1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The new collar-popping...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Nick M, Oct 4, 2004.

1. Nick M

Nick M Well-Known Member

I guess one of the new trends is a plain shirt, but with a contrasting, patterned collar band and inside cuff. I've seen it as a white shirt, with a very wide cutaway collar, and a small four-in-hand knot, and it looked quite stylish. But I was in a department store the other day, and one of the guys behind the counter was wearing one of these shirts, white, striped collar band, with a narrow point collar. Now, this shirt must have been designed to be worn with an open collar, no tie, but this guy had a tie in there, in a big Windsor, skewed really far to the left, with the right collar point strategically flipped up so I could see the contrasting band. I said to the guy "Your collar's a little crooked, there. Might want to fix it, before your supervisor yells at you." You wouldn't believe the look I got. Anyone have a better 'stupid look'?

2. gregory

gregory Well-Known Member

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

I sometimes flip up one collar of my casual, work or military style shirts in homage to Ezra Pound's style - no other reason. Certainly wouldn't do it with a constructed collared shirt.