1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***the Epicurean knits thread***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Aug 24, 2010.

1. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Well-Known Member

Who is making mixed-yarn or varied-gauge knits these days? @gdl203, @Synthese, @LA Guy?

(I don't see a reason to spoiler these even if some may already be in the thread somewhere)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Well, SNS Herning is doing some interesting stuff for FW16 (incidentally, we'll be doing a preorder with them). A 12 gauge knit cable is mixed with a 4 gauge yarn in a grid pattern. I also saw some good stuff at Stephan Schneider - in burgundy, deep blue, and grey striping. I especially liked a Breton sweater I saw there. Also, some really nice, hand linked wool/silk blend shawl collar cardigans at Ts(S) - I would want one for myself, but the prices were sorta hard to swallow for my smalltimer self. Those were the usual suspects. Um... there were others, but I would need to go through my camera pics to remind me of those brands and what they had.

3. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Well-Known Member

I'm interested in photos of that if you have any. I haven't followed SNS too closely; have they done anything like it before?

And is their preorder imminent, since Schneider (pre) fw16 is happening now, or on a completely different schedule?

Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
  4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Different schedule. We try to space things out a bit! Should happen in a week or so.

Cheers,

Fok.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
  5. jet

jet Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  6. double00

double00 Well-Known Member

all clothes are beaters (if you're doing it right).

i just picked up a margiela that at first glance is like an oversized normcore grey wool stockinette but it's got a subtle 'in-and-out' croc pattern etched into it somehow. i think it's wimmenz but idgaf.

the 'mall brand' thing is very funny to me - i've collected (and made) knits for a long time and some of my favorites are mall brand. if we're being honest knitting is basically a peasant folkway. PRL has done hand knits in China forever and human hands are just that.

so, where are you snobs drawing the line exactly?

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  7. APK

APK Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.