1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 26, 2008.

1. clee1982

clee1982 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info guess I'll skip...

2. kirbya

kirbya Well-Known Member

The Cleverley's do fit narrow, so we recommend going up a size. Because of the cost of these shoes, we are allowing exchanges to find a correct fit. So, if you still want to try one, just place an order and let me know. All we ask is that you contact us immediately if you'd like to coordinate an exchange.

I'm trying to work on getting a set of trial shoes from Cleverley so we can send out two or three sizes at the same time for customers to determine their fit. The AC's really are incredible shoes - the quality of the construction is as fine as I've seen, and cleaner than even some of the best bespoke shoes.

3. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Well-Known Member

Hi Kirby. Writing to ask if the shoes you are selling are marked D width or E width? The D width are super narrow and the E width are narrow/normal in my opinion. Are you also able to provide measurements for the shoes you have posted?

PS - some of the Cleverley shoes that you have listed are/were marked final sale...

4. kirbya

kirbya Well-Known Member

These are all the normal width, not narrow. I've already confirmed that with Cleverley.

They are, technically, final sale, but we will allow exchanges / returns if they do not fit specifically for these shoes given that we understanding the constraints on sizing. They just have to be requested immediately.

5. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Well-Known Member

That sounds really fair Kirby. How about posting of outsole LxW and insole length?

6. palk

palk Well-Known Member

I recently received a pair of the Antique Edwardian Walcot (http://www.edwardgreen.com/shop/shoes/walcot-4187.html ) and I'm looking to get the Saphir starter kit from THP to keep good care of them. Any of you gents have a recommendation as to which color of Saphir's waxes and polishes you'd recommend for them? My first guess is the Light Brown and Neutral for both. Also, is there still a code for SF members or has that expired?

7. kirbya

kirbya Well-Known Member

I'll see if I can find pull the shoes and give the measurements on a 8.5 UK. If you want anything in your size, @ThinkDerm, let me know.

@palk Beautiful shoes! I'd recommend light brown for those shoes.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  8. palk

palk Well-Known Member

For both wax and polish? I was thinking light brown polish and neutral wax. Also, SF10 doesn't seem to work for me; has the discount been discontinued?

9. stanchri

stanchri Well-Known Member

I believe there is a $100 minimum order for the code to kick in as per a post a few pages back.

10. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Well-Known Member

Anyone have suggestions on ties from Wills old stock?

The choices are lengths of 56 or 60. Alas my ideal is 58. I'm looking at shantung ties but the first is too short and the second could be too long. A DFIH with the long ties might lead to an overly bulky shantung knot given a 9cm blade width. Anyone in the same predicament and have a suggestion?

Cheers

11. kirbya

kirbya Well-Known Member

I would recommend the 56 and a tight fih knot tied long rather than the 60 and a dfih - the latter is going to be huge, given the additional pattern width on the 60s, especially if tied a bit short. A modified half Windsor could also work with the 60.

All of our new fall deliveries will be 3-fold 58 inch ties. Going to do away altogether with the extra-long 60 inch ties. Love having them, but we just don't sell enough to justify the additional inventory.

1 person likes this.
  12. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Well-Known Member

13. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Well-Known Member

Speaking of tie dimensions ... Kirby, can you tell me what the dimensions of this one are? Under size, the site just says, "<3.5." Thanks!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
  14. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Well-Known Member

What color Saphir cream and wax should I use for Edward Green Dark Oak Antique Chelseas? I have black already, but was concerned about the brown. Should I be looking at dark brown, tobacco, medium brown, or some other color?

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  15. smoothie1

smoothie1 Well-Known Member

Dark brown to antique and maintain the burnished captoes and other areas. Probably neutral (maybe medium brown), if you wish to maintain the current color. How do they fit?

1 person likes this.
  16. Krish the Fish

Thanks! They fit perfectly, a little wider than my Lobb City IIs, which is exactly what I was hoping for

17. Krish the Fish

Kirby, what's the word on the Dressing Valet (non-deluxe)? Does it come as seen on the website, or is it made to order so options are available? And does it ship pre-assembled? How does payment for it work, pay all upfront or 50% down and then 50% at ship (if it's made to order).

I have some extra space in my bedroom at my house for med school and I was thinking about what to fill that space with. The valet came to mind so I thought I'd ask

18. mycloud

mycloud Member

Can I buy and use the Saphir MDO Lotion for my Oxford shoes instead of MDO Renovateur ? It seems a little bit cheaper so I can put more money into my lasted shoe trees. Is the lotion different from Renovateur if it is about cleaning and conditioning ? Thank you.

19. kirbya

kirbya Well-Known Member

These are basically the same product, just different concentrations. Totally appropriate substitute.

20. Academic2

Academic2 Well-Known Member

Any plans to re-stock the Saphir Mirror Gloss wax polish?

Cheers,

Ac