• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The new BMW 1-series is ugly as sin

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The new 1-series is definitely uglier compared to the previous gen... but that hatchback/wagon is actually a very practical city car that has to have, I assume, some great performance numbers for its class.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like the pigs in Angry Birds. Maybe someone should make a vinyl wrap based on that.

--Andre

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
plus c'est change....

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ImageWIS: too bad the actual production version is hideous and looks nothing like that artsy rendering. (just the 5 series not the M5)

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm just saying actually seeing it on the street looks nothing like the photoshopped advertising pics.

Smushed rearend that looks like an Infiniti M35 and odd, protruding grill doesn't really work in person.

rocks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks like something out of an animated movie....E46 FTW....

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rocks
It looks like something out of an animated movie....E46 FTW....
e46 ftw! when i get a job, im debating between: a) keeping my automatic b5 a4 1.8TQ b) leasing a 2011 GTI with DSG c) buying a used e46 ZHP coupe for around 16K a) will net me 0 loss in money, but -1000 in enjoyability/pleasurability b) will net me -$300~400 per month for 36 months, but +500 enjoyability c) will net me -$15K, but +1000 enjoyability for as long as i keep it thoughts?

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pilot
I'm just saying actually seeing it on the street looks nothing like the photoshopped advertising pics.

Smushed rearend that looks like an Infiniti M35 and odd, protruding grill doesn't really work in person.

What are you talking about? What have they photoshopped?

horndog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They really gotta stop it with the Hitler moustaches.

alexanduh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
At least this:

2011-bmw-5-series

looks a lot better than this:

bmw_5.jpg

i am undecided on this. regards to the e60 m5 that is.

WUKILLABEEZ78

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GreenFrog
Large%20Image.jpg

2012-BMW-1-Series-5-door-2.jpg

eek.gif

WTF WERE THEY THINKING WITH THOSE HEADLIGHTS?!

and the tail lights! :barf:

Comes in either a 1.6 or 1.8 liter turbocharged petrol engine, or a 2.0 liter turbodiesel.

First time seeing the new 1 Series. I actually think it looks better than the outgoing model. I always felt the 1 Gen was hideous. Looking forward to seeing what BMW does with the new 3 Series...

phreak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GreenFrog
e46 ftw!

when i get a job, im debating between:

a) keeping my automatic b5 a4 1.8TQ
b) leasing a 2011 GTI with DSG
c) buying a used e46 ZHP coupe for around 16K
devil.gif

a) will net me 0 loss in money, but -1000 in enjoyability/pleasurability
b) will net me -$300~400 per month for 36 months, but +500 enjoyability
c) will net me -$15K, but +1000 enjoyability for as long as i keep it

thoughts?

DO IT!! I'm coming up on 2 years for my 2006 ZPP/ZSP coupe. Absolutely love it, it's great for everyday use (not that I drive it everyday, actually 90%+ weekends) or a long road trip. There are plenty of DIY guides online to help keep maintenance costs down too. BMWCCA autocross events are super cool too. The ZHP looks even better than mine with their 18s

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phreak
DO IT!! I'm coming up on 2 years for my 2006 ZPP/ZSP coupe. Absolutely love it, it's great for everyday use (not that I drive it everyday, actually 90%+ weekends) or a long road trip. There are plenty of DIY guides online to help keep maintenance costs down too. BMWCCA autocross events are super cool too. The ZHP looks even better than mine with their 18s
just need to land a job first! EDIT: LANDED A JOB. TIME2BUY ZHP

Andrewc2232

Reaction score
My friend just bought an E46 Imola red 330 ZHP four door a few weeks ago. Badass car. Fantastic exhaust note, too.

Just as BMW finally fixes the current generation 3-series, they come along and kick it back down the stairs again.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads