1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

the hygiene of ...

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by CarllraC, Oct 29, 2007.

1. grimslade

grimslade Well-Known Member

The toilets they've got at the Googleplex are the nuts.

2. Connemara

Connemara Well-Known Member

I took five dumps today. All were smooth, clean, and firm.

I attribute it to the McDonald's breakfast.

3. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member

This thread is useless without pics.
    www.ratemypoo.com

4. grunhauser

grunhauser Well-Known Member

At home, a TOTO washlet will keep you clean and sane. For those who prefer to take chances on the road, a portable version is a must.

5. tiecollector

tiecollector Well-Known Member

www.ratemypoo.com

I remember this site used to have user comments about the pics too. They were damn funny. The picture titles are pretty hilarious as well.

6. Sartorian

Sartorian Well-Known Member

That looks a bit basic no? I'm concerned that it's not retractable so you'd crap right on top of it.
    I dunno, looked good to me, esp. for the price. Thing is, I think one usually drops right about center or even a bit forward in the seat circle. This thing actually only sticks out a little bit, I think, so it's actually fairly out of the way--the stream angle is totally adjustable, too. This thread has actually inspired me to order one. I'll post a review if it works out. I like the fact they have a 'warmer' attachment for the water, too. And since I'm an eco-freak, I like the idea of being able to cut back on the TP a LOT.
    5k toilet[/url] is crazy. I'm looking more at sub $500 mount on bidets.
    I'm just a student, so I have to limit my poop-cleaning purchases.

7. romafan

romafan Well-Known Member

Conversely, at work the other day I shat so messy and forceful it splashed back through the small space at the back of the seat and onto my shirt.

I may be the only person in the world to shit their shirt.

IBS or cheesesteak for lunch = flipped shirttail

See above. If you sense an impending 'blowout', make sure that shirttail is flipped up. You are not the first, by any means, but it is a rookie mistake.

www.ratemypoo.com

I didn't click on this, but it reminded me of a story I heard of a guy going walkabout in Europe. While in England he met someone who's 'hobby' was taking pictures of other people's, errr, movements. He'd disable the flushing mechanism in a public toilet and then wait for someone to take a dump. They'ed go to flush, only to find the handle was 'broken'. After they left the guy would come in snap a photo, taking notes as to location, date and 'depositer'. The result was a photo album containing pix of 'filled' toilet bowls and descriptions reading something like: "Waterloo Station, 12 December, 1998 - tall Indian man wearing blue jeans and trainers"; "Drayton Arms, 8 March, 2000 - large gingerhaired Chelsea scarfer". The guy was of course completely weirded out by this, but the photographer didn't seem strange (although clearly he was) or embarassed by his hobby. The guy didn't detect any sexual undertones as he was being shown the album, it was just kind of a deviant trainspotting thing.....

8. edmorel

edmorel Well-Known Member

I took five dumps today. All were smooth, clean, and firm.

I attribute it to the McDonald's breakfast.

You could also attribute it to your large diameter.

And since I'm an eco-freak, I like the idea of being able to cut back on the TP a LOT.

I'm just a student, so I have to limit my poop-cleaning purchases.

You should just use your hands and then wash them afterwards. You'll save the environment of TP, and using your hands costs you nothing so both bases are covered.

9. HomerJ

HomerJ Well-Known Member

You should just use your hands and then wash them afterwards. You'll save the environment of TP, and using your hands costs you nothing so both bases are covered.

Left hand for ass wiping.

10. lee_44106

lee_44106 Well-Known Member

The Cottonelle wipes seems like a great idea. But I'll stick with my present regimen, as I'm cheap.

If I have to use a public restroom, I always pre-moisten 3-4 paper towels. They are actually quite soft when moist. I also have 2-3 dry paper towels. I wipe with regular toilet paper until relatively clean, then proceed with the wet/moist paper towel until completely clean. The dry paper towel to dab up any wet spots.

Presto, clean as a whistle! and doesn't cost a cent.

PS, make sure you flush frequently, after dumping about two paper towels, otherwise you risk clogging the toilet.

PS-2: to prevent the dreaded splashing onto self/shirt, I always place a sheet of paper towel (not paper towel, too thin) into the toilet bowel prior to executing my body evacuation. The paper towel works best for the liquid/messy type; it buffers the spray and prevents back spray.

11. Sartorian

Sartorian Well-Known Member

You could also attribute it to your large diameter.

Actually did this quite a bit in W. Africa: they sell little plastic teapots at the markets; everyone carries them around during travel. Makeshift bidets. It's why I was considering that add-on bidet: a little water and hand if need be, TP is rendered irrelevant AND inefficient.

Yum, guys, this thread makes me huuuuuuuuungraaaaay!

12. Alfred_Newman

Alfred_Newman Member

You gotta just hold your ass cheaks open when you go.

13. Journeyman

Journeyman Well-Known Member

Water is the way to go in much of SE Asia and China, too.

The less-prosperous bathrooms simply have a plastic beach bucket or scoop and a cistern of water (and you squat over a hole in the floor) whilst the more upmarket conveniences sport flexible shower heads so that you can hose yourself off.

As noted above, the left-hand rule applies. Don't offer your left hand to someone in Indonesia or Malaysia, as it's widely considered rude.

Japanese toilets are quite amazing. I went to a public toilet in Korakuen (a rather famous, historically notable garden) some years back and was astonished to see that the toilet featured a heated seat, bidet/bottom washer and warm air bottom dryer.

14. Zubberah

Zubberah Well-Known Member

I just wanted to say this is one of the funniest and more shockingly informative threads I have ever read on SF. What that says about this forum... I do not know. But congratulations are in order to all those involved.

+1.

This thread is precisely the reason why I crap BEFORE I shower. Once in the shower, I look forward to 2 Hail Mary's and then yank my index finger up my wet and soapy ass to make sure my prostate is still there, commit a quick 360 clean-and-turn then exit. Feels great. And cleans like a dream. Otherwise I spend an hour trying to locate each and every skerrick of crap left over if I have to go post-shower, such that I chafe myself to bleeding!

15. Britalian

Britalian Well-Known Member

+1.

This thread is precisely the reason why I crap BEFORE I shower. Once in the shower, I look forward to 2 Hail Mary's and then yank my index finger up my wet and soapy ass to make sure my prostate is still there, commit a quick 360 clean-and-turn then exit. Feels great. And cleans like a dream. Otherwise I spend an hour trying to locate each and every skerrick of crap left over if I have to go post-shower, such that I chafe myself to bleeding!

Two words which should be used more often, I feel.

There can be few things more enjoyable in life than having a wonderful Dyno Rodding crap. I usually get up feeling like a new man.

16. HomerJ

HomerJ Well-Known Member

+1.

Thread just reached the next level.

17. Serg

Serg Well-Known Member

indeed it did...

18. atroopan

atroopan Well-Known Member

Keep posting tips guys - some hella good shit here [​IMG]

troop

19. johnapril

johnapril Well-Known Member

Eat with your right hand, wipe with your left.

-Muhammad

20. FidelCashflow

FidelCashflow Well-Known Member

DO NOT follow up the wet treatment with a drying wipe of stock paper. Not only do you risk the dry paper pilling and leaving little white rolled dingleberries for you to have to deal with later, and the potential sting of a plucked hair, but worst of all, you introduce the possibility of the dreaded finger-through-paper breach.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Terrance Howard on the subject: "If they're (his girlfriends) using dry paper, they aren't washing all of themselves. It's just unclean. So if I go inside a woman's house and see the toilet paper there, I'll explain this. And if she doesn't make the adjustment to baby wipes, I'll know she's not completely clean."