1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Bad Taste Offs

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by itsstillmatt, Nov 30, 2009.

1. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Well-Known Member

Here are your challengers. They were the worst of the best, and now it is time to see who is the worst of the worst:

kitonbrioni 151
    Mr. Moo 136
    SoCal2NYC 99
    NewYorkRanger 71
    SkinnyGoomba 51
    Connemara 50
    PandArts 49
    Holdfast 47
    mafoofan 43
    Neofinitia 40

Poal is public.

2. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

I voted based on average taste displayed rather than occasional epic failures (in which case Moo would get the vote)

3. mafoofan

mafoofan Well-Known Member

I voted based on average taste displayed rather than occasional epic failures (in which case Moo would get the vote)

Choosing between the average worst and the worst worst really does pose quite the conundrum, doesn't it? However, I checked Moo's most recent outfit and it swung the balance for me.

[​IMG]

Moo, taste aside, none of your jackets fit well. It's pretty indicative that you look much less top-heavy in your casual clothes. Can you please see Chan or something?

4. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Well-Known Member

Choosing between the average worst and the worst worst really does pose quite the conundrum, doesn't it? However, I checked Moo's most recent outfit and it swung the balance for me. [​IMG] Moo, taste aside, none of your jackets fit. Can you please see Chan or something?
    Oh yes, what a terrible thing to wear to a cemetery. [​IMG] And regarding fit... it fits fine. It's not perfect. It's not bespoke or MTM. It's not to your standard. Get over it.

5. mafoofan

Oh yes, what a terrible thing to wear to a cemetery. [​IMG]

I don't see how the fact you were visiting a cemetary justifies it. The call for sombriety doesn't necessitate wearing multiple shades of grey or a confusion of textures and patterns.

And regarding fit... it fits fine. It's not perfect. It's not bespoke or MTM. It's not to your standard. Get over it.

It's bad. Hence, I won't get over it.

6. Mr. Moo

I don't see how the fact you were visiting a cemetary justifies it. The call for sombriety doesn't necessitate wearing multiple shades of grey or a confusion of textures and patterns.

It's bad. Hence, I won't get over it.

I wore what I wore. You don't like it? Oh well. Vote for me. What can I tell you?

7. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Well-Known Member

8. Bellum

Bellum Well-Known Member

Choosing between the average worst and the worst worst really does pose quite the conundrum, doesn't it? However, I checked Moo's most recent outfit and it swung the balance for me.

[​IMG]

Moo, taste aside, none of your jackets fit well. It's pretty indicative that you look much less top-heavy in your casual clothes. Can you please see Chan or something?

[​IMG]

9. Douglas

Douglas Well-Known Member

I want to like and respect you, and I understand that Moo is a fun kicking-post, but god you're an insufferable dick sometimes.

1 person likes this.
  10. Mr. Moo

I want to like and respect you, and I understand that Moo is a fun kicking-post, but god you're an insufferable dick sometimes.

I've said it a hundred times: Foo is a short little guy with a bad Napoleon Complex who isn't anything like this in real life to people he barely/doesn't know.

11. Mr. Moo

12. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

I can't vote.

[​IMG]

- B

Hi Noel !

[​IMG]

13. philosophe

philosophe Well-Known Member

Picking just one was difficult.

14. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Well-Known Member

Voted for myself...at least then me and IamMatt can agree on something.[​IMG]

15. mafoofan

If he were just a fun kicking post, I'd be sympathetic--in fact, I'd probably stick up for him. However, he's not nearly so passive or innocent as that.

I've said it a hundred times: Foo is a short little guy with a bad Napoleon Complex who isn't anything like this in real life to people he barely/doesn't know.

You don't like that I'm short or that I criticize your clothes on a clothing forum, but I'm the one with a complex?

16. mafoofan

Voted for myself...at least then me and IamMatt can agree on something.[​IMG]

Oy. You're not allowed to be gracious! Jeezus, now I feel bad about voting for Moo.

17. Mr. Moo

If he were just a fun kicking post, I'd be sympathetic--in fact, I'd probably stick up for him. However, he's not nearly so passive or innocent as that.

You don't like that I'm short or that I criticize your clothes on a clothing forum, but I'm the one with a complex?

Foo, you are the instigator in every one of our chats. You always talk shit about my clothes (I don't care how you put it - you're talking shit and you and I both know you wouldn't say shit in "real life"), and I always come back with "I can alter the jacket but you can't alter your height." I'm really good at just plodding away, so as long as you bring the hate, I'll bring the lulz.

18. Crane's

Crane's Well-Known Member

Oh no you guys have it all wrong. I'm the undisputed master of style run amuck. Who else in their right mind would wear a dark charcoal suit with no belt, an Under Armor Cold Gear long sleeve pullover shirt and dirty nasty shit kicker Ariat roper boots in public?

[​IMG]

19. edmorel

edmorel Well-Known Member

there is bad taste and there is bad fit, we should be clear what we are voting on. This will come as a shock but, recently, I do not think Moo's taste has been bad, but his fit has (I have not seen his cemetery outfit). KB is another one where it is more the fit than the taste, exotic skin shoes not withstanding. For me, if I were to vote, which I am not, I would look at it from the perspective of who on the list has the least amount, if any, of clothing that I would wear. There are others not on this list that would get my vote before any of those on it.

20. George

George Well-Known Member