1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Fabro

Fabro Well-Known Member

The next big project that we'll be undertaking are hanging bags and linen dust covers (which would just cover the shoulders of a jacket). If you gentlemen would like to have your wishes incorporated into our product development, please suggest them now! It should be a very exciting addition, as we continue to seek create the best garment care indulgences available.

This is great news. I've been looking for these for a while.

2. kirbya

kirbya Well-Known Member

http://www.styleforum.net/announcement.php?f=13

Hey Style Forum members-

In response to the current affiliate promotion, Kirby Allison's Hanger Project is upping the ante by offering an additional 10% off all orders placed with the StyleForum Promotional Code (enter during checkout). This offer is only valid through the terms of the Affiliate Promotion, which ends October 23. Please reference "StyleForum" in the "How did you hear about us?" column.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us through our website!

Cheers,

Kirby
    http://www.HangerProject.com
    You tailor your clothes.
    Now tailor your hangers.

3. foto010101

foto010101 Well-Known Member

I would like to recommend these hangers to customers in Europe. To my knowledge there are no other companies that provide hangers which come close to ones from The Hanger Project.

The contours of the hangers enable a perfect fit for your expensive coats, jackets and shirts. Also the hangers look so much better than the ones I have seen before.

In total I ordered 8 suit hangers, 20 shirt hangers and 20 trouser bars. They were sent to Europe by USPS Priority Mail. By choosing this shipping method online tracking is provided.

I have a lot of experience with internet businesses. Usually it takes quite some time before they answer my emails. This is not the case with The Hanger Project. Their service is really good.

I will definitely buy some more suit hangers in the future!

4. Limniscate

Limniscate Well-Known Member

Dangit, I missed the discount.

5. bullethead

bullethead Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind seeing a quality valet stand...

6. Limniscate

Limniscate Well-Known Member

I'm getting an error when I click "Make Payment."

7. BdeRWest

BdeRWest Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind seeing a quality valet stand...

+1

8. vitaminc

vitaminc Well-Known Member

What is the best way to figure out the appropriate hanger size I should buy?

9. kirbya

kirbya Well-Known Member

What is the best way to figure out the appropriate hanger size I should buy?

Great question! Sorry for any delay in responding. A customer today asked me just this question. When purchasing luxury wooden hangers from Kirby Allison's Hanger Project, the most accurate method of sizing your hanger is to measure directly across the back. The width of the hanger should never exceed this measurement, as you do not want the hanger ends to protrude into the sleeve. See the below illustration:

[​IMG]

Another customer recently asked a question on why it's better for the suit hangers to be smaller than the width of the jacket, while it is okay for shirt hangers to be slightly larger. My response is copied below:

Let me know if you guys have any questions or comments.

Cheers,

Kirby Allison
    Kirby Allison's hanger Project

You tailor your clothes.
    Now tailor your hangers.
    Luxury Hangers

Other Update:
    We are working on a luxury garment bag, which should be ready hopefully within the next month or two. We are also looking to add a premium garment brush and a complete line of luxury women's hangers. And don't forget to take a look at our newest item--our MORTIMER Shoe Horn.

10. Diggz

Diggz Well-Known Member

I love my suit hangers from THP! Will definitley be buying more.

My roommate wears suits with 16.5" shoulders, will the 17" hanger be appropriate for him?

11. kirbya

kirbya Well-Known Member

12. yachtie

yachtie Well-Known Member

I miss the ones with the openable trouser bar (rather than the fixed felted one). Are those orderable?

13. A Canuker

A Canuker Well-Known Member

I ment to post about these hangers but due to events forgot.

I was the big winner of a collection of hangers last christmas for the charity donation thread. Long story short the guys at the Hanger Project are a great group. They were more the happy to send these out which I felt was very nice.

I was concerned with how the hangers would look compared to the ones I currently use as mine all match my closet in terms of color(light vs the dark wood from HP) but after recieving these I am now concerned with how lacking my other hangers are. The felt is perfect for keeping trousers held in place and the shoulders are much wider and have a greater level of "heft".

Pant hangers make my others look flimsy though the HP ones are ment to fold and my closet is set up for hanging from the cuff for pants. Shirt hangers are rich in color and a little wider then what I currently have for the majority of my shirts.

Long story short since receiving my small collection I have plans to convert all of my suit hangers to use the HP ones and would highly recommend picking up a set of three to compare to yours.

14. kirbya

kirbya Well-Known Member

By very popular and persistent demand, we have finally added a new JACKET HANGER to our lineup of luxury men's hangers (aka. no felted trouser bar). Our new Premium Jacket Hangers are built to the same specifications of our suit hangers, but without the trouser bar (same sizes, finishes, etc.).

Also, please use this as an opportunity to TAKE A LOOK AT OUR NEW WEBSITE!! Very exciting development for us. We're still trying to figure out the formula, but we think that this new website is a large step forward for us. If you have any feedback, suggestions, or thoughts, please email me directly at kirbya@hangerproject.com.

Other updates:
    GARMENT BAGS - we are very close to completing our garment bags. We are just waiting on the zippers... go figure. Anyway, these are going to be exceptional. We are going to construct from organic cottons (a khaki and navy) and offer in both regular (corresponds with 17.0" and 18.5" hangers) and a large (20.0"+ sizes).

Clamping Trouser Hanger - We have begun production on our NEXT GENERATION of our Clamping Trouser Hanger. Many of you have probably noticed that we haven't been offering our previous clamping hanger for the past few months. This is because we have been working on what is going to be very exceptional. We completely re-engineered the clamping mechanism to be much more robust. We also increased the center seam allowance.

As always, please share your feedback!

Cheers,

Kirby Allison
    Kirby Allison's Hanger Project
    (800) 495-3201
    kirbya@hangerproject.com

15. Michael Ay329

Michael Ay329 Well-Known Member

Deleted

ChiliPalmer...do me the courtesy and delete yours too before others realize I'm a bafoon

16. ChiliPalmer

ChiliPalmer Well-Known Member

Your X-mas gift packages were a hit with those I gave it to...thanks

I can see how your jacket hanger can be handy for overcoats and topcoats...but its more than double the price of your suit hanger....so I'm asking this in a polite and respectful way, what justifies a price of $75 for those of us who desire the 20 inch version?

Why not price it similarly as in the suit hanger?

It's a set of 3.

17. kirbya

kirbya Well-Known Member

It's a set of 3.

The Jacket hangers are $2 cheaper than the suit hangers at any given size (per hanger). The new website only allows us to accommodate set quantities, so we're stuck to 3x and 10x.

We charge slightly extra for the 20.0" Jacket Hanger because it requires a substantial amount of extra wood.

18. ChiliPalmer

ChiliPalmer Well-Known Member

What's the status of the suit bags? Still waiting on zippers?

19. StrataMan

StrataMan Active Member

I'd just like to add that Kirby's customer service is excellent. A couple of months ago I ordered the wrong size suit hangers from him (based on the guide, my size was right on the fence between the 17" and the 18.5", so I went for the 18.5" which was too big). Anyway, I called the customer service number to ask about the exchange process. Kirby himself answered the phone, and sent out the replacement hangers before I had even sent back the first ones. He also included a free sample of the felted trouser hanger. I definitely love the new suit hangers. As others have stated, they have a great form for supporting the shoulder area of the suits. All of this reminds me that I really should order some of the trouser hangers, and I'm looking forward to the introduction of the garment bags. Definitely a needed item. The plastic ones just suck.

20. Uncle Jam's Army

Uncle Jam's Army Well-Known Member

Any word on availability of the garment bags?