1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Epaulet Holiday Trouser Fit Pic Contest Poll (vote now!)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Epaulet, Dec 29, 2011.

Tags:

Choose your favorite Epaulet Holiday Trouser contest photo (vote for as many as you like!)

Poll closed Jan 3, 2012.
  1. Beatlegeuse

15 vote(s)
    12.1%
  2. Frank Cowperwood

6 vote(s)
    4.8%
  3. iluvatar

7 vote(s)
    5.6%
  4. kgmessier (by the wine racks)

11 vote(s)
    8.9%
  5. kgmessier (da mystery of chessboxing)

22 vote(s)
    17.7%
  6. MacktasticGDogg

5 vote(s)
    4.0%
  7. MaxK

17 vote(s)
    13.7%
  8. nbernie

8 vote(s)
    6.5%
  9. NewYorkRanger (chinos and muttonchops)

21 vote(s)
    16.9%
  10. NewYorkRanger (his lovely wife and naughty poetry)

36 vote(s)
    29.0%
  11. oisin

12 vote(s)
    9.7%
  12. PorterInjax

11 vote(s)
    8.9%
  13. scottcw

2 vote(s)
    1.6%
  14. StanleyVanBuren

59 vote(s)
    47.6%
  15. TKJTG

17 vote(s)
    13.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Well-Known Member

Thanks guys, I'm really looking forward to it so I'm sure it will be a nice change...hopefully I'll win the random name-out-of-a-hat contest to be the only guy in Charleston with a pair of sweet ass Epaulet Christmas trousers :nodding:

1 person likes this.
  2. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Well-Known Member

Sweet town, I love Charleston.

3. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Well-Known Member

I visited there for the first time about a month ago and I thought it was great too :fistbump: Hopefully we both like it and can finally start to get settled...in the past 8 years I moved from Pennsylvania, to Baltimore, to Brooklyn, to Manhattan (short stay of 3 months in Spanish Harlem), then back to Brooklyn, then back to Baltimore, and now to Charleston. It would be nice to be done with moving for a little while!

Anyway, sorry to derail the thread! Getting back on topic ...looks like SVB won the popular vote, congrats! The pic was very well deserving of the victory...now let's get to the random drawing so the rest of us non-photogs have a shot at those trousers!

4. NewYorkIslander

+1. I don't think I could ever leave Brooklyn, especially that the wife AND I are both city teachers...

5. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

StanleyVanBuren is the winner by popular vote!

A well-deserved win sir. Killer composition, great colors and lighting, cool outifts, beautiful girl, awesome car, and fantastic concept. AND you showed off the trousers well on top of that. A pair of Holiday Trousers will be cut for you with a quickness!

And again, I want to thank EVERYONE for participating. It was a blast for us to watch the contest unfold, and I'm really glad to hear how much fun you guys had doing it. The amount of creativity that went into the submissions was stunning. Let's make this a regular thing! Since we do so much private label stuff, there's always the chance to make something cool for one or two-off prizes. We'll rock something new in a few months.

Blind Ballot raffle and decision to come tomorrow or Friday!

Cheers,
    Mike

1 person likes this.
  6. applky

applky Well-Known Member

Congratulations to SVB! Well deserved.

And kudos to everyone else who submitted. Some excellent fits here. Looking forward to participating in future contests!

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  7. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

...but seriously,

THANK YOU!!!

and that's to Mike for putting this on, to everyone who voted for us, and to everyone else who participated. It was really cool to see the creativity come out in all the other photos, especially from kgm and NYR who, as mentioned, really went all out with a slew of awesome shots. And as an aside, for what Mike has admitted were his "worst-selling trousers" ever, the Black Stewart tartans sure got a lot of action in this contest, and that was really cool to see.

Along with "our photographer" (i.e. the friend that I convinced to wake up at 7am), my girlfriend and I had a ton of fun putting our shot together both in coming up with the concept, and getting the clothes, car, and pose just right. We probably took 50-75 shots and the one we ended up going with was somewhere in the middle. The mural has since progressed toward completion but I think we nailed it at the perfect time since we were able to place ourselves in front of the unfinished half. My girlfriend, for her part, will be getting one of the scarves (probably one of the ones from Howlin?) -- she still has to decide.

Anyway, I can't wait to get my holiday trousers! They will be perfect for next Christmas, but of course, you can all expect that they will be worn (and photographed!) well before then, too. [​IMG]

8. applky

applky Well-Known Member

Excellent.

9. NewYorkIslander

congrats SVB, good stuff man.

10. about11oclock

about11oclock Well-Known Member

NYR wuz robbed!

11. kgmessier

kgmessier Well-Known Member

Congrats, SVB! What a fun contest, guys. Interesting (not surprising?) that the top two vote-getters featured members of the softer sex. Future contestants take note. [​IMG]

Thanks for putting this together, Mike. Looking forward to another in the future, whether for Epaulet swag or simply bragging rights.

- K

2 people like this.
  12. Clyde

Clyde Well-Known Member

All the pics were great, but I think no one will doubt SVBs right to the title here.

13. thebunk

thebunk Well-Known Member

Nice win SVB. Good luck to everyone else in the draw.

14. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

congrats SVB, im pullin for bjuicer in the drawing!

15. indesertum

indesertum Well-Known Member

what's stanley's car?

16. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Well-Known Member

Who won the blind ballot?

17. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

Sorry guys, I ran out of time to do this before heading off to Italy. I'm back next week, and we're going to rock the blind ballot something fierce!

18. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Well-Known Member

What the hell Mike? You wouldn't delay your trip to Italy for this? :)

19. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Well-Known Member

It's a 1976 Fiat 124 Spider.

[​IMG]

My friend Brandon was given the car on his 21st birthday by his grandparents who had bought it new in 1976.

Someone uncovered this old link and posted it in WAYWT a little while back, but for anyone who missed it, my friends and I shot a film in the summer of 2008 where we took the Fiat and 2 other cars on an extended road trip through California looking for the greatest driving road and subjecting the cars to challenges along the way. The film was [blatantly] inspired by Top Gear and was a couple years before anyone else thought to do a US version. If you're into cars and/or Top Gear, you should definitely check it out. Just ignore the clothes as they are quite awful (this was pre-styleforum for me):

(plays in six parts)

About a year after we made this film, Brandon called me and said he was selling the Fiat. After yelling at him that he could do no such thing, he told me that it wasn't currently registered or drivable and he had nowhere to store it, so the only way it was going to stick around was if I bought it. So I did.

20. NewYorkIslander

Can we be friends, like in real life? :slayer:

1 person likes this.