1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Amazing Spider-Man (07/03/2012)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Jan 20, 2011.

1. DrMoBueno

DrMoBueno Well-Known Member

You mean Flash Thompson from Raimi's first Spider-Man movie might be Superman?

If true, we've had our crossover, and Spider-Man kicked his ass.

2. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Well-Known Member

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    They need to release some more promotional shots soon. These "leaked" (want to bet it's a viral campaign?) shots are not doing the film any justice.

4. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

Does anybody actually read these fucking comics? He's a teenage boy who's grandma sewed (or he sewed depending on the series) his own fucking costume. How hard is that to replicate?

5. deadly7

deadly7 Well-Known Member

Does anybody actually read these fucking comics? He's a teenage boy who's grandma sewed (or he sewed depending on the series) his own fucking costume. How hard is that to replicate?

IIRC Spiderman 1 had a scene where Tobey was actually seen drawing and cutting his costume...

6. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

You mean Aunt May? I'm not the biggest Spider Man fan but I don't think she made his suit. He constantly see Spider Man saving people on television or the newspaper, I think she would have made the connection on who Spider Man is if she made his suit.

7. FozzyBadfeet

FozzyBadfeet Member

You mean Aunt May? I'm not the biggest Spider Man fan but I don't think she made his suit. He constantly see Spider Man saving people on television or the newspaper, I think she would have made the connection on who Spider Man is if she made his suit.

Agreed. She doesn't know Peter is Spider-man.

Btw, I didn't know you were in this forum too RFX...I follow the NT "Dressing Better" thread. [​IMG]

8. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

IIRC Spiderman 1 had a scene where Tobey was actually seen drawing and cutting his costume...
    Don't remember that but you're probably right. Still, that thing definitely did not look homemade.
    Agreed. She doesn't know Peter is Spider-man. Btw, I didn't know you were in this forum too RFX...I follow the NT "Dressing Better" thread. [​IMG]
    I meant Aunt, yeah, but in a few of the versions of SM she does know.

9. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Don't remember that but you're probably right. Still, that thing definitely did not look homemade.

There was a montage where he was sketching some designs so he did make it himself.

I meant Aunt, yeah, but in a few of the versions of SM she does know.
    For "continuity" purposes we'll just assume she doesn't know. There are too many elseworld, alternate universe, other versions to consider that you can pretty much say anything about the character so let's stay with the basics. I mean there is even a Spider Man manga where he clings to the walls with the claws on his palm.
    [​IMG]

10. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

There was a montage where he was sketching some designs so he did make it himself.
    I know, but it doesn't look like a high school teenager sewed it up in his bedroom. It looks like a professional put it together.

11. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

I know, but it doesn't look like a high school teenager sewed it up in his bedroom. It looks like a professional put it together.

Yah the whole suit was farfetch but he is "smart". Plus his first attempt was that pajama spider suit so give it a pass.

12. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

Just talkin. This costume looks infinitely worse than the ones from the Raimi movies.

13. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Just talkin. This costume looks infinitely worse than the ones from the Raimi movies.

I can agree with you there, I actually like Tobeys costume.
    [​IMG]

14. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

We're led to believe he sewed that?

15. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Well-Known Member

If you remember earlier in the film, he wore a pretty shitty costume against Bonesaw. The death of his uncle must have sparked his inner sartor.

16. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

If you remember earlier in the film, he wore a pretty shitty costume against Bonesaw. The death of his uncle must have sparked his inner sartor.
    Yeah, he got visited by the spirit of Ambrosi in his dreams.

17. embowafa

embowafa Well-Known Member

Aren't we also led to believe he was bitten by a radioactive spider and got super powers from it?

As far as suspension of disbelief is concerned, I'm pretty ok with the whole suit thing.

18. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Well-Known Member

He must have gotten Jacob Kozinn to do it.

19. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

I wonder how un-enjoyable the movie experience is if you analyze every single thing. Rambo, are you also one of those guys who keep yelling in the theaters, "Don't open the door! The killer is the butler! Oh you know he gonna die!"

20. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

I wonder how un-enjoyable the movie experience is if you analyze every single thing. Rambo, are you also one of those guys who keep yelling in the theaters, "Don't open the door! The killer is the butler! Oh you know he gonna die!"
    No, its my baby momma who does that. I shoot at the screen with my 9.