1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Apple Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by ChetB, Sep 10, 2013.

1. hopkins_student

hopkins_student Well-Known Member

I'm sure I'm going to regret saying this but I haven't noticed the jet black being particularly scratch prone and I'm going completely caseless and have dropped it a few times.

2. ace13x

ace13x Well-Known Member

How does their version of this one [​IMG]look like?

3. the shah

the shah Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  4. ace13x

ace13x Well-Known Member

Astonishing level of attention to detail.

2 people like this.
  5. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Well-Known Member

6. ace13x

ace13x Well-Known Member

So I have a question concerning my iPhone 7. If I make a call where I need to let it ring A LOT, it drops the call. By a lot I mean like over a couple of dozen rings. Its not a reception issue as far as I can tell; I think it has something to do with the phone thinking it was mistakenly dialed. Or maybe its the carrier (Verizon). It didn't happen with my iPhone 6, or my iPhone 4 (same carrier).

I'd really like to avoid having to go to the Apple Store (ridiculous wait), or Verizon (idiots). Anyone have this happen or have a solution?

7. GreenFrog

There's a known issue with the iPhone 7 and Verizon where it spontaneously drops from LTE to 3G. May be related to that.

8. ramuman

ramuman Well-Known Member

Exchanged the black case for saddle brown. As Eminem would say, I'm still standing here screaming fuck the free world with some swag juice.

It's tasteful and cool - really like it and it's the only thing in my life with a bit of flair that isn't gray, white or black. Good call on the GF and Jr's part.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
    2 people like this.
  9. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Well-Known Member

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    All review sites should immediately revise their Note 7 reviews. It's not a good phone. It's not good hardware. It catches fire. It's dangerous and has potential to be deadly.

It's irresponsible for sites like the Verge to leave up reviews scores of 9.3 for this toxic phone.

***Samsung knew a third replacement Note 7 caught fire on Tuesday and said nothing - The Verge

http://www.theverge.com/2016/10/9/13215728/samsung-galaxy-note-7-third-fire-smoke-inhalation

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  10. GreenFrog

Jesus, what a disaster. This will make it into business school case studies on what not to do.

1 person likes this.
  11. jcman311

jcman311 Well-Known Member

F samsung phones. They tried to hush the guy? I hope there is a class action for this. Everyone gets their money back plus cost for new phones.

12. GreenFrog

I'm surprised there isn't one already.

13. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Well-Known Member

I was thinking about that this morning. I took a crisis management course and how this played out was just awful.

14. GreenFrog

In an effort to beat out the iPhone 7, they rushed the Note 7. They were met with failure.

In an effort to beat out their failure, they decided to utilize the same, tried and true strategy of rushing out a replacement Note 7.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. ethanm

ethanm Well-Known Member

Let's not forget that they also put out a washing machine that explodes.

1 person likes this.
  16. ramuman

ftfy

17. ramuman

1 person likes this.
  18. GreenFrog

Samsung has temporarily halted production of all Galaxy Note 7s.

19. NaTionS

NaTionS Well-Known Member

I had my 7 plus bug out on me twice today. Once where after I took a photo the phone was stuck in the camera app and couldn't exit for about 10 minutes. All the functions within the camera app worked fine but pressing the home button wouldn't exit and even holding the power button wouldn't shut down.

Another time all my group texts created another copy of itself with my own phone number inserted into it so whenever I sent anything I get a notification of my own text.