1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mdubs, Feb 28, 2014.

1. zennypoo

zennypoo Well-Known Member

Contemplating a few strand cordovan MTOs.

Do you guys think Allison will modified an existing order from a retail store with MTO details?

2. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

ZP, Allison can do MTO Strands in Black, Brown, or Burgundy Shell Cordovan. The nice thing is you can get the most flexibility with a Shell MTO since it's at their high price point. At least that's my interpretation of the newer rules.

Not sure what you mean by an existing order from a store.

-M

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  3. zennypoo

Thanks for the reply Mike. I ordered a pair of burgundy strand and pair of brown strand (both shell) through my local AE retail store, mostly to "pay back" the CS person as he was tremendously helpful to me in the past. So the question is if I could modify those orders, since by default shell strands come with single JR sole and non-Indy lining.

Dan

4. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if you can modify that and not get hit with the fee. Since the order was placed through the store, it would probably get modified to an MTO through the store and I don't think they could honor the SF special offer. I am not speaking from experience, just a hunch.

5. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

I would give it a shot. Worth a shot! But like Tif says, don't know. You are treading on new grounds. I have found them to be slightly more tolerant on shell MTOs due to their cost. Also, it may depend upon timing too. If they are halfway through production and have soles attached, pretty sure that would change their decision.

-M

6. zennypoo

Just heard from Allison. As expected, she can not modify an existing order- it would need to be canceled and re-ordered through her for the changes. Will post picture of the strand on the other thread as they are not really MTO :(

7. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

LoL. Technically they are MTO. All AE shell is now MTO to my knowledge. You just didn't use the SF MTO program. I wouldn't mind seeing them over here, don't think I have ever seen a Burgundy Shell Strand.

8. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

I'm surprised OP didn't get hit with the Custom shoe fee for the burgundy strands. They are not an option on the site. Nice work!

9. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

Some stores will waive it...

-Mike

10. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

Invoice recieved... My Brown Shell Strands JUST shipped! They will have some good company!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

From Left to Right, Row 1 (Front - Longwings/Random): Alden NST in Ravello Shell Cordovan, Alden Unlined Dover PTB in Brown CXL, Alden LWB in Color #2 Shell Cordovan, Alden LWB in Whiskey Shell Cordovan, Riden Boot Co LWB in Scotch Grain Shell Cordovan, Alden LWB in Ravello Shell Cordovan with Dark Edging, Alden LWB in Ravello Shell Cordovan with Antique Edging, Alden LWB in Cigar Shell Cordovan, Alden LWB in Color #8 Shell Cordovan
    From Left to Right, Row 2 (Brogues):
    Alden Shortwing Balmoral in Whiskey Shell Cordovan, Allen Edmonds Player Shoe in Walnut Calf, Allen Edmonds Strand in Walnut Shell Cordovan, Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Marlow in Brown Shell Cordovan, Allen Edmonds Jefferson in Cappuccino Shell Cordovan, Alden Shortwing Balmoral in Color 8 Shell Cordovan, Alden Semi-Brogue Cap Toe Balmoral in Black Shell Cordovan, Alden for Brooks Brother Shortwing Balmoral in Black Shell Cordovan, Allen Edmonds Cambridge in Black Shell Cordovan
    From Left to Right, Row 3 (PTBs/CapToes): Alden PTB in Ravello Shell Cordovan, Alden Cap Toe Blutcher in Cigar Shell Cordovan, Alden Straight Tip in Cigar Shell Cordovan, Alden Perf Tip in Color 8 Shell Cordovan, Alden Unlined Dover PTB in Color 8 Shell Cordovan, Allen Edmonds Harrison in Black Shell Cordovan
    From Left to Right, Row 3 (LHSes): Alden LHS in Whiskey Shell Cordovan, Alden LHS in Ravello Shell Cordovan, Alden LHS in Ravello Shell Cordovan, Alden LHS in Cigar Shell Cordovan. Alden LHS in Color 8 Shell Cordovan.
    From Left to Right, Row 4 (Loafers): Alden LHS in Tan Suede, Alden Unlined LHS in Snuff Suede, Alden Full-Strap Loafer in Color 8 Shell Cordovan. Alden Tassel Loafer in Color 8 Shell Cordovan, Allen Edmonds Route 1 in Brown Calf, Alden Cape Cod Horse Bit Loafer in Black Calf
    From Left to Right, Row 5 (High Boots): Alden Shortwing Boot in Natural CXL, Allen Edmonds Dalton in Walnut Shell Cordovan, Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Gianni in Brown Shell Cordovan, Alden Plaza Lasted "Indy" Boot in Color 8 Shell Cordovan, Alden Cap Toe Boot in Color 8 Shell Cordovan
    From Left to Right, Row 6 (Chukkas): Allen Edmonds Dundee (3-eyelet) Chukka in Walnut Shell Cordovan, Allen Edmonds Amok (2-eyelet) Chukka in Snuff Suede, Alden Chukka Boot in Color 8 Shell Cordovan.

-Mike

11. wonsmithr8

wonsmithr8 Well-Known Member

Haha #44? That was quick, seemed like you ordered it less than a month ago!

12. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

Yeah, I guess that they are #44, for a second I thought you were talking about Shell colors!!!

Order date: 3/17/2014
    Invoice date: 4/4/2014

I have had awesome luck with my MTOs zipping through!

-Mike

13. wonsmithr8

wonsmithr8 Well-Known Member

Haha mm yeah it's a secret shell color! Yeah man you have, hopefully the three I ordered arrive just as quickly!

14. NWTeal

NWTeal Well-Known Member

Awesome. I had to send mine back and they are in the process of being remade. Also, holy crap that's a lot of shoes. I need me some C&J Marlows but I have yet to pull the trigger. Totally missed out on that leaked promo code :(

15. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Well-Known Member

Holy Shmoley! Simply epic collection!

16. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"No - no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should've sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful . . . I had no idea."

1 person likes this.
  17. watchidiot

watchidiot Well-Known Member

Wow! Imeldific! Wiping drool of table now :) Great collection Mike.

18. csmitty

csmitty Well-Known Member

Thats. A lot of shell.....[​IMG] I would seriously have an insurance policy for all those.

Wish I had gotten into shoes when the Walnut and Cappuccino shell were options :(

19. NickCarraway

NickCarraway Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    MY GOD IT'S FULL OF SHOES

20. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Well-Known Member

Could that be $20,000 worth of shoes? Dear God, man. That's mind-boggling. I would be jealous, but I can't even wrap my mind around how I would wear them all.