1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Hong Kong Tailors Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Silk, Apr 6, 2007.

Tags:
  1. bamboo

bamboo Well-Known Member

Well, at least I think @PekingRoadHK is logically consitent and has not changed his position. It is true that the discussion is sometimes repetetive and going arond the loop. I see the mission of revealing some truths about Hong Kong tailoring business was accomplished. Talking about the baotao example, if I am a Baotao user and I like it, I would not post the final product here because I would not have an upside of doing so.

2. bamboo

bamboo Well-Known Member

Regarding the comparison with electorics industry, IMHO, Apple adds value, there are many tailors who don't. That is the problem.

3. Hifilover

Hifilover Well-Known Member

First of all , customers go to tailor shops or baotao are their own choice . No doubt customers understand tailor shops need running cost . Price is higher than baotao direct. Tailor shops provide service , how to define add value ? Translation is an add value ? I found out there are too many assumptions.

4. Hifilover

I do not agree PekingRoadHK is consistent . He had done a lot in local forum . He mentioned earlier that he support tailor shops for visitors . It can let some Hong Kong people earn a living . But what he is doing now in here is to guide visitors to skip tailor shops to save money . Visitors save money and hong kong loose money . It comes to me he is selfish . I am never as good as him in debate . If he loves Hong Kong , i think he should stop here.

5. Hifilover

PekingRoadHK saud he is a consumer, he do not care the industry . A man without care for others . He keep on making Facebook accounts for Baotao . I think tailor shops will stop using those baotao. Baotao become depend on private customers . Baotao will charge higher , fabric shop will charge higher because they need more time to deal with customers or they can without tailor shops . Will the industry be better without a tailor shop group in long run . True name in here is hidden . Spending so much energy in such topic to harm tailor shops for what purpose ? If he has no real benefits , he is a physco .

6. Hifilover

@bamboo , i think you are talking about absolute valve . Tailor shops provide a nice clean place , changing rooms convinent location . Drinking a beer in Mandarin Hotel or 7-eleven is the same . Sleeping in a hotel and in a park is no difference ?