1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Best Suit Ever. See It Here.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by DocHolliday, May 19, 2009.

1. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

This one. And the tailor's not dead.

[​IMG]

Cant jive with that, the dude looks like he weighs 11 pounds. Suit makes his head look like foo's.

2. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

Dear God, this is every AM:

[​IMG]

- B

How many eggs can 1 man possibly eat?

3. lasbar

lasbar Well-Known Member

I love the pocket square matching the colour of the eggs...

4. Tibor

Tibor Well-Known Member

Cant jive with that, the dude looks like he weighs 11 pounds. Suit makes his head look like foo's.

Don't be Jealous.

5. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Well-Known Member

How many eggs can 1 man possibly eat?

Chicken or sturgeon eggs?

- B

6. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

7. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

This one is such a great picture of Marcello. I may go dig that Esquire up at the library.

8. gnatty8

gnatty8 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Elegant.

I must say though, that I firmly believe if someone were to post this picture in WAYWRN, there'd be a dozen successive posts with a central theme, "would look far better if you had those trousers slimmed up IMO..." [​IMG]

9. KObalto

KObalto Well-Known Member

It has been many years, however, since I have seen a laconic toilet...those are the ones with no commode, just those footprint things on either side of a hole. Braces are useful for such a toilet since you can wrap them around a doorknob and lean back without having to precariously balance.

- B

The Greeks call them Turkish toilets. I have always assumed the Turks call them Greek toilets, sort of the reverse of their coffee labeling.

10. voxsartoria

The Greeks call them Turkish toilets. I have always assumed the Turks call them Greek toilets, sort of the reverse of their coffee labeling.

Well, such toilets are a bit spartan.

- B

11. AndrewRogers

AndrewRogers Well-Known Member

- B

I find them often vandalized.

12. lasbar

lasbar Well-Known Member

There is nothing to vandalize in such toilets...They're very minimal and easy to maintain and clean..
    They're slowly disappearing because people tend to find them rightly repulsive...

13. CatsEyes

CatsEyes Well-Known Member

14. Christofuh

Christofuh Well-Known Member

15. laphroaig

laphroaig Well-Known Member

There is nothing to vandalize in such toilets...
    It seems that joke met a Gaulish end.
    They're very minimal and easy to maintain and clean..
    So why are they always filthy?

16. lasbar

lasbar Well-Known Member

Despite being minimal ,they're actually always vandalized in some ways or another..They're disguting with the floor smeared all over the place and most of the time ,you will not set a foot in them because of the stench...
    Why? Because they tend to be unattented ,especially on motorway services, and some people are just plain stupid...
    I work for a big transport company and every time you do have delays , the toilets are vandalized by people by forcing toilet paper rolls down , breaking the toilet seat and so on..
    Human nature for you...

17. 330CK

330CK Well-Known Member

18. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

- B

I find them often vandalized.

There is nothing to vandalize in such toilets...They're very minimal and easy to maintain and clean..
    They're slowly disappearing because people tend to find them rightly repulsive...

It seems that joke met a Gaulish end.

So why are they always filthy?

Despite being minimal ,they're actually always vandalized in some ways or another..They're disguting with the floor smeared all over the place and most of the time ,you will not set a foot in them because of the stench...
    Why? Because they tend to be unattented ,especially on motorway services, and some people are just plain stupid...
    I work for a big transport company and every time you do have delays , the toilets are vandalized by people by forcing toilet paper rolls down , breaking the toilet seat and so on..
    Human nature for you...

How did a thread about suits get here?

Oh, fuck it, what the hell... the only time in my life I have ever seen one of these was in Paris, at a train station, and unfortunately I was in desperate straits and needed to actually use it. It was an odd experience. Reminded me of that scene in the original Star Wars at the very end when Luke needed to shoot that torpedo into that small opening which destroyed the Death Star.

19. eg1

eg1 Well-Known Member

Vox: I am curious, what about that skirt suit is appealing to you? (if that is you in the pic)

That's a good question. I don't dress that way at home, but when I visit the big city, I just find an eyepatch and a long, tight skirt both comfortable and practical.

Comfort? Stereoscopic vision in Manhattan is overrated. The city's charm snap into sharp relief in 2D.

Practicality? NYC public restrooms (some featured in WAYWRN) can be rather vile. I cannot overstate the advantage of being able to hike up and then hover after a big meal at Le Bernardin...with the new electronic activation technology, a completely touchless experience is possible.

For the latter to work, however, leave your tie-back Brooks Brothers boxers at home.

Note: this post written during martini #1, but before the steak and eggs (chicken) arrive.

- B

dv3, that is not vox -- he is, so to speak, taking the piss.

- B

Why are you repeating yourself? You don't think they got "laconic"?

20. voxsartoria

Why are you repeating yourself? You don't think they got "laconic"?

Men of few words require few laws.

- B