1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The New, Official, 10th year anniversary

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Feb 26, 2012.

1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

I really don't know the hotel policy on dogs. Usually, they are not allowed unless they are seeing-eye dogs or something.

2. emptym

emptym Well-Known Member

Moo's dog is so cute. If the W's policy is vs. dogs, maybe if you emailed them a pic, they'd make an exception!

3. GusW

GusW Well-Known Member

But is it "Ridiculously Photogenic" cute?

4. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Well-Known Member

Now that we are within a day or two of the event, there are some members who want to know what the vegan and gluten-free options are.

It's not that these members do not brim with Allergy Pride...they do!..it's just that the memories of the 5th Anniversary are still vivid with some. If you recall, the only passed hors d'œuvre were those teriyaki beef jerky strips that lefty handed out from that burlap bag. There is still some bad feeling concerning doubts about the beef jerky being truly gluten-free because of the teriyaki flavoring.

I know that there are strict San Francisco city ordinances governing gluten-free practices because of the similarity of the word "gluten" to the word "gluteus." Nevertheless, just because an ordinance takes up 36 volumes in a 47 volume book does not mean that it is enforced zealously.

Thank you.

5. imatlas

imatlas Well-Known Member

I saw one of these "in the wild" the other day. Dude also had one of those iPod Nano watches, which looked better than I'd expected. Taken together with his shaved head and van dyke beard it was quite a Maker Faire sort of look.

This is San Francisco, where every dog is a Support Dog:

I'm still trying to figure out how the snake helps with that.

[​IMG]

6. Imhoff

Imhoff Well-Known Member

Was really hoping andt rying to get out for this event. Not going to happen now since our office is going to have 2 employees no longer here.

Hope you gents have a blast!

BTW, is there going to be a video stream to watch online? Mainly interested in seeing the dolphin experince show.

7. imatlas

imatlas Well-Known Member

Will Jack/Knife be taking measurements and orders? If so, do I need to book an appointment ahead of time?

I sent them an email with these questions, but thought I might get a faster answer here.

8. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Well-Known Member

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    I'm in the same boat. Wanted to go, but it's just not going to happen at this point.

Can't wait to hear the stories and see the photos.

9. F. Corbera

+1.

10. F. Corbera

I've been reading Strunk and White again on the can, and this edited quotation is one of the pleasant results.

11. JPHardy

JPHardy Well-Known Member

Is it safe to assume that most of the dogs from the WAYWRN posters fall into this category?

1 person likes this.
  12. LA Guy

Yes. They will be taking measurements and orders. You can walk in. If you are coming at a specific time, you might want to book and appointment with them, but you can also just have a drink and browse until they are ready for you.

13. F. Corbera

You've moved the event to Pahrump?

:confused:

14. comrade

comrade Well-Known Member

Bring along the future bride.
    Let her in on your past life.

(Seriously, congratulations on your engagement)

15. LA Guy

Maybe. But there will be at least a 1 minute delay to edit out all the sex on bus stops bits.

16. Bradford

Bradford Well-Known Member

Really stupid, but kind of serious question...

Will there be name tags?

I know its kind of declasse, but with so many people, most of whom go by screen names and often use avatars that are not actual pictures of themselves, I would actually appreciate the ability to know who people are by both name and screen name.

17. edmorel

edmorel Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

18. LA Guy

Boy, you are going to be so surprised when you find out that Imstillmatt is a fat black dude irl.

19. LA Guy

Also, Al Pacino specifically asked that I don't reveal his screen name. Boy, that dude is a major troll though.

20. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Well-Known Member

I think the only acceptable way to do name tags is a pocket square with your name embroidered on it.