1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mdubs, Feb 28, 2014.

1. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Well-Known Member

Navy still down?

2. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Well-Known Member

I hope that rep gets the shoe in early next week. I'll give him a call on Monday.

3. watchidiot

watchidiot Well-Known Member

Navy is still down but I've got 2 folks committed to saving the day if nobody else signs in before invoicing starts on merlot.

4. Indyoshi68

Indyoshi68 Well-Known Member

Any idea when merlot invoicing will begin WI?

5. Skatenc123

Skatenc123 Well-Known Member

Anybody have any idea how sizing works with women on the eagle county. I printed out the AE brannock scale. Looks like she'd be a 6.5D. Do they do MTO that small?

6. watchidiot

I previously bought my wife a stock Eagle County in 6D.

7. Skatenc123

do you happen to know what size she wears in new balance? mine wears a 7.5.

8. sleepyinsanfran

sleepyinsanfran Well-Known Member

They should, afaik. i would suggest going up a width from the brannocksize, to 6.5 E on the EC, especially if she has a high arch/instep

9. Skatenc123

If she was barefoot she would be a 6C i think. She put on her hiking socks and was just between a 6-6.5 C-D. She has some friends over right now, Need to see if she would actually wear them.
    If so should put us at 12 for the Navy. Wonder if they didn't fit if there would be any interest in a boot that small on here or ebay.

10. watchidiot

looks like they have same feet, she measured 6.5C in the brannock and she wear 8US women's nikes. She tells me the 6D fits her fine. But I think her tolerance for fit is quite high. After years of wearing pumps and stilettos after all, let's say fit is not high on their priorities. Her mantra is more of "if it looks good, I can make it fit". Lol.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
  11. Skatenc123

mines more if it doesn't fit well. Or causes any sort of pain then she won't wear it often. IF it'll make the navy hit 12, will you add me for a 6.5D also. Thanks!! Lets make this happen before i decide to buy a pair of C&J coniston in Navy off ebay.

12. watchidiot

Ok, I'll add you up for a 6.5D in navy. The navy group will be thrilled! Email goes out on Monday to AE. Will keep everybody CC'd.

13. polofitted007

polofitted007 Member

Got a question, Do you have to wear a Merlot belt if you wear Merlot shoes???

14. tjyoung

tjyoung Well-Known Member

I do

15. sleepyinsanfran

sleepyinsanfran Well-Known Member

^ burgundy works too. All you need is something in the ballpark of the shoe color, even if not a perfect match.

16. mimo

mimo Well-Known Member

No, brown is fine.

17. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

My wife is a 7.5m in US women's. I bought her a 6D Bayfield and it fits her quite well.

18. GOP Shoe Guy

GOP Shoe Guy Well-Known Member

I say yes. Or at least get close.

19. watchidiot

Official Update: Allen Edmonds SF Group MTO

Hi Gentlemen,

As of 8:48PM (ET), Sunday, 14 September 2014 please find the complete list of SF members who have committed to ordering the following GMTOs.

Make-Up 2: $295 - Eagle County on brown grain calf (1040) with tone-on-tone stitching; brown flat welt black Dainite with leather midsole; medium brown edge dressing; brass eyelets and speedhooks, with the 3 top most being speedhooks; leather insole & lining - 18 17 orders 1 asked to be removed 17 confirmed email addresses
    tifosi
    pandaplush
    SeventyFive
    DonL
    losrockets
    bullswin
    alexdell
    Gg253

removed
    shinote
    rostov

jocs
    mossington
    thromb
    heldentenor
    Albie31
    watchidiot
    JZrhwinnj

Make-Up 5: $295 - Eagle County Merlot calf w/ tone-on-tone stitching; Chili flat welt; Black Dainite w/ leather midsole; medium brown edge dressing; brass eyelets and speedhooks, with the 3 top most being speedhooks - 28 26 25 26 orders 3 4 asked to be removed 26 confirmed email addresses
    1Ellis1
    AdamAdam
    arkane
    Buckingpony
    CameronSon

removed
    Count de Monet
    cshunt

removed
    fairlynerdy
    GOPShoeGuy
    IGotId
    immolation666

Ironfist1906
    jch1
    jonross
    JZrhwinnj
    kahuna75
    LokEy
    mimo
    pandaplush

removed
    Polofitted007
    removed
    Shawl Lapel
    Skatenc123
    skshwin
    zombiesartre
    desOne
    KMok

Make-Up 5: $295 - Eagle County navy calf w/ tone-on-tone stitching; Black flat welt with wheeling and fudging; Black Dainite w/ leather midsole; brown edge dressing; black eyelets and speedhooks, with top being an eyelet, next two are speed hooks, and the rest are eyelets 13 12 12 orders 1 2 asked to be removed 11 confirmed email addresses
    CameronSon
    ymmt
    skatenc123 - 2orders

removed
    Indyoshi68
    Laffinpoet
    tjyoung
    kahuna75
    mossington
    bamgrinus
    Peppercorn78
    JZrhwinnj

removed

All these are now good to go and will be sent to AE for invoicing. Please expect an email from me and AE tomorrow.

The townley is still stuck at 10. Wold be a pity if this doesnt push through. Maybe we could coerce some more folks into buying this.

best regards,
    Dale

Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
  20. JezeC

JezeC Well-Known Member

Would be great if we can get two more for the Townley's. Such a great deal and interesting make up from AE.