1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The 2007 NBA Playoffs

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Saucemaster, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Well-Known Member

^^
    Or at least made better decisions; if you're going to drive to the basket with that little time remaining and you trailing, you better be damn sure you make your layups. On several possessions in a row Amare looked like he wasn't sure if he was meant to be scoring or kicking to an open shooter, and the hesitation appeared to cost him some easy buckets. Those situations are when you need your PG most, and they seemed totally lost without Nash; they passed up some decent looks from three, first when they had time to set something up and then when they absolutely needed one. I think D'Antoni deserves a lot of the blame for how the last minute or so was handled...

2. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Well-Known Member

I think the Suns would have taken game 1 if Nash didn't look like he just came out of a 10 round fight with Mike Tyson.

+1

3. mrpologuy

mrpologuy Well-Known Member

I am hoping the Pistons embarass the baby Bulls again tonight. We did to Chicago exactly what they did to Miami. I believe we are the team to beat in the East.

4. mrpologuy

mrpologuy Well-Known Member

Detroit is up 2-0 against chicago and ha strashed them in both games. Chicago shot 29 more free throws than us and we still won by 18-19 points. They simply can't hang. Out of all the teams left, we ahve looked the best so far. I think we will sweep the Bulls and move on to another easy opponent.

5. Steve B.

Steve B. Well-Known Member

Guess I spoke too soon @ Suns n Spurs.

Open mouth, insert foot, chew vigorously.

6. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Well-Known Member

Guess I spoke too soon @ Suns n Spurs. Open mouth, insert foot, chew vigorously.
    The Suns are too good, and Nash is too great a competitor, to go down that easy. I still think the Spurs will take it in the end (though I'd *much* rather watch Suns/Pistons than another Spurs/Pistons finals), but I don't think the Suns will go without a fight.

7. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Well-Known Member

I'm going to risk looking like an idiot and take the Suns. It's true that they can't play d at a level anywhere near the Spurs, but that said, the Spurs have lost a step compared to their '03 and '05 title teams. I think the Suns are potent enough offensively to overcome SA's defensive advantage...

8. visionology

visionology Well-Known Member

It's the power of the nose. Nash is going to be just like Hamilton when he donned the mask. He might wear bandages forever if they win the championship.

9. jpeirpont

jpeirpont Well-Known Member

I've always had the Spurs especially against the Suns, I firmly believe you need a dominate player on your team to win, the Spurs are the only team , except for the Cavs( who have no chance), who do. Aside from the Piston's team a few years ago, I can't think of a team who've won in the last ten years without a dominate player.

10. visionology

visionology Well-Known Member

When you think of dominate do you only think of big men? I think Jason Kidd or Steve Nash or even Stoudamire can be dominate just not in the beastly 7' center kind of dominate.

11. jpeirpont

When you think of dominate do you only think of big men? I think Jason Kidd or Steve Nash or even Stoudamire can be dominate just not in the beastly 7' center kind of dominate.

I don't think of them as dominate players; like I would think Kobe or even Lebron. Do you think any of those three players could control the last 3 minutes of a tough game?

12. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Well-Known Member

I don't think of them ass dominate players; like I would think Kobe or even Lebron. Do you think any of those three players could control the last 3 minutes of a tough game?

In less than a thousand words, yes.

koji

13. jpeirpont

In less than a thousand words, yes.

koji

No way.

14. Thracozaag

Kobe's been really dominant without Shaq.

koji

15. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

I don't think of them as dominate players; like I would think Kobe or even Lebron. Do you think any of those three players could control the last 3 minutes of a tough game?

Steve Nash controls games in a way that neither Lebron nor Kobe can. Kobe will never be able to, and Lebron, well, Lebron is still relatively untested in that area. We'll see in a few years.

16. Thracozaag

Steve Nash controls games in a way that neither Lebron nor Kobe can. Kobe will never be able to, and Lebron, well, Lebron is still relatively untested in that area. We'll see in a few years.

I think Lebron proved himself pretty darn adequately last year against Washington. Should be a very interesting series with the Pistons, if form continues to hold.

koji

17. WSW

WSW Well-Known Member

I thought Nash was overrated until I actually watched him play. He really does set the defense on its heels. The Suns always look lost when he's on the bench.

18. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Well-Known Member

LeBron showed a spark in the last few minutes of last night's game, actually. Demanded the ball, made a couple crazy drives that ended in either a bucket or a foul, then started punishing the Nets with solid passes to suddenly open and cutting teammates as soon as they started collapsing on him. He looked as mature a player as I've seen him yet.

19. jpeirpont

Kobe's been really dominant without Shaq.

koji

He has, Kobe wins games alone, he just has very little help. Nash has had teams loaded with talent since he came in the league; Dirk, Finley now this Sun's team which is a talented team without him, yet he hasn't won a championship yet, the team he left went. I haven't seen him step up and dominate a game yet. Kidd hasn't had the talent Nash has, but he did make it and had the misfortune of meeting a healthy Shaq and Kobe, so I might be wrong about him.

20. jpeirpont

Though Nash has been my favorite PG since he was in Dallas, I don't see where he controls a close game. He might set the tone, but once the game is slowed down as it usually is in clutch playoff games he doesn't control much.