1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***the Epicurean knits thread***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Aug 24, 2010.

1. KingJulien

KingJulien Well-Known Member

I have a schneider cardigan with like 20% mohair and have had/handled a couple others with 50% mohair and none were at all itchy, actually probably softer than most 100% wool stuff.

2. superego

superego Well-Known Member

pics of the schneider ijevan in the grey colorway for reference/posterity. weave on this is beautiful...kinda just like looking at it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. jet

jet Well-Known Member

ya goddam right

4. el Bert

el Bert Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Anyone know who this knit is from, it looks cool in this pic?

5. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

Just picked this up from OC and if you guys haven't handled JWA knits yet, you should check them out. This made-in-Scotland merino cable is so soft it feels like cashmere.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  6. slstr

slstr Well-Known Member

Sad to hear that about the Leder, I've only heard great things about him before, which cardigan did you get?

7. g transistor

g transistor Well-Known Member

I thought about buying the honey coloured cardigan from SW for a long time, and the night I finally decide it's go time, it disappears :(

8. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

nm

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
  9. tonio028

tonio028 Well-Known Member

I picked this one up a little ways back. I like the pattern/color, just haven't worn it yet and slightly undecided still if I'm keeping.

The honey colored one I picked up from this season had the same button issues as yours, pretty dissappointing I agree given the price point and thought maybe mine was an isolated incident. I had the buttons reinforced so not that big a deal, but it was frustrating upon receipt. I am not experiencing the same issue on the cuffs as you though.

10. jet

jet Well-Known Member

terrible news guys

guess i'm lucky that I get to try this stuff on in person, also the shirts i have feel very high quality so at the minimum it's not something across the board

I will inform frank of these issues

11. tonio028

tonio028 Well-Known Member

Not a deal breaker for me but annoying. I have the wool autumn shirt from this season that doesn't have any quality issues though, material on that is brilliant and certainly of high quality.

Tell Frank what's up.

12. Caveat

Caveat Well-Known Member

I've had problems with FL stuff as well. The cardigan I ordered from Neighbour last year had a huge hole in the pocket. Saager was awesome about it and sent me another. The dogtooth shirt I bought last year lost a button after a couple of wears and honestly, I'm going to reinforce all the buttons myself because they feel like they are all about to come off. Having said that, I bought a couple more of his shirts this season because they are just so cool.

13. jet

jet Well-Known Member

fosho

i dunno my shirts and buttons are pretty damn sturdy, seems his knitwear is the problem

14. LonerMatt

LonerMatt Well-Known Member

Copped an Our Legacy knit today - 50% alpaca 50% merino. Soft as anything, gorgeous colours.

Shame it is summer, or I'd rock it right now.

15. click here

click here Well-Known Member

Which one is it? Is it the O neck?

16. Banana Cognac

Banana Cognac Well-Known Member

OL do some pretty decent knits - probably one of the better brands to get at that price point.

17. LonerMatt

LonerMatt Well-Known Member

I've usually been pretty unimpressed with their knits - a lot of acrylics, etc, but when I was browsing a local store I came accross this and it is lush.

LUSH.

18. el Bert

el Bert Well-Known Member

What's your guys favorite knit? Either on the runway that may not have been ever for sale or one that you just never got a chance to purchase?

19. g transistor

g transistor Well-Known Member

probably the single cardigan in light grey. I have it too (wearing it now lol) and it's a fucking steal at pretty much any price. I was lucky enough to only get it for $100. It does shed quite a bit though...but alpaca tends to do that since it's kinda hairy.

20. jet

jet Well-Known Member

dat ain't epicurean

see some of my posts early on in thread