1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The MBreinin vs. Reevolving Fit Battle Threak

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, Dec 18, 2010.

1. Gibonius

Gibonius Well-Known Member

He's just trying to work up his nerve to actually put on those Darltons, to complete his killer fit. And it does take ever so long to get the cloth tape just so on those non-iron shirts.

2. Digmenow

Digmenow Well-Known Member

Congrats on getting the new system almost hammered out. Sounds like the mods here have done a great job shifting the site over and some of the new features sound cool. It sounds like styleforum will be much improved when it rolls out. Soon.

3. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Well-Known Member

4. Reevolving

Reevolving Well-Known Member

Spoo, did you set up the poll?
    In contrast, is MBreinin's golden jacket seems to be a terrible fit. It is too long by current SF standards, and is very unflattering to his figure. A pear or bell shape is suggested. It just looks completely wrong, for reasons I can't describe. [​IMG]
    Here is outfit #1 of 3. [​IMG] Suit: Paul Smith Shirt: BB Non-iron Extra Slim Fit (with additional alterations) Tie: Brioni Grenadine (Width 3.25") Shoes: Pebble Grain Cheaney FS029 Wingtip Boots Watch: Vintage Restored Hamilton

5. gladhands

gladhands Well-Known Member

Spoo, did you set up the poll?

Here is outfit #1 of 3.

[​IMG]
    Suit: Paul Smith
    Shirt: BB Non-iron Extra Slim Fit (with additional alterations)
    Tie: Brioni Grenadine (Width 3.25")
    Shoes: Pebble Grain Cheaney FS029 Wingtip Boots
    Watch: Vintage Restored Hamilton

Here.

6. voxsartoria

7. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Well-Known Member

Trouser hem too wide for the zero break. Buttoning point a bit high. Shoe colour does not complement suit colour particularly well. Uninspired combination with not a single patterned item.

I hope for your sake that you're saving the better looks for #2 and #3.

8. BlackShoes

BlackShoes Well-Known Member

unexpected, though you appear to have quoted the wrong jacket.

9. HenryFlower

HenryFlower Well-Known Member

Buttoning point a bit high....Uninspired combination with not a single patterned item.
    These were the first two things that lept out at me. Looks washed out, and the buttoning point is off enough to notice. Overall, an OK CBD effort, not a nuclear smackdown.

10. acecow

acecow Well-Known Member

Shirt: BB Non-iron Extra Slim Fit (with additional alterations)
    [​IMG]? I echo the comments about a too wide leg opening and high buttoning point. Other than that, seems like a huge improvement from what we've seen before. Edit #1: Oh yeah, a different, more elongated and elegant tie knot would help. Edit #2: The leg opening would be fine if you bought this suit to wear specifically with boots.

11. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Well-Known Member

[​IMG] I cant edit the OP anymore... can someone please please please let me edit it to add a poal?

12. voxsartoria

13. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Well-Known Member

Dude, rehost images into a new thread so it can be pristine.

Keep my posts though, since they are gold like usual.

- B

Thats a great idea, but forget about pristine, the taint is strong on this one. Im going to PM for a poal add.

14. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Well-Known Member

The heavy boots (Trickers? Loake?) do not go well with the rest of the look. That is where my eye fell first.

15. sellahi22

sellahi22 Well-Known Member

I cant edit the OP anymore... can someone please please please let me edit it to add a poal?

I don't know what good a poll would be. MBreinin will get most if not all of the votes, regardless of the merits of RE's fits, because everyone hates RE (including me).

Personally while I don't think RE looks great in the photo he posted, he doesn't look any worse than MBreinin does in most of his pics.

16. Digmenow

Digmenow Well-Known Member

Congrats on getting the new system almost hammered out. Sounds like the mods here have done a great job shifting the site over and some of the new features sound cool. It sounds like styleforum will be much improved when it rolls out. Soon.

I was afraid this day would come.

17. voxsartoria

18. MBreinin

MBreinin Well-Known Member

OK, well, that's why you're dressed so well. Your clothes make you seem taller. Isn't that the ultimate goal?

Thinner, that is the ultimate goal. I will take height though. [​IMG]

I don't know what good a poll would be. MBreinin will get most if not all of the votes, regardless of the merits of RE's fits, because everyone hates RE (including me).

Personally while I don't think RE looks great in the photo he posted, he doesn't look any worse than MBreinin does in most of his pics.

That is an awesome way to insult everyone in one fell swoop. Well done, my man! Shall we battle next? [​IMG]

Reeve, I like your new suit. It needs cuffs, the boots are wrong and the tie is poorly knotted. I dig the vintage Hamilton, you get extra points for that.

Bring on some more.

Oh, and for the record you need to quote the recent fit.

Carry on,

Mike

19. sellahi22

sellahi22 Well-Known Member

That is an awesome way to insult everyone in one fell swoop. Well done, my man! Shall we battle next? [​IMG]

Not saying that you guys look bad, just that you guys don't look great the way that vox and parker and maomao look great (based on the pics posted in this thread). You guys look about equally decent. The point of my post was that a poll would be useless since everyone thinks that you're a cooler guy than RE (incl me).

20. acecow

acecow Well-Known Member

Not saying that you guys look bad, just that you guys don't look great the way that vox and parker and maomao look great (based on the pics posted in this thread). You guys look about equally decent. The point of my post was that a poll would be useless since everyone thinks that you're a cooler guy than RE (incl me).

Bah, they just have more ties.