1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Look goes on...

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mr Knightley, Mar 13, 2014.

1. cerneabbas

cerneabbas Well-Known Member

I actually said the same this weekend abouit my clothes,coats,jackets,jumpers and polos in navy and navy trousers and jeans,thats one reason for buying the pink BD,I would like a yellow BD too.
    I have got grey trousers and P.o.W check but jeans are the problem as you say not great with navy jumper or jacket.

2. Botolph

Botolph Well-Known Member

[​IMG] What a brave little dooby. Baby-steps is the way forward... The next thing you know, the challenge will be to wear the clothing ensemble from sunup to sundown, and walk a lap around one's building/house.

I shouldn't take the piss-- but sometimes you just CAN'T resist.

1 person likes this.
  3. covskin

covskin Well-Known Member

The Friday Challenge in one sentence

1 person likes this.
  4. cerneabbas

Clouseau's night time picture for the Cane Challenge was the best picture I have seen on there, an 'action shot'.

2 people like this.
  5. Mr Knightley

Mr Knightley Well-Known Member

For 2016 I agree completely.

There were two memorable winners in 2015 - @Butler in a James Bond style shot and @Synthese and the Van Burens in the desert:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/512798/friday-challenge-27-11-2015-chalks-and-pins
    http://www.styleforum.net/t/506266/friday-challenge-21st-august-2015-the-black-art-of-the-white-jacket

In the latter FC, Synthese and the Van Burens between them amassed 97 votes!

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  6. Clouseau

Clouseau Well-Known Member

Thanks mate, funny as when we took the picture i was really not sure about it. The 'flare' did a lot i think.

On another subject - Penny loafer - you finally can't compare the actual Sebago 'classics' (made in Dominican Republic) with the USA made a few years ago. I could compare both 'in the flesh', a big difference in term of construction and leather quality (speaking of the same basic model, not mentioning the 'made in Maine' or other limited editions). Of course the shop where they still have a few of the good old basic ones MiUSA don't have my size left...

7. Botolph

Botolph Well-Known Member

Loafer MIUsA

http://jpressonline.com/accessories-2/

1 person likes this.
  8. Man-of-Mystery

Man-of-Mystery Well-Known Member

Ok Gilles, when we come to Paris there's one place I want to get a piccie taken :)

I include this album sleeve from 1966 simply because a couple of things caught my eye. Firstly Milt Jackson (5th from left) wears a 3-button suit, for which he has done up the top two buttons. Please ignore the fact that his strides seem to have caught a gust of wind. He also wears a puff-style hanky in his top pocket. By contrast, John Lewis (2nd from right) appears to be wearing an ivy-league style jacket, with a rolled-over lapel, over his weskit.

[​IMG]

I actually had the honour of meeting and shaking hands with John Lewis.

9. Clouseau

Well Paul, when you will come to Paris, we will be able to to that ! [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  10. Man-of-Mystery

Although I think I would rather have a coffee in whatever was Samuel Beckett's favourite cafe.

11. covskin

^ sounds nightmarish, if his plays are anything to go by

1 person likes this.
  12. Cinneide

Cinneide New Member

Finally managed to get a pair of these. I like them a lot. Maybe a little baggy around the groin area but nicely fitted on the leg and a decent rise. Thanks for the recommendation.

I also picked up a pair of Brooks Brothers Milano chinos. Slim fit, medium rise. Lovely.

1 person likes this.
  13. Man-of-Mystery

Yeah, you wait forever for a waiter to come, and he never does. You go back the next day, and it's the same thing all over again! :D

14. Clouseau

i already told you all the good things i think about the Uniqlo U last take on the MA-1. I re-post here a picture of @Rais sporting one.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
    2 people like this.
  15. Man-of-Mystery

Well, Wednesday is charity shop day, and today I picked up a nice pair of onyx cufflinks. Pic below.

It was party time for volunteers in the processing room, and I brought in my iPad with its 100% soul playlist. One of my fellow-volunteers (my age, has a tattoo of an octopus on her left arm) came in wearing flat shoes, baggy strides, and a tank top! Bless her heart! :D

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  16. Fruitbat

Fruitbat Well-Known Member

Superb steal.
    Ps I had an Octupus tattoo meself once,; had to have it lassered off because it was costing me a fortune in crabs!

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
    2 people like this.
  17. Man-of-Mystery

I grew my own! :D

18. Mr Knightley

Mr Knightley Well-Known Member

Although @Rais does not purport to wear the Look as we know it he is very very cool IMO - and so is his sister.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
    2 people like this.
  19. covskin

Yes, there is a sort of clean, unobstructed modernism there

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
    3 people like this.
  20. cerneabbas

Lots of sales on at the moment, 2 worth loking at could be Herring Shoes and Sunspel,lots of real reductions at Sunspel if they have your size or you are colour blind.

My latest buy is a Gitman for J,Crew long sleeve BD shirt in an odd blue colour,I have always fancied a Gitman but they are pricey,I think that you get what you pay for though the cotton seems good quality and its made in USA and seems well constructed,I came across it by accident on e bay new in packet,mine for £33 including postage !

2 people like this.