• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackanapes

Reaction score
OK so got my Justin white chinos in 33 the day after Xmas (excellent turnaround time, BTW). It is my first experience with WvG, and I am impressed with the construction and quality of materials.

One niggling issue, however, is that I'm a little bewildered by the fit in the crotch. I'm not on par with John Holmes, and yet I don't know how anyone but a castrated male could be comfortably accommodated in these pants. This is not the case for the other fit aspects -- thigh, waist, leg opening -- which are all systems go.

This is not an effort to troll or be snide ... I really do want these to work for me. But I'm curious about whether this is something others are experiencing as well.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

Does the Before Dinner shirt in Olive Twill have darts in the back? It doesn't look like it in the model pictures, I also noticed this in some other shirts such as the Herringbone Chambray but it's clearly there on the Dark Slate Overdye.

Yeah, I have that exact shirt, and I can confirm that it has darts.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
jack- I feel the same way. I let them sag and the rock them. I fixed the crotch for the news one coming out. This batch was a little to euro for me. However a lot of people love them.

kinesthesia

Reaction score
These thermals are way nicer then I thought they'd be. Who do I have to **** in order to get the second one I ordered shipped?

PoppDRRT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mauro with Hoya watching.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy New Year.
Tote holders and non-tote holders be ready for a lot of changes. In a great way.

Spring is getting ready to drop shortly and a Fall'13 preview is in a few weeks.

If you emailed me about becoming a tote holder you are fine. If you didn't you are S.O.L.

Best,

Mauro

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't wait Mauro... BTW - when you have some downtime can we sort out the email issue so I get my toteholder emails? No rush, but whenever you have some time and aren't in the madness of shipping.

TKA25

Reaction score
Can't wait Mauro... BTW - when you have some downtime can we sort out the email issue so I get my toteholder emails? No rush, but whenever you have some time and aren't in the madness of shipping.

I had the same issue in the last set of e-mails and want to be sure not to miss the next toteholder emails. No rush as well, obviously. I know you're probably crazy busy right now.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if your having trouble with your toteholder email please PM me and ill get you squared away

if you havent realized yet, mauro hates pms so its pointless to try and contact him that way lol

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Kine- looks like a partial refund is coming your way. email me.

I am not checking PM's so don't bother. If you want to get in touch with me email or call me.
I have a big meeting on sunday t figure out why some people always get left off the mailing list. It has something to do with chimp mail.

Best,

Mauro

John Grady Cole

Reaction score
I wanted to chime in to say that in the last six weeks I've gotten a hold of ~ten pieces from WvG and couldn't be happier with the quality and fit. For anyone on the fence about Mauro's stuff, I'd highly, highly recommend it, especially if buying American made clothing from small businesses is important to you (and it should be).

For future sizing reference, I'm a 38 chest/32 waist and I went with a medium in both the BD (two pocket flannel, fits great), and the ADs (pistachio, I'm washing them now and will have a tailor take them in just a bit in the back and sleeves--still want them a bit loose). In the future I'll probably just stick with the BD cut so I don't have to tailor them, or go with a small in the AD cut. In the Predator chinos I went with a 33 and besides taking them in a bit in the thigh, they fit perfect.

I'm very much looking forward to continuing to support Mauro and WvG.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads