1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by yfyf, Oct 18, 2010.

1. JeffArmoury

JeffArmoury Well-Known Member

Sorry for the delay on this guys. Here are a few pictures of our Spring/Summer Tebas.

A few things - most of the styles are in a wool/linen blend and are nice and light. The plain navy is actually Mohair that's a bit stretchy while still maintaining the characteristic rigidity and shine of Mohair. This year they kept the details pretty much the same except for a front dart to give the waist a bit more shape.

They retail for $695 and aren't online yet (hope to have them next week), but feel free to reach out to us at nyc@thearmoury.com (for US orders) or info@thearmoury.com (for INTL orders) if you're interested.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. JeffArmoury

3. archetypal_yuppie

archetypal_yuppie Well-Known Member

Do you have pictures of people wearing these Tebas anywhere?

4. JeffArmoury

Here's a few pictures from last fall to give you an idea of how they're worn.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. EvanM

EvanM Well-Known Member

Just wanted to chime in and thank Bailey from the NYC Armoury crew for the excellent assistance and experience.
    I wanted to buy a Ring Jacket suit but wasn't sure about sizing as some people suggest sizing up due to the slim fit.
    I fired off an e-mail and compared measurements/fit to an existing suit of mine... I wasn't sure about how the shoulders would fit, but Bailey suggested going TTS for the suit.

Well, I received the suit and was really thrilled with the fit - it was pretty much spot on, and the tailor even though it was a custom-made suit because of how well it fit. In the end, we settled on finishing the sleeves and slightly shortening them - the fit in the body and shoulders were otherwise perfect.

Thanks again for the assistance Bailey!

Fit pic attached, and excuse the lack of tie.

[​IMG]

6. hanbei23

hanbei23 Well-Known Member

Anyone have experience in sizing for the Armoury X Ascot Chang Polos?

---How much to they shrink?
    ---What is the fit like (slim, regular?)
    ---Are the tails long enough to be tucked in?

7. JeffArmoury

Hey Hanbei,

If you wash and hang dry, they will shrink very minimally, maybe 2%. If you wash and dry they will shrink about as much as any woven shirt, about 4%. We suggest taking your normal size.

The fit is slim with high armholes and the tails are quite a bit longer than most polos on the market today, as they were specifically made to be tucked in.

Hope that helps.

Jeff

8. JeffArmoury

[​IMG]

Also, this Saturday, July 26th Huw Griffiths-Jones will be visiting the New York shop to assist clients with made-to-order umbrellas and walking sticks (if you roll like that).

The options are quite extensive with a variety of woods, canopy colors, finishing details, and monogramming options.

You can email us at nyc (at) thearmoury (dot) com, PM me, or call us at 646.613.7613 for appointments.

9. PCK1

PCK1 Well-Known Member

I cannot make it...can an order be made in the store outside of the trunk show?

10. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Well-Known Member

would love to hear the umbrella options here

1 person likes this.
  11. PCK1

PCK1 Well-Known Member

seconded...

also...are shorter travel size umbrellas available for MTO?

12. mrbrioni

mrbrioni Well-Known Member

likewise......would love to place an order as well.

13. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Well-Known Member

Can you please provide measurements for the size 50 Teba? Shoulder, chest, sleeve, and length if possible. Thanks.

14. hanbei23

hanbei23 Well-Known Member

Yes, Teba measurements would be helpful. Also, a few additional questions related to Tebas:

--Any plans for winter/autumn Tebas?
    --I realize the mohair Teba is meant for spring/summer. However, how warm is mohair? Will it hold warmth for autumn? Or is is just too light?

15. leapyourbar

leapyourbar Active Member

I will be in NYC August 29-September 2 and this will be one of my first stops! Those Carmina wholecut double monks are calling my name.

1 person likes this.
  16. JeffArmoury

Hey PCK, absolutely, you just won't get to see the options in person, but we have a catalog that we can always shoot you pictures of if that helps. Just let me know!

Jeff

17. JeffArmoury

Also, for those interested in Fox MTO, you can take a look at the catalog here.

This will break down most of the color, canopy, and wood options available. Huw mentioned he may bring a few new styles, colors, etc which I'll try and take a few pictures of.

Also, keep in mind there are monogramming options and always the capability to suggest a tweak to a design (whether that be dimensions of the umbrella or anything else). Overall, it's a pretty awesome way to get the exact umbrella that you want.

I particularly like the brown finish animal heads.

Jeff

1 person likes this.
  18. JeffArmoury

Hey Hanbei,

Yep, we always do a winter and summer version of the Teba so expect those to drop later this year. The Mohair version is 100% mohair so it's quite dry and rigid. That being said, it's the heaviest of the bunch and the weave isn't super open so I think that you could definitely get away with it in the Autumn.

Hope this helps.

Jeff

19. JeffArmoury

Teba Size 50 Measurements in inches.

Shoulder (point to point): 18.5
    Chest (pit to pit): 22
    Sleeve Length: 25.25
    Overall Length: 30

Jeff

20. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Well-Known Member

Perfect. That sounds like the right size for me as a US 40.