• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luisesp

Reaction score
Wow! what a fun thread to follow, I think I am addicted to it already, great Job!

RobinM

Reaction score
This thread is getting me interested in ordering a couple MTOs from AE, but the current prices are a little high.
Hope that there will be another sweet deal like this.

Strand Walnut Cordo @ $495
Dalton Walnut Cordo @ $550

movoblast

Reaction score
This thread is getting me interested in ordering a couple MTOs from AE, but the current prices are a little high.
Hope that there will be another sweet deal like this.

Strand Walnut Cordo @ $495
Dalton Walnut Cordo @ $550

Walnut and cappuccino cordovan are no more. I think the only colors now are brown, black, and burgundy. Sucks that I didn't get into shoes a year earlier, before the shortage of the lighter colors. I think the MTO's were around that price though during the RDA sale. Not sure if there is another sale with prices like that.

Last edited:

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

This thread is getting me interested in ordering a couple MTOs from AE, but the current prices are a little high. Hope that there will be another sweet deal like this. Strand Walnut Cordo @ $495 Dalton Walnut Cordo @ $550
I actually ended up getting my Walnut Shell Strands for about $450... Wish I had bought 2! But they were my first shells and before I fully understood the scope of Shells and the associated scarcity. -Mike

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My white Neumok is in from the webgem. Here are piccies:

Pastor

Reaction score

I actually ended up getting my Walnut Shell Strands for about $450... Wish I had bought 2! But they were my first shells and before I fully understood the scope of Shells and the associated scarcity.

-Mike

I bought my Walnut Shell Daltons during that web gem. I already had walnut calf strands so I didn't purchase the shell strands. Probably one of my biggest shoe regrets.

TLHouston

Reaction score
I recently purchased the AE Hanover in black calf and liked them so much I decided to see if they could make them in a burgundy shell cordovan. It's obvious they don't offer these on the website MTO, so I called my local AE store (New Orleans) and inquired about the possibility. Robin, the mgr, had to inquire with the factory, and called me back within 10 mins with good news! 6 weeks later I got them! I've had them 2 weeks and 4 wears later here's what they look like. I had heard that she'll was difficult to make in a whole cut, but these are perfect! Nothing has touched them other than a brush! 8th AE, 2nd shell cordovan. Very pleased!

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

I recently purchased the AE Hanover in black calf and liked them so much I decided to see if they could make them in a burgundy shell cordovan. It's obvious they don't offer these on the website MTO, so I called my local AE store (New Orleans) and inquired about the possibility. Robin, the mgr, had to inquire with the factory, and called me back within 10 mins with good news! 6 weeks later I got them! I've had them 2 weeks and 4 wears later here's what they look like. I had heard that she'll was difficult to make in a whole cut, but these are perfect! Nothing has touched them other than a brush! 8th AE, 2nd shell cordovan. Very pleased!

Those are very cool shoes. I was wondering how they would crease as a whole cut design. I am really impressed that AE was able to do a whole cut in Shell Cordovan just due to the size of a piece of shell. Curious, what size they are. I imagine that the largest sizes would not be able to do that just because Shell isn't that big, but I could be wrong. Most PTBs are actually essentially just one piece of shell as well, and various manufacturers make those as standard shell designs.

Looks like you just went standard Hanover with just a Shell upper (I.e. No rolled edges or Independence Lining, etc).

-Mike

TLHouston

Reaction score
I'm a 9.5 D. Nothing extra on the linings, I just went with the standard on the sole and heels as well. When I have them recrafted I'll for sure go with the Dainite sole.

TLHouston

Reaction score

Those are very cool shoes. I was wondering how they would crease as a whole cut design. I am really impressed that AE was able to do a whole cut in Shell Cordovan just due to the size of a piece of shell. Curious, what size they are. I imagine that the largest sizes would not be able to do that just because Shell isn't that big, but I could be wrong. Most PTBs are actually essentially just one piece of shell as well, and various manufacturers make those as standard shell designs.

Looks like you just went standard Hanover with just a Shell upper (I.e. No rolled edges or Independence Lining, etc).

-Mike

I'm a 9.5 D. Nothing extra on the linings, I just went with the standard on the sole and heels as well. When I have them recrafted I'll for sure go with the Dainite sole.

jd13jd13

Reaction score
About those wholecuts, is it me or does the chisel toe look a bit more round than the standard calf offering?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads