1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by fosho, Oct 12, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taint it sweet

taint it sweet Well-Known Member

I'd be fine with that too. Or maybe on the very bottom.

2. aibnsamin

aibnsamin Well-Known Member

Second this, something along the lines of the tag on the bottom of the mittens.

3. oynag

oynag Well-Known Member

That's exactly what I had in mind but couldn't remember where I saw it. Thank you.

4. susmoon

susmoon Member

+1 for placket logo. very excited for the new items

5. cashewvine

cashewvine Active Member

What is the cut on the chinos?

6. Kap120

Kap120 Well-Known Member

Voting no logo as well, I love your logo, but I'm not a fan of branding on polos.

7. jmaudi0

jmaudi0 Well-Known Member

was there every any talk of WvG making scarves to go along with the beanies and mittens?

anyone have recommendations for nice scarves other than Stephan Schneider?

8. Mauro

Mauro Well-Known Member

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in

There was a mix up in communication with the scarves. I will have them next season for sure.
    Are you looking for a woven or knit scarf?

According to linked in WvG is 5 years old. That's still new in the fashion world but to all the people that have supported me over the years "Thank you!!".

Logo less was my initial thoughts, also. I think the flag inside the placket is a good move.

Best,
    Mauro

9. Mauro

Mauro Well-Known Member

I will put up the size chart again. The style is basically the predator chino.

10. jmaudi0

jmaudi0 Well-Known Member

Ah, no prob. Open to woven or knit scarf, it doesn't matter. Just something nicely made. Today's snow reminded me that I don't own a single scarf.

11. cashewvine

cashewvine Active Member

Not familiar with your predator chinos. Is this a slim straight cut?

12. Mauro

Mauro Well-Known Member

[ATTACHMENT=10337]BlueTrousersFront.jpg (1,116k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

[​IMG]
    Here is a pair of Paul/Justin with a hollywood waistband.

[​IMG]
    Paul/Justin with loops.

The predator is slimmer in the thigh, knee, and leg opening. When I start the pre-orders I will have a VERY detailed sizing chart. I have already posted it once but I can't seem to find it in my files. I am not really making anything incredibly fitted pants. It's just not Wolf vs Goat.

The predator is a slim straight with a mild taper. It works for anyone who doesn't have large thighs. If you have large thighs you want the Paul/ Justin chino.
    I don't have any of the Paul/Justin at the lower price point. I do offer that body in the hand sewn trousers which are production or MTM.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
  13. gunslikethese

gunslikethese Well-Known Member

1 person likes this.
  14. pltran10

pltran10 Member

Will the chinos be in other colors besides indigo? And are they cotton twill or canvas?

15. Mauro

Mauro Well-Known Member

The fabric is made in Italy. The mill is Albizzate. Here is there website so you can read up a little if you wish http://www.tessituradialbizzate.it/en/
    The fabric, I have selected is a PFD( Prepared for dye) 100% cotton twill. The weight is 375/385 grams. If you need more technical information please let me know in a email and I can give you very detailed fabric compositions. This is something I am sure no other designer would like to do. The fabric is 7.45 Euro per meter FOB. It takes roughly 1.5 to 1.75 yards to make a pair of chinos. So you are looking at roughly $14.00 in fabric costs FOB. Again, this is something most designers won't share. This breakdown will also help you understand the high cost of the fabrics and the garment making process using first world , premium factory's.

Here is a price breakdown-

7.45 Euro for Fabric

23.00 Euro for labor ( includes trim)

2.00 for dye

38.94 not including ship from Italy to the states and then the states to me. or International tax which is around 8% to 10%. I am hoping that the shipping is around $5.00 USD per garment or lower.
    With that being said. $38.94 + $3.80 + $ 5.00= $47.74 ( this is rough I am sure there is a few dollar missing somewhere, there always is.)
    That's my rough cost per garment.
    $47.74 x 2 = $95.48 plus shipping is a rewards members cost. That is the same cost I sell to my stockist ( which I have a few). Then the stockist will mark it up 2 to 2.5 times to cover their costs. $190.96 to $ 238.70 is the actual retail price.

Please note shipping is my single worst enemy. It's a cost I can't shave no matter what. Even with mass volume ( which I don't do) shipping sucks.

[ATTACHMENT=10340]ITALIANCHINOL32-1.xls (32k. xls file)[/ATTACHMENT]

Here is a size chart for the 32 inseam. The 34 and 36 inseams will be attached for pre-sale.

The colors for the chinos are as follows and may be subject to change.

Indigo

Slate gray

British Khaki

A red/ brown hue which is trending in Europe now. It's hard to explain but is a great spring/summer color which can easily transition into Fall.

Olive

I believe with the information that I have given everyone today, that you will be able to make a fairly educated decision on whether the chino is that right choice for you.

Please read up on all the mills that I use when I post them. This way you can educate yourself and not be easily fooled for people who don't use premium first quality goods.

It's really important for me personally to work with the actual mills and their agents. Factory finds and jobbers aren't a bad thing but you can't be 100% sure if the fabric is what the jobber or factory claims it to be.
    Another fact is unless you get permission from the brand to use and buy their fabric it's stealing and can get both the factory and designer in a shit load of trouble. It's just best in my opinion to get the fabric straight from the source.
    I have used jobbers in the past,however, I stopped doing that because WvG has morale obligations, level of quality, and a unique take on fashion that is expected from my customer base.
    Thank you for the support.

Best,

Mauro

8 people like this.
  16. janoy89

janoy89 Well-Known Member

Great info.

How colorfast is the Indigo dye? I love the depth it has but I haven't any experience with indigo outside of denim. I think I'd a prefer a relatively slow fading fabric in a pair of chinos.

17. Mauro

Mauro Well-Known Member

The dye process is different than the dye processing of denim. Typically denim is rope dyed or hank dyed while the denim is in yarn form. The chino fabric is woven so it will be garment dyed. I think the chinos will be ready for dye in 10 to 15 days according to the factory. This means I will have all the dye info in about 10 days.
    I really think fading will be minimal on the indigo chinos.

18. Tsujigiri

Tsujigiri Well-Known Member

Mauro, I love hearing about the inner workings of the textiles industry from you guys. Part of the reason why I trust your product and recently became a member.

1 person likes this.
  19. Nik Telford

Nik Telford Well-Known Member

I agree 100% I love reading all the technical aspects of his clothing.

20. ctp2124

ctp2124 New Member

Mauro,

Do you have an update on the pre-order trousers? Really excited about those!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.