1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Demise Of The Sf Discount Part2

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Mauro

Mauro Well-Known Member

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    Now I am beyond pissed.
    Another SF member is returning woolrich at a certain B&M store and saying that they are from SF and that they have got the same piece cheaper somwhere else.
    Woolrich only produces about 1,000 pieces a season so there isn't that many U.S. reatilers .
    WHO THE FUCK IS DOING THIS AND WHY ARE YOU FUCKING UP STYLE FORUM.
    The man who reps Woolrich is a fucking really cool guy. He is in the process of deciding what to do. More than likely he will not allow a SFD just like EG and APC.
    For the life of me I dont know how people can be so stupid.
    Please discuss because I really don"t want to lose some key vendors becasue there are a couple JACKASS'S who can't keep a good thing to themselves.

PS- THIS RETURN JUST HAPPENED AND THE RETAILER WHO CALLED IS IN THE RIGHT AND IS NOW OUT 800.00

2. Jekyll

Jekyll Well-Known Member

What the fuck?

3. warlok1965

warlok1965 Well-Known Member

Are you fucking kidding me?

Mauro, I will still buy from you without discounts cuz you are a great guy and I want to support your kind of business. Thanks for trying to do us knuckleheads a favor [​IMG]

4. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Well-Known Member

what the fuck?! it's people like that who need to be castrated, but the problem is i don't think this situation will ever stop, especially with all the lurkers out there...

5. Mauro

Mauro Well-Known Member

^^ YOU ROCK!
    I just can't honestly believe this can be true.
    either
    A. it is ( i believe it) or B. somebody who is not an affiliate is fucking up the SFD

however this time they went after context and attacked the context cash ( which is a good idea).
    Its bad.
    I just don't get it.

ADAM- people can just SHUT THE FUCK UP.

6. Spencer

Spencer Well-Known Member

That’s a fucking joke man. Is it really worth the extra money to screw Farinellii's, the other retailer,a nd us Styleforumers?

Gladly bought some KMW’s form you guys the other day with a 20% off discount, I would hate for a couple of losers to screw up the good relationship Farinelli's has with SF over a few bucks.

7. Mauro

Mauro Well-Known Member

Not just me but ALL the other affiliates.

8. Spencer

Spencer Well-Known Member

Not just me but ALL the other affiliates.

True.

I think most guys here are in agreement that as much as we LOVE the discounts we would still buy from you since you carry the best goods and have some of if not the best service out there!

9. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Well-Known Member

Agree, although I'm not sure I fully understand the issue here...

10. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Well-Known Member

^^ YOU ROCK! I just can't honestly believe this can be true. either A. it is ( i believe it) or B. somebody who is not an affiliate is fucking up the SFD however this time they went after context and attacked the context cash ( which is a good idea). Its bad. I just don't get it. ADAM- people can just SHUT THE FUCK UP.
    you need to treat the SFD like the mafia there is no such thing, it doesn't exist...

11. Teger

Teger Well-Known Member

12. Dashaansafin

Dashaansafin Well-Known Member

Yea Mauro, your the first retailer that acutally got back to me quickly, if I werent a college student and actually had an income, I would most definalty try to help out by buying whatever I can (Haha mostly BoO stuff)...but instead I'm begging for clothes.

Nonetheless, that is ridiculous...way too many lurkers who screw things up. This should be a private forum.

13. Gavin

Gavin Well-Known Member

This should be a private forum.

Or, at the very least, put all of the affiliate threads/discounts in a private forum.

14. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Well-Known Member

If you're another retailer and someone pulls the "I can get it cheaper somewhere else" card, then can't you choose not to accept the return (or accept it for credit only)? People may just do it more discreetly, but it would at least discourage retailers from blaming SF.

15. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Well-Known Member

those dudes should get kicked off from styleforum and have their name sent to all affiliates and black list those assholes

16. Mauro

Mauro Well-Known Member

I am going to have to speak about this with FOK.

I have a good source saying it might be an affiliate who's ratting out it's own peoples.
    If this is true I will switch to an different kind of discount and offer a really cool thing Fok came up with.
    Unreal.

17. why

why Well-Known Member

you need to treat the SFD like the mafia there is no such thing, it doesn't exist...
    We could change the SF discount's name to 'la cosa nostra'.

18. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Well-Known Member

I am going to have to speak about this with FOK.

I have a good source saying it might be an affiliate who's ratting out it's own peoples.
    If this is true I will switch to an different kind of discount and offer a really cool thing Fok came up with.
    Unreal.

this is getting ridiculous. its better to just black list jerks then make all good people suffer. so yeah if you and fok comeup with something great. if not retailers should just deny all returns unless store credit. this is a problem for the buyer but the affiliates are not playing smart either.

praise to you mauro ... hope your "globetrotting" was eventful!!!

19. warlok1965

warlok1965 Well-Known Member

If you're another retailer and someone pulls the "I can get it cheaper somewhere else" card, then can't you choose not to accept the return (or accept it for credit only)? People may just do it more discreetly, but it would at least discourage retailers from blaming SF.

No upside for retailers. People will just lie about the reason, but they will still return the item and badmouth the retailer for such a policy.

however this time they went after context and attacked the context cash ( which is a good idea).
    Its bad.
    I just don't get it.

Mauro, what exactly happened with context cash? It seems like that model of "discount" would be the least offensive to manufacturers.

20. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Well-Known Member

Sneak peek at Mauro's new line:

[​IMG]