1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The 27 Year Old Virgin

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by amathew, May 13, 2012.

1. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Well-Known Member

I am just telling you what I have heard based on conversations with girls. Why don't you read other things I posted here?

2. amathew

amathew Well-Known Member

As a side note, I recently (aka yesterday) went to the doctor and got contacts. So i no longer have my glasses, which
    always made me look nerdy. Just a slight improvement in image that may or may not help.

3. globetrotter

globetrotter Well-Known Member

I haven't read through the whole thing but I have some suggestions

1. not at all being snarky - you should consider therapy. there is probably a back story to this whole thing, and you might want to get into talking this through with somebody.

2. I think that the idea of using a prostitue isn't so bad - if nothing else, it will take some pressure off. you might want to decide that you arent going to try to date anyone for a year, but that you'll sleep with a prostiture 6 times in that year, just to get the pressure down.

3. you really should try to get some female friends, that you aren't trying to nail. I usually don't suggest this, but you would benifit from understanding a bit about how women think

4. I didn't read what people suggested about dress, but I would try to build a nice busienss casual type of wardrobe that flatters you a bit while not looking too different from the other guys around - you don't want to look like you are pretentious or trying to act too old or too hip or whatever

5. you seem to be working hard on your body and your looks, good

6. lower your standards

7. I'd think of 5 or so things about you that are actractive or interesting, and think about how you could tell them in a story that doesn't look like you are bragging. maybe with a little humor. and work on how you can work those stories into conversation without looking like you are trying too hard. when you are ready to start dating, make sure that you work those stories in.

good luck

4. 1234

1234 Well-Known Member

Girls don't know what they want nor what attracts them in my experience.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  5. globetrotter

globetrotter Well-Known Member

they know, they aren't honest with themselves about it

1 person likes this.
  6. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Well-Known Member

business casual? he's 26 man. If I was 26 again, in the year 2012, I'd grow my hair to within a couple millimeters of crazy, get a chest piece and not bathe for a couple days, buy a kilo, and then head out to events.

7. KingJulien

KingJulien Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

8. KingJulien

OP, just get a big bag of some really good molly and go out on a Friday night.

9. patrickBOOTH

Exactly.

10. ballmouse

ballmouse Well-Known Member

Go out with friends (preferably the kind you wouldn't mind embarrassing yourself with and the kind that will do dumb shit). Get drunk or use other substances. You've only got 1 life. Don't waste it.

11. Fraiche

Fraiche Well-Known Member

Why don't you post a picture of what you look like if you were going out on a weekend?

That way we can provide effective feedback on things you need to work on, which is probably quite a bit. Just have a thick skin and be ready for criticism, but that's what you're here for, right?

12. 1234

1234 Well-Known Member

It really does not matter fraiche....

What he needs to work on is internal not external. I know that's hard to accept on a STYLE forum, but it's true.

1 person likes this.
  13. KingJulien

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. texas_jack

texas_jack Well-Known Member

Yes

15. fuji

fuji Well-Known Member

Currently loling at women don't care about money or aesthetics. Just because women say "I just want a nice guy who'll treat me well, I don't care about looks or money I'm not shallow" doesn't mean it's true.

16. Fraiche

Fraiche Well-Known Member

I agree that it won't matter if his internal is strong. This is not the case. His internal AND external are weak. His lack of confidence in both areas are clearly exhibited in this thread.

Firstly, internal is typically harder to improve than external. In addition, by working on his external, he will slowly gain internal. If you look good, you tend to feel more confident.

He should first work on his physical appearance: hitting the gym, get a new haircut, get a new wardrobe (which he's heading in the right direction, since he joined this forum).

17. ama

ama Well-Known Member

Did not even come close to reading this whole thread, but there is a obvious lack of hws in it.

18. patrickBOOTH

19. ama

ama Well-Known Member

20. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke Well-Known Member

I can't believe I just read this whole thread...This shit is depressing...

I think you got your answer in the first page or so of responses. Stop being a pussy and take some chances.