• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Amazing Spider-Man (07/03/2012)

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What's the hate with Maguire? I thought he played a better Spiderman and he's a hell of an actor outside of Spiderman.
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

hater's gunna hate

Couldn't sit through the whole clip, just awful.

Last edited:

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This movie looks mildly entertaining...

In a dumb kind of way.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Spiderman 2 was great. As was Toby in the role.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
speaking of sam raimi, here's what the storyline for sm4 was supposed to be allegedly

The studio is obviously upset about losing such a huge tent pole, and yet script issues with Raimi had them nervous about the project anyway. After three different writers, the Spider-Man 4 script was still a schizophrenic mess, and according to a knowledgeable production insider, the Spider-Man story line championed by Raimi “threatened to torpedo the whole franchise.”

Condensed, it went something like this: Peter Parker gets over MJ, finds a new girl, falls in love. But: Peter also discovers her father is actually the Vulture, a naughty green guy with wings to be played by John Malkovich. Peter is torn between the love of his new lady and taking down the Vulture. Being a Spandex tight-ass, he decides to take down the Vulture, and kills him. This patricide goes down poorly with Peter’s new fiancée, and she rejects him. Despondent, Peter decides to abandon his superpowers, and Movie No. 4 ends with Peter Parker throwing away his Spider-Man mask, and audiences wondering if they are watching Superman II.

considering that, I suppose the reboot was a good idea.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Saw it yesterday. Great cast, terrific web slinging, but let down by a script that relied too heavily on contrivances and corn.

That said, I liked this version of the Spidey universe better than Raimi's. Never warmed to Toby, but thought Garfield delivered. Loved the mechanical web shooters. Liked how the costume seemed so thin.

This reminded me of my beloved Superman II, in that the stuff I liked was sufficiently cool to warrant overlooking the surrounding stupidity.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I was entertained. I still cannot fathom why they can't read a comic and realize Peter is a smart ass nerd and get someone who can do sarcasm! Garfield was a bit morose in certain spots and all the lip quivering was a bit much. Emma Stone is so much better than Kiersten Dunst that its not even fair to compare them.

Huh? :puzzled:

I have not seen the movie yet, but you see sarcasm in the trailers and has been talked about as something they wanted to include this go around. It was one of the few things that had fans excited. Are you saying they cut all this out of the film before it was released? I am fairly sure that I have seen it talked about as being in the film in reviews.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

This reminded me of my beloved Superman II, in that the stuff I liked was sufficiently cool to warrant overlooking the surrounding stupidity.

Here you go RFX. This is a very good way of summing up my feelings towards it. Nicely put Doc.

Huh? :puzzled:
I have not seen the movie yet, but you see sarcasm in the trailers and has been talked about as something they wanted to include this go around. It was one of the few things that had fans excited. Are you saying they cut all this out of the film before it was released? I am fairly sure that I have seen it talked about as being in the film in reviews.

Hmmm. I'm going to go with quippy rather than sarcastic or smartass. Combined with the general lip quiveriness and it takes away from the whole angsty genius smartass profile that I'd so love them to capture.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Hmmm. I'm going to go with quippy rather than sarcastic or smartass. Combined with the general lip quiveriness and it takes away from the whole angsty genius smartass profile that I'd so love them to capture.

I think that is taking fan-boy nitpicking to another level and that's coming from me...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads