1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The BMW 5 Series Granturismo

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by acidboy, Jan 20, 2010.

1. imageWIS

imageWIS Well-Known Member

I might like the Volvo.

+1

2. imageWIS

imageWIS Well-Known Member

It kinda ruins the GT acronym used in other car names...... Maserati GranTurismo, Nissan GT-R, etc.

It's not going to create any new BMW sales, it'll just eat into 7-series sales.

This. The 5 GT is insanely expensive.

3. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

This. The 5 GT is insanely expensive.
    I was shocked when I saw the sticker on the activehybrid 5 GT... over $90,000! [​IMG]

4. Concordia

Concordia Well-Known Member

I like the look. No idea it was so expensive, though.

5. pebblegrain

pebblegrain Well-Known Member

they should just make a liftback sedan as standard. liftback (or 5-door as it is called in UK) is so much more useful, and looks exactly the same as the sedan.

6. Roy

Roy Well-Known Member

It kinda ruins the GT acronym used in other car names...... Maserati GranTurismo, Nissan GT-R, etc.

It's not going to create any new BMW sales, it'll just eat into 7-series sales.

The weird thing is, it's based on the 7-series. NOT the 5 series, even though it's called 5 series GT.

It's also bigger and wider than the new 5-series sedan.

7. Concordia

Concordia Well-Known Member

What will be interesting is the rumored 3 series GT, which is much the same only more svelte. The new 3 sedan is now a nearly perfect size, being a possible substitute if I am ever forced to get rid of my 9-5 Saab. If the GT adds a few inches of leg and headroom to that and keeps most of the basic dimensions intact, then you'll really have something to consider.

8. Mute

Mute Well-Known Member

Get the touring wagon. That thing makes Janet Napolitano look like a beauty queen. Yes, it's ugly IRL too.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  9. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

ladies and gentlemen, the BMW Aztek

1 person likes this.
  10. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

Ugly isn't the word.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  11. GQgeek

GQgeek Well-Known Member

The first pics of the Ferrari 458 italia had a similar problem, I think. Based on initial pics I think many people were unimpressed but it's a very pretty car. Have a hard time seeing how that new BMW could have the same problem though.