1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by fosho, Oct 12, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WvGBot

WvGBot Well-Known Member

They may shrink a little, but they also drape/stack well - even if you're shorter, they're slim enough in the waist that they won't wear like a tent.
    Great to hear, thanks for your support!
    Our shirts should be fairly colorfast, but I'd recommend cold washing with a good stain remover.

2. joshg8

joshg8 Well-Known Member

4:30, no newsletter. I thought the overdyes were supposed to be offered up today?

3. aperret

aperret Member

Yeah, I'm looking to get my hands on some oxfords

4. gunslikethese

gunslikethese Well-Known Member

Well I assumed by Mauro's last post yesterday that the chinos and oxfords are still being finished and shipped to him, so he obviously doesn't have any pictures of the product yet, so he can't sell them yet either. I'm reading the rest of the post as these things being available early next month.

5. notwithit

notwithit Well-Known Member

Wasn't there a newsletter last week anyway? I forget the schedule, but I don't think they're supposed to come two weeks in a row.

6. joshg8

joshg8 Well-Known Member

I understand they may not be ready yet, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out.

As far as the schedule, he initially said first and last Tuesday of each month, with a possible 3rd in some months, but it hasn't been that regular.

Oh well, excited all the same for some oxfords. It's my buddy's birthday today so I was (am) going to buy him a white overdye to give him a very wearable taste of finer clothing.

7. aperret

aperret Member

There was one a week before that too. I'm just curious when I can get an overdye :'(

8. WvGBot

WvGBot Well-Known Member

Please be patient guys! You'll have oxfords and chinos soon! In the mean time, anyone have any fit pics of the new stuff?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  9. Mauro

Mauro Well-Known Member

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
  10. tablloyd

tablloyd Member

Hey, I had a quick sizing question. When looking at the roll neck tees, what sizing on the chart do we base it off of? I'm 6'4" with a 38" chest and I'm pretty slim, not sure what size to go for.

11. Mauro

Mauro Well-Known Member

I don't understand your question. With your chest size I would go with a small. Being that you are 6'4 do you have a long torso or do you have long legs? Do you have narrow or broad shoulders? What is you shoulder width.
    One measurement won't cut the mustard.

Today's Blog post
    http://www.wolfvsgoat.com/blogs/blog/13737689-no-shortage-of-choices

PS-

a sub reddit has been created on reddit for wolf vs goat. it's /r/wolfvsgoat . We are going to use this for rewards members and new members to engage on what they would like to see and talk about in depth ( hopefully) fabrics, sewing techniques, trim, sewing in America, and other related items to WvG.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  12. jmaudi0

jmaudi0 Well-Known Member

Mauro, when will we be seeing some of these new shorts??? I could use 2 or 3 new pairs for this summer and I'll gladly hold out for WvG if they are coming in the next month or so

13. Mauro

Mauro Well-Known Member

I can't promise a month but 1.5 months to two months sure.

14. tablloyd

tablloyd Member

Alright I'll see what I can do about that mustard. Shoulder width/yoke width is 18.5" (i.e. pretty broad). I would say that relative to a shorter person, the length of my torso is more often the issue, rather than the length of my legs.

15. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Well-Known Member

with a 38 chest i think your more like a medium unless you want the small to be more form fitting

16. tablloyd

tablloyd Member

Perfect, thanks. I wouldn't want form fitting, I just generally have the problem of the waist tapering outwards, causing a tent-like shape.

17. joshg8

joshg8 Well-Known Member

That likely won't happen with these, the fabric is very light and drapey and really wants to fall down rather than flare in any significant way.

18. stafa

stafa Well-Known Member

The drape on the shirts is pretty awesome. You can't go wrong.

19. ceoceo

ceoceo Well-Known Member

Can anyone with a measurement tape, or Mauro post measurement for the Tropical Shorts? The website does not have the measurements for shorts/knickers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.