1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The definitive Silvano Lattanzi thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by VRaivio, Jul 26, 2011.

1. CROM

CROM New Member

Hi, new to the forum and had to post these gems that I snapped up at a local thrift store a while back for $5. Some idiot put the price stickers on the insoles right over top of Silvano's signature, which was extremely tough to remove without losing all the ink but I got most of it off. I'm wondering if anyone has any information about them, would be curious to learn. I'm not sure what style of shoe this is or anything. They fit me perfectly and are extremely comfortable so I'm not interested in selling them – They feel like no other shoe I've ever worn.

I applied some Lexol leather conditioner to the shoe on the left in the photo, the shoe on the right was only cleaned with a damp cloth. The shoes were really dusty and dry when I got them but no cracking. Going to probably take them to a professional to have them shined up (don't worry, I didn't use the Kiwi in the corner of the photo) and possibly have the soles repaired a bit (seems that someone had worn them in the rain and then walked across a beach parking lot as they're a lot of small pebbles embedded in the leather – a real shame, but nothing serious). Any tips for care etc would also be appreciated as I've never owned such a nice pair of shoes!

[​IMG]

2. poorsod

poorsod Well-Known Member

Congrats on the good find. I wonder if the leather is cordovan.

3. Journeyman

Journeyman Well-Known Member

A store here in my home town had these Lattanzi wholecuts in stock in both black and brown for quite a long time, and were asking $5500 for them.

I'm not sure whether anyone ended up buying them, although I was told that at least one pair had sold to a gentleman with rather outre clothing tastes.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 24, 2014
  4. mr monty

mr monty Well-Known Member

Silvano Lattanzi for Brioni

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. isshinryu101

isshinryu101 Well-Known Member

shell.

6. VRaivio

VRaivio Well-Known Member

CROM, that's a superb find on any thrift store. Be sure to treat them to Venetian Cream, the stuff that Horween espouses.

How much does Lattanzi charge for their shell pairs with Norvegese welts in the States? Close to five thousand?

7. isshinryu101

isshinryu101 Well-Known Member

As Brioni, models are $5k+. As Lattanzi, more.

8. chobochobo

chobochobo Well-Known Member

Sent these in for a bootstrap repair. The repair was done excellently, and they'd also given the shoe some antiquing. Very nice.

edit: found that they'd thrown in quite a few freebies, including new shoe bags and vibram soles/ heel pieces

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  9. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Well-Known Member

beautiful

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2017
  10. Jazzmenco

Jazzmenco Well-Known Member

I need some help from the experts. I recently acquired these beauties. The box says cordovan nero however the leather does not feel like the horween shell that I'm used to. They don't feel quite like calf either. Are there different kinds of cordovan that Lattanzi uses? The shoes have not been worn yet, only tried on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  11. ThinkDerm

this is calf. beautiful shoes!

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  12. Jazzmenco

Yes I determined the seller accidentally?? switched boxes, since nero means black duhh.

13. ThinkDerm

likely an honest mistake. beautiful shoes.

14. Jazzmenco

Thanks unfortunately a half size too big, now I have to decide keep them or move them??? I can try with insoles and thick socks, but if I move them I want to keep them new. decisions!!! [​IMG]

15. sunicole

sunicole Well-Known Member

hey gents,,, i am new to Silvano Lattanzi,,, without a local supplier, I wanna pick up one from online store.

would you please let me know S.Lattanzi uses UK sizing ( ,5-1 bigger than the # for US market)or Italian Sizing ( true to the # for US markets)?

16. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Well-Known Member

NWOB Silvano Lattanzi shell cordovan norvegese

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. ThinkDerm

Nice

18. Zapasman

Zapasman Well-Known Member

Any better pics, please?