1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Avengers (05.04.2012)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by willy cheesesteak, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Johdus Fanfoozal

Johdus Fanfoozal Well-Known Member

Hawkeye is such a weak character. I mean he was the leader of the West Coast Avengers for chrissakes. That was suck city in every aspect.

2. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Well-Known Member

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Didn't even mind the lens flares.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  3. Fang66

Fang66 Well-Known Member

Now I know you are trolling.

4. deadly7

deadly7 Well-Known Member

Wasn't Crisis a JL story not Avengers? I know they had a 7-on-7 fight with all their common foes, and it was pretty much the best part of the entire animated JL series and comics..

5. Jr Mouse

I didn't mind them. Never said they were great. Just that I think they were not that big of a deal even if they could have been toned down some. Lens flares are to STAR TREK, what Batman's voice was to TDK. A trivial thing that internet fanboys, wanting to look cool, like to use to discredit what is otherwise a fantastic and loved film.

6. Fang66

Fang66 Well-Known Member

Also the baddies in Crisis on Two Earths weren't really evil they were alternate versions who made different choices and their life paths were altered by a slightly different reality which had them become Republicans rather than Democrats. Wait hang on yes I guess they were evil.

7. Fang66

Fang66 Well-Known Member

What's wrong with Batman's voice?

8. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

He had laryngitis in TDK when he wore the suit.

9. Jr Mouse

This is how I see it. STAR TREK should have sucked. It's a reboot of one of the most classic franchises in Sci-Fi. Cast with a bunch of young actors replacing icons. No way it should have been a good film. So when someone says they liked the movie except for the lens flares, my reaction is GOOD. If that's your only complaint then it's a solid win for the film.

A lot of people hate on Batman's voice and it's very much the same thing. How many complete failures have we seen with comicbook films over the years? TDK was fucking amazing on its own, let alone stacked up against previous comicbook films. Who gives a fuck how his voice sounded?

10. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Well-Known Member

Fine, here's a legit Star Trek complaint for you: it needed more alien boobs.

11. Jr Mouse

All films need that.

12. Fang66

Fang66 Well-Known Member

I just thought it was typical Batman disguising his voice, never felt it was too laryngitisy.

13. deadly7

deadly7 Well-Known Member

I'm mixing up my plot lines.

"Injustice For All" is what I'm thinking of: Exposed as a criminal, sentenced to prison, and terminally ill due to long term kryptonite exposure, Lex Luthor escapes and assembles a supervillain team consisting of Cheetah, The Shade, Solomon Grundy, Star Sapphire, Copperhead, and Ultra-Humanite to take on the Justice League, calling themselves the Injustice Gang. The Joker also becomes part of the team, but on his own choice. However, even with their combined power, this gang proves no match for Batman's wiles.

"Crisis on Two Earths" was when the JLU team was sent to a parallel earth where that realm's JLU was the sole arbiter of lawful/unlawful and ruled with an iron fist.

Neither of which were Avengers plot lines though.

14. Jr Mouse

That was my thoughts too. He would need to change it and I didn't mind the tone chosen that much.

15. Jr Mouse

That was a great JLU episode.

16. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

His voice was perfectly fine in Batman Begins but it definitely got worse in TDK. He changed his voice and BB also and should have kept that voice instead. I think TDK is the best and probably the most perfect comic book film to date but even I can say that that voice could have been way better.

17. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Well-Known Member

I liked when Morgan Freeman used a bunch of mobile phones as sonar.

18. Fang66

Fang66 Well-Known Member

I never said Star Trek sucked I enjoyed it good boys own style escapist adventure movie. I said it was merely good, wasn’t really a Star Trek movie and contained some sucky things(didn't list them all). Lens flare was the least of those sucky things.

I also didn't say TDK sucked I said it was overrated. It was merely a reasonable comic book movie with a completely overrated villain and a ludicrous and way overrated performance by Ledger. What was up with his makeup as well? Was he supposed to be a middle aged drunk whore? Also just because it was better than the first set of fucking terrible Batman movies doesn’t make it fantastic.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  19. Jr Mouse

And I never said that you said either of those films sucked. My point was showing how the lens flares and Batman's voice are minor issues that become grossly exaggerated by the internet fanboy echo-chamber. As I said, I didn't mind the lens flares yet it's one of those "issues" you hear over and over again online as if it was a big f****** deal. In realitys and in context of what the film was, they are not.

20. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Fanboys over-reacting, what else is new?

1 person likes this.