1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mdubs, Jan 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SouthNarc

SouthNarc Well-Known Member

Thanks dude I may very well look into that B&M offering. I've been traveling in my Innsbruck Indys and I like them a lot but wanted to go with something a little lighter for the weather. Also I'm not sure if the chukka has a steel shank or not but if it doesn't then I wouldn't have to take them off for TSA PRE.

2. BenLeaman

BenLeaman Well-Known Member

I love my natty CXL Innsbruck Indys! Do you have the brown version?

I believe I've read here that all Aldens, other than the Cape Cod collection, have the steel inserts so yeah chukka got dat shank.

[​IMG]

3. zippyh

zippyh Well-Known Member

The thing about dat shank and PRE is when you start to take them off you get yelled at that you DON'T need to take your shoes off. But of course they almost inevitably set off the detector so I always take them off. For that matter, a few week ago the buckle on my wife's sandals set off the detector.

4. kelpqq

kelpqq Well-Known Member

After getting yelled so many times at the TSA pre-line I started to say I got "steel toe" and they usually back-off. I also started to pack my Aldens in luggage and wear my Birkenstocks in airport just to save the hassle.

Last edited: May 31, 2016
  5. bkotsko

bkotsko Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    @tifosi here is some motivation...

5 people like this.
  6. coolarrow

coolarrow Well-Known Member

Cigar gunboats from Alden DC today:

[​IMG]

8 people like this.
  7. SLCRich

SLCRich Well-Known Member

Boots in the wild. This is bad (or good) but already looking at my next boot purchase(s) from Alden. Such a great feeling boot. Can't say enough good about it
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. M635Guy

M635Guy Well-Known Member

Just jumped on the Leffot chamois longwing preorder...
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. JSO1

JSO1 Well-Known Member

Almost every size of the Leffot tobacco chamois LWB preorder is sold out already? My god.

I hopped on the Black Naval Boot. Been wanting that boot for a very long time.

1 person likes this.
  10. Disco Volante

Disco Volante Well-Known Member

I've experienced that every Alden shoe is less comfortable than every Alden boot that I've tried. Even when the lasts, materials, and some were the same. Not sure why that seems to be the case for me.

11. stevefok

stevefok Well-Known Member

I am surprised that the chamois LWB went faster than the 2 shell make ups...

1 person likes this.
  12. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

Shell is SO 2015.

13. JSO1

JSO1 Well-Known Member

I find boots more comfortable as well.

[​IMG]

14. M635Guy

M635Guy Well-Known Member

I happened to look at the e-mail at 11:55, so I popped over at pretty much exactly noon. Most sizes were already gone - I'm assuming that was the result of store regulars, etc.

15. Mghart

Mghart Well-Known Member

Haha interesting about the tobacco LWB. I'm sitting these pre-orders out right now while I figure out what my next purchase is(besides an LHS). There's almost too many great options/make ups between shops like leffot and B+M. Moving back east again soon and may hold out for a reverse tobacco boot w/commando for rain/winter.

16. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Well-Known Member

I assume most folks are like me, with a closet full of cordovan shoes that they're too shy to wear in the rain. These seem utilitarian to me, yet quite handsome, a good-looking, very functional shoe.

17. Bbombers85

Bbombers85 Well-Known Member

I did the same and at 12 PM on the dot, only 6 sizes or so showed up. I'm pretty sure a full size run wasn't offered probably due to pre-orders by store regulars. Oh well.

EDIT: I would've gotten on this order of tankers, but I've been on the Context preorder for over a year now. I wonder what is holding that up. Leffot has had 2 runs in that span.

18. csmitty

csmitty Well-Known Member

Guess the cordovan demand is dying down. Or everyone already has a pair of #8 tankers. Tons of common sizes in the black naval to. But thats also black.

I remember last year I had to stop in a parking lot and get on my phone to get on the list for tankers. And even then had to call in to confirm.

1 person likes this.
  19. naspratt

naspratt Well-Known Member

That's why I want the medallion cap toe in black shell with a commando sole. Mud and slush boot. Anyone know if that's an available makeup? Can't seem to find it.

20. tps3443

tps3443 Active Member

I've worn my Epaulet Alden Michigan Innsbruck boots a few times now. I love the 360 degree welting, and the 3rd generation commando sole! Turns out, they are really similar to the Alden Indy boot. Either way I have noticed too, they feel a little heavier then my Wolverine 1000 miles also.

I run them these boots in rotation everyday.

Wolverine 1000 mile original boot.

Alden for Epaulet Michigan Innsbruck boot.
    Both pairs are only a few days old.

Wearing the same boots everyday is terrible on them, that was my main concern. Giving my boots a 24 hour rest, and dry preserves them greatly. They are able to air dry, which is the most important. Sweat will rot leather.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.