look good with the light blue pants.

Ha, you are doing very well there in your tan boots. They look very nice!

Sort of interested to hear what others have to say on this one. I have JCrew loafer socks, they are okay. I know Kathy was really trying to get me into the Pantherella socks last time I was out there.

Those look great TB. I have a few of those darker spots, I think it will come out with brushing. Its this waxy like substance.

Looking very good in your Color 8 PT Boots. They look great and have a fantastic shine on them!

You look ready to take on anything in those BK! Enjoy!

I am sure that you are wearing them shorts well. Your Tan Suede LHSes are looking great! Enjoy them, particularly in the summer.

Interesting that Unionmade has made those, I have a pair from CitiShoes. The Brass and AG is a great combination!

Dang those new Snuffs look exquisite! They are hopefully soft as butter too!

Looking great yesterday bud! You had terrific taste in boots yesterday! :)

-Mike

2. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

Whiskey Ravello Wednesday. Alden Ravello Shell Cordovan Wingtip Boots. Epaulet Antique Gray Cross-Hatch Tropical Wool Walt Trousers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tassel Thursday. Alden Color 8 Tassel Loafer. Marcoliani Navy Argyles OTC. Brooks Bros Navy Houndstooth Trousers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Casual Friday. Alden Chocolate Suede Tankers. Marcoliani Brown Argyles OTC. Epaulet Cotton Lightweight Khaki Twill Trousers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Suede Saturday. Alden x JCrew Tan Suede PTB. LBM Linen Blend Khakis.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Mike

5 people like this.
  3. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Well-Known Member

Played this morning also, although not very well. Titleist 915 driver, Rocketbalz tour 3 wood, Hogan Edge 2 iron hybrid, Titleist 712 CB-MB combo irons, Vockey Wedges, and Titleist studio select-Scotty Cameron putter (Newport 2).

Let's tee it up!!

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  4. HenryIII

HenryIII Well-Known Member

Diverse week Mike. The tassels are my fav... Great patina, great color.

5. Chris6

Chris6 Active Member

Greatest idea, ever. I'd be in. Especially PA, NY, CT and MA. All in driving distance.

6. SLCRich

SLCRich Well-Known Member

Constant lurker/infrequent poster here (only one pair of Alden, so far...) but as you can tell from my profile pic, golf is king even over shoes for me. This idea sounds awesome and horrible (in a joking way, only because I've never been in an Alden store and I'd have to hide the wallet) at the same time. But I'd be in. All the areas with an Alden store are awesome for golf.

Second part of post. My current boot line up includes Alden x J Crew Indy, Wolverine 1000k Centennial (brown) and 1000k brown suede, Wolverine Montague chelsea in both brown and black (should have got a sleeker design, but alas, you live and you learn), AE Dalton (oxblood), and AE Dundee 2.0 (black calf). I'm really eyeing the Alden x J Crew Cap Toe Cordovan model. This would be my first shell shoe/boot. I'm completely open to other makes/models, but I'm pretty set on my next pair of boots being Alden. The Indy is such a comfortable boot. Also the pictures I've seen of the Cap Toe in real life are phenomenal.

Suggestions welcome, and if golf talk continues, I'll be posting a helluva lot more :)

Cobra Fly Z+ driver and 4 wood, Ping Karsten 3h-uw, Ping Glide 54 and 58 wedges, Odyssey Works 2 ball fang. (side note, went from playing MB/MC irons for about 10 years to these fatty irons and I couldn't be happier. The profile took a bit to get used to but I'm so glad for the change.)

7. skriefal

skriefal Well-Known Member

If only that happened to include Salt Lake City... [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. SLCRich

SLCRich Well-Known Member

So many hidden gem courses in the valley. And for cheap too. Ha courses I'm paying $40-50 a round would be closer to $200 anywhere else (looking at you California)

9. skriefal

skriefal Well-Known Member

I work across the street from a golf course. Too bad that an Alden store isn't that close... (or within 500 miles...)

1 person likes this.
  10. MrDV

MrDV Well-Known Member

i would play in the Alden San Francisco open.

11. ReppTiePrepster

The J Crew cap toe boots are great. While I love mine, the color 8 wingtip boot gets much more wear from me. I would consider them I f I were you. They might even be easier to acquire.

Also, I'm close to moving on to player-improvement (forgiving) irons. I've played blades all my life, so it's hard to make the move.

12. ReppTiePrepster

Harding Park would be sweet. After playing we could head over a few blocks to Alden SF, eat at the House of Prime Rib afterward, and if the inspiration hits, a ten minute drive could put us at Unionmade! I did that little tour two summers ago and had an awesome day! Who's with me!?!? [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  13. jjschube

jjschube Well-Known Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

Just got my whiskey LWB. They're gorgeous but I don't know about this flaw....Thoughts?

1 person likes this.
  14. gertjan123

gertjan123 Member

[​IMG]
    In edition to my previous post; I would like to trade these new 8.5d tankers from Leffot also for a pair of ravello nst boots size 9.5/10. Kind regards to you all.

15. M635Guy

M635Guy Well-Known Member

You're talking about the strike on the sole edge? That is a couple minutes with some edge dressing and done. Not a flaw at all IMHO, and given how difficult it is to get non-Black/Color 8 shell, not something I'd worry about at all. My $0.02

2 people like this.
  16. larryr

larryr Well-Known Member

Color 8 with antique edge

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  17. ErikW

ErikW Well-Known Member

That looks bad. I'm willing to take them off your hands though. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  18. shunted22

shunted22 Well-Known Member

How quickly do the Leffot pre-orders usually sell out? If I wanted the upcoming blue suede LWBs, would I need to order right at noon?

19. Steel28

Steel28 Well-Known Member

you have minimum of 2 weeks or longer [​IMG]

20. andiandi

andiandi Well-Known Member

Damn! Those are really nice!

Today I decided to use the deerbone on my PTBs. The result ist just amazing.
    Before:

[​IMG]

And after: [​IMG]

3 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.