1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Kooples Quality and Opinions

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by NateH777, Apr 6, 2016.

1. NateH777

NateH777 Active Member

Hi, I was wondering what people's opinions are on the quality of the Kooples? I like the design of some of their stuff, slightly different, like the collars on some shirts and things like that. But I'm a little concerned about the quality of it. Better than mall stuff like J.Crew/Banana Republic or slightly better/worse?

2. ChronBong

ChronBong Well-Known Member

Definitely 100% better than mall stuff as u said J.Crew/Banana Republic. The quality is pretty solid.

3. Andurew Choi

Andurew Choi Well-Known Member

Has anyone washed one of their 100% cotton/poplin shirts? I ordered in a size large and its a tad big but I think if I tumble dry it it'll shrink to a nice fit. Or I could just exchange it for the medium, but I tend to not like to hang dry things.

4. Todd Shelton

Todd Shelton Member

I've measured how much poplin shirts shrink after washing - but never The Kooples. If you wash and machine dry - you could probably expect about 1/4" to 1/2" across the shoulders, 1/2" to 3/4" across the chest/torso, and 1/2" to 1" in the length and sleeve length. Those numbers aren't exact, but a guide - if you wanted to put the shirt on and think about those numbers, it might help determine if you want to keep or exchange.

5. Andurew Choi

Andurew Choi Well-Known Member

I ended up going for it and washing it, it didn't shrink as much as i'd like but it is wearable.

6. Totoro-san

Totoro-san Member

I've found Kooples to be good quality in general. If you're on a low budget for RTW suits, then I'd especially recommend them for 5'6"-5'7" thin guys like me - their suits fit me really well as they're supposed to be super short but end up normal sized on shorter frames, so I didn't need to get the jacket length altered. You can pick them up at 50% off in sales which is quite decent value.