1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Apple Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by ChetB, Sep 10, 2013.

1. the shah

the shah Well-Known Member

what's going on ? trump hand syndrome or something else ?

i'm hoping i'll enjoy the big real estate since it's not my daily but just work phone, so can use it to read books too ? backorder shows ship date in november though :confused:

2. AloysiusSF

AloysiusSF Well-Known Member

I made the jump to the 7 plus (from a 6).... mixed feelings but overall think it's worth it - some thoughts:

1. One-Hand Useability - think I have average sized hands for a 6' tall guy - the test for me is when I'm walking around running errands or taking out the dog - I can't really type with one hand, but can navigate through/open apps and read stuff, or control podcast/music settings - verdict: if i were in a walking city like NY, I don't think the 7 plus is portable enough for daily use. In LA though where I have to drive a lot, it's not ideal but fine for my daily - i also suspect i'll get used to this and not think twice soon enough....

2. Increased Real Estate - simply put, it's awesome and can't believe how much more enjoyment I get from the device due to this - you could read books on it for sure

3. Battery Life - I can get through one day with average use - end of the day I'm at ~10% batt life or so - I wouldn't say this is fantastic - if I had a heavy use day doubt I'd make it through the day

4. Camera - I've read reviews saying it's not all that much better than the 6 plus - coming from a 6 though, the improvement is pretty noticeable - psyched for the bokeh software to go public

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  3. NaTionS

NaTionS Well-Known Member

I've got long fingers so typing one handed is not a problem.

Just waiting for Power Support to come out with an Air Jacket case for it.

4. the shah

the shah Well-Known Member

Swype (better on android) or Gboard make it really easy for one handed even for little frogs [​IMG]

Also coming from 6 so glad to hear camera will be nicer

5. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Well-Known Member

I use my phone one handed a lot and the plus is just too wide for that. I'm 6'1" and have pretty big hands / long fingers and it's still a pain. I end up having to adjust my grip and phone positioning too much.

I also don't take many pictures so the dual cameras, while nice, aren't as big of a sticking point for me.

I know I'll miss the battery life and higher resolution, but that's about it.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  6. GreenFrog

Downloaded the 10.1 public beta for dat bokeh. So far it's meh for me. I don't need this.

7. ethanm

ethanm Well-Known Member

Getting bokeh with a real camera is more satisfying anyway.

8. NaTionS

NaTionS Well-Known Member

Pressing the home button when the phone is laying on a desk is terrible.

9. GreenFrog

Agree ^.

Now I'm flip-flopping on just keeping my 6S. I think I may end up doing that. There's nothing on the 7 that is a must-have for me, esp coming from a 6S. Only issue on the 6S I have is the atrocious battery life.

--

In other news, here are some awesome BT buds that are very high quality for the price:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GNYFT8E/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I just got them delivered and I'm very impressed at the sound quality.. like blown away. I couldn't recommend these more.

10. GreenFrog

I think I'd miss the new Taptic Engine and how apps can tap into its API for special vibrations (e.g, how it pulsates when you're spinning through a picker view like the timer in the clock app).

That and the home button, though I think they could make a fourth option that vibrates even harder. I've been on 3 now and it feels like it's weaker and weaker the more I use the phone. There needs to be a very hard vibration option.

11. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

i can see why you would want this

2 people like this.
  12. GreenFrog

Cause I like to fist my cock hole with the 7 plus?

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. ethanm

ethanm Well-Known Member

That escalated quickly.

2 people like this.
  14. sonick

sonick Well-Known Member

Let's all be mature adults here.

15. GreenFrog

Says the guy with a gif avatar of anime sex!

16. ethanm

ethanm Well-Known Member

Also see sig lol

4 people like this.
  17. omgitswes

omgitswes Well-Known Member

I'm really tempted to get the watch, only thing that makes me hesitant is spending close to 600 on a watch and having it become obsolete a couple years later. That is what has held me back from getting any smart watch

18. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Well-Known Member

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Anyone have experience with Apple's leather iPhone cases? I already asked Greenfrog about it and was wondering if anyone else has used them. I really like the look of the saddle brown case and have read it fits the phone like a glove. What I would like to know is the quality of the leather as Apple is not very transparent with the grade they use.

19. ChetB

ChetB Well-Known Member

I use the leather case. Feels like plastic almost when you first start using it but breaks in a little over time.

Used to have slits for the buttons to stick through, but they added plastic button covers on the 7 case. They also added the apple logo to the back, used to be plain.

Don't expect to be blown away, but it fits well and has a low profile.