1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Amazing Spider-Man (07/03/2012)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Well-Known Member

Am I wrong, but didn't Spider-man become Spider-man in college and not in HS??
    Nope. That was sort of the whole point of Spider Man, actually. He wasn't a "man" at all, he was just a nerdy kid. (like his readers)

2. Jumbie

Jumbie Well-Known Member

So Marvel got bought by Disney and turns out Disney is cheap. Maguire was set to make $50m on SM4 & SM5 so they said "lets reboot the franchise and hire new actors so we save money, lower the budget, movie makes big money anyways and we make get more profit! YAY!" So a completely new Spider-Man is in the works brining him back and mainly focusing on him being in high school. No more snuggle tooth MJ, instead we get Gwen Stacy played by Emma Stone.
    Can't stand the whiney little bitch so this is nothing but a plus to me.

3. intent

intent Well-Known Member

Mark Zuckerberg, right?
    I quickly threw this together: [​IMG]

4. scarphe

scarphe Well-Known Member

Am I wrong, but didn't Spider-man become Spider-man in college and not in HS??

[​IMG]

5. Slopho

Slopho Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

What?? Why?? Two of his most important enemies are Doc Oct and the Lizard (Doctor Connors) who were both at his college. Unless you're going by the most recent movie series.

Edit: I just did some research, he WAS in Highschool. Boy that's stupid.

6. Tokyo Slim

What?? Why?? Two of his most important enemies are Doc Oct and the Lizard (Doctor Connors) who were both at his college.
    Pretty sure neither the origin of Doctor Octopus nor The Lizard has anything to do with Peter Parker's (future) college. [​IMG] God damn nerds!

7. Slopho

Slopho Well-Known Member

Pretty sure the origin of Doctor Octopus has nothing to do with Peter Parker's (future) college. He certainly wasn't there when Peter was, either teaching or lecturing, as by that time he was already a well known super-criminal.

[​IMG]

God damn nerds!

Really? I always thought that Doctor Octopus was a professor of PP or he was some kind of mentor to him.

8. javyn

javyn Well-Known Member

Other than the $$$$$, I dont see the need for ANOTHER take on Spiderman. The first one is, what, 10 years old? And mechanical web shooters?? It may be more true to the comic but it doesn't make it any cooler than natural web. Just my 2 cents, from a non-comic book guy.
    Agreed. This shit looks gayer than when gay came to Gaytown. And since it's going to be more true to the comic, that means its almost guaranteed to suck.

9. Tokyo Slim

Really? I always thought that Doctor Octopus was a professor of PP or he was some kind of mentor to him.
    No, the two movies decided to make everything super convenient. See my edit. Unless universities have a habit of hiring well known super villains and psychopaths as professors... Both characters were around well before Peter Parker ever went to college.

10. L.R.

L.R. Well-Known Member

The High School thing is ok too. Spiderman is one of those comic book characters that actually do age.... just at an incredibly slow rate. High school took real life years, college and what not another 30... he's married and what not now. (Or well...he was. Time-line between him and MJ was reset a few years back, so I gave up on Marvel BS)

11. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Run Spidey, Run!
    [​IMG]

12. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Well-Known Member

They should film it in NYC instead of LA trying to pass it off as NYC.

13. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Snowstorm would have probably just delayed the movie but I do agree.

Ugh, web shooters I like but web shooters I don't want to see.

14. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

Run Spidey, Run!
    [​IMG]

Please tell me that's not real. Please dear god, please.

15. embowafa

embowafa Well-Known Member

I didn't think it was so bad until I looked up Toby's suit... [​IMG] New one is: [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. mussel

mussel Well-Known Member

They should film it in NYC instead of LA trying to pass it off as NYC.

+1000. One of the reasons Superman reboot was such an epic fail was to shoot in Sydney and pass it off as NYC aka Metropolis.

17. Dr Huh?

Dr Huh? Well-Known Member

From what I've read, there's a good chance it's just the stunt costume, which supposedly lacks the detail of the finished costume. So the eyes won't look red, the metal foot things won't be visible, the web pattern will be stronger, and the costume not as bright or shiny.

18. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Well-Known Member

But it will still have the stupid stripes and extraneous details. [​IMG]

I've also read suggestions that the silver ballet flats are really part of the costume.

19. Don Carlos

Don Carlos Well-Known Member

+1000. One of the reasons Superman reboot was such an epic fail was to shoot in Sydney and pass it off as NYC aka Metropolis.
    I can comment on this, actually. Shooting in the real NYC, on a large scale movie, is basically impossible. Asking for permits to shut down major sections of NYC (especially the more noticeable and iconic sections) is absurdly expensive and logistically maddening. And you can't control any elements of the background in a city that densely populated. You might literally spend tens of millions of dollars on a single day's shoot, and bear in mind that a day's shoot usually covers between one and three scenes at most. Tom Cruise bought out Times Square for that one scene in Vanilla Sky, and I think it added well north of $10 million to the production costs of his movie. Now imagine shooting an entire Spiderman movie there, with giant action sequences and what have you. We'd be looking at a $300 to $400 million movie these days. Plus, there are legitimately decent alternatives to NYC that don't sacrifice too much look and feel. The Dark Knight was shot in Chicago, for instance, and I think it turned out just fine.

20. intent

intent Well-Known Member

Can't you blue screen that shit in this day and age? FFS they transferred someone's face for an entire movie in The Social Network!