1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Definitive MANBAG Thread Part I: 2009-2014

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by rach2jlc, Apr 26, 2009.

1. fuji

fuji Well-Known Member

I am thinking about buying a prada saffiano leather bag in either blue or red. It will probably be a fairly small one, like an attache case. What is the quality of them like and is it really that durable? I am getting it at about half retail price on sale, is that a good deal?

2. planium

planium Member

Hello, im new here. I've been wondering if the louis vuitton carryall would be a good bag for a first bag within that price range, i like it, but somehow it seems too flashy. [​IMG] Or the Raf Simmons(black) thats on sale at Corner[​IMG] I mean we dont have many places that hold men bags in my country(only lacoste,armani,boss and stuff like that xD) Im looking for a holdall/weekender for like 800euros of budget, so if anybody knows some eu sites that have a decent manbags. Thanks.

3. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Well-Known Member

I am thinking about buying a prada saffiano leather bag in either blue or red. It will probably be a fairly small one, like an attache case. What is the quality of them like and is it really that durable? I am getting it at about half retail price on sale, is that a good deal?

I would say, yes, it is definitely worth it.

Prada is often a decent bet, especially on sale. Their higher-end bags (like the saffiano cases) GENERALLY use nice leathers, good hardware (riri zippers and such), and hold up very well. I like to see my Prada items in person before purchase, because sometimes the items vary, but overall I think that it sounds like a good deal.

Hello, im new here.

I've been wondering if the louis vuitton carryall would be a good bag for a first bag within that price range, i like it, but somehow it seems too flashy.
    I mean we dont have many places that hold men bags in my country(only lacoste,armani,boss and stuff like that xD) Im looking for a holdall/weekender for like 800euros of budget, so if anybody knows some eu sites that have a decent manbags.
    Thanks.

I think that the LV monogram carryalls, with the bunch of price increases over the past 5-6 years, are so overpriced I hardly see how they are worth it. BUT, the quality is very good and they`ll hold up well, so if you like the style, go for it.

As for other bags, check out Yoox. They have a number of good duffles on there now.

4. dibadiba

dibadiba Well-Known Member

haven't used it for a while but here's the manbag I'm rocking these days (left) [​IMG]

5. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Well-Known Member

6. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Well-Known Member

7. onion

onion Well-Known Member

8. delirium

delirium Well-Known Member

Not big on the white, but I really like the design of this: http://www.yoox.com/item.asp?sec=1&Y...cessoriesmen80

I sort of want to get it to tote my laptop around with, but I don't know if I could wear that white. Oh well it's a cool bag none the less.

looks kinda awkward to me. maybe it looks different irl and while used.

9. origenesprit

origenesprit Well-Known Member

haven't used it for a while but here's the manbag I'm rocking these days (left)
    [​IMG]

What is that heavenly bag on the right?

10. Johnny Sneakers

Johnny Sneakers Well-Known Member

The brands that my local upscale store has are [​IMG] Moore&Giles -and- [​IMG] Property Of... any one heard of these? The first is $350 and the second $180, both on sale right now.

11. lechon&rice

lechon&rice Well-Known Member

3.1 Philip Lim designs a lot of good manbag styles for men. I like his recent calfskin leather totebags in moss green

12. wmmk

wmmk Well-Known Member

Not feedback, but I could use recommendations for a bag. I'd need it to carry books and stuff for high school; my current bag is 17L (12" x 20" x 6"), which seems to be a perfect size. A tote wouldn't be practical for shitty Chicago winter weather, so I'd like to find a decently stylish messenger bag or backpack. I like the styling of Filson stuff, but am interested in other suggestions. Something or the cheaper end of the spectrum would be nice.

13. dibadiba

dibadiba Well-Known Member

What is that heavenly bag on the right?

messenger bag by ConceptDiba

14. GoSurface

GoSurface Well-Known Member

3.1 Philip Lim designs a lot of good manbag styles for men. I like his recent calfskin leather totebags in moss green

The leathers are very, very nice, and they use top quality hardware. Riri zippers in all of the bags I've seen and handled in person.

15. To Sir with Love

To Sir with Love Well-Known Member

I just ordered this one from Banana Republic. On sale for $20 (regular price $60) and $15 off with my promo code:

[​IMG]

16. jaychiz

jaychiz Well-Known Member

for those of you with netbooks, what kind of bag are you carrying it in?

17. DH in DC

DH in DC Member

for those of you with netbooks, what kind of bag are you carrying it in?

I slide my netbook into this neoprene case (made by Case Logic-- about 15 bucks), which is slim enough that I can slide it into my briefcase, duffle or tote.

[​IMG]

18. robin

robin Well-Known Member

Just got my superior labor bag. Will post pictures this weekend.

19. StephenHero

StephenHero Well-Known Member

Not feedback, but I could use recommendations for a bag. I'd need it to carry books and stuff for high school; my current bag is 17L (12" x 20" x 6"), which seems to be a perfect size. A tote wouldn't be practical for shitty Chicago winter weather, so I'd like to find a decently stylish messenger bag or backpack. I like the styling of Filson stuff, but am interested in other suggestions. Something or the cheaper end of the spectrum would be nice.
    There are a couple Rugby Ralph Lauren bags on ebay with Buy It Now for a cheaper canvas bag not too far removed from Filson styling. If you're in high school this would work out well.

20. pdsf

pdsf Well-Known Member