1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The 1st Annual Style Forum Sample Swap Box

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Rambo, Aug 15, 2009.

1. amerikajinda

amerikajinda Well-Known Member

it's in the bag.
    You rock and if there's anything of mine you'd like, please let me know and I'll drop it in the box! [​IMG] Here's my stuff on this table...

2. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member

^^^...aww shucks.

Decants of Knize Ten and Signoricci are in the bag.

Before I do up these: Antaeus, Kouros, and Jicky (i.e. - smelly, smellier, and jeebus already!): I can do these up as decants or samples, depending on how many people are interested. If only one: I'll do up as samples. If multiple folks want to try I would do up a decant.

3. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

Jinda - I've got 6000 Bond samples that will be going in the box plus plenty of Lutens and other nice shit.

I updated myself on the map and the spreadsheet. Please input your data into the spreadsheet and map that MasterClasser so kindly setup. Nice job on that by the way.

As soon as the decant bottles come in the mail I'm going to get this show on the road. Hopefully, I'll have it out to Thomas by Monday assuming the eBay shipper doesn't take his sweet time.

4. amerikajinda

Jinda - I've got 6000 Bond samples that will be going in the box plus plenty of Lutens and other nice shit.

I updated myself on the map and the spreadsheet. Please input your data into the spreadsheet and map that MasterClasser so kindly setup. Nice job on that by the way.

As soon as the decant bottles come in the mail I'm going to get this show on the road. Hopefully, I'll have it out to Thomas by Monday assuming the eBay shipper doesn't take his sweet time.

Nice!!! I can hardly wait!!! I've got some surprise goodies to throw in the box as well....

5. MCsommerreid

MCsommerreid Well-Known Member

I seem to be unable to figure out adding myself to that confounded google map. How does one add their location to it?

6. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

I seem to be unable to figure out adding myself to that confounded google map. How does one add their location to it?
    Do you have a google account? If you're signed in, click the link for the map, click edit, then up at the top of the map there is going to be an icon that looks like a first down marker. Click that and then plant the flag where you're located. Post it here as well so I can update the OP.

7. MCsommerreid

MCsommerreid Well-Known Member

Do you have a google account? If you're signed in, click the link for the map, click edit, then up at the top of the map there is going to be an icon that looks like a first down marker. Click that and then plant the flag where you're located. Post it here as well so I can update the OP.

Ah, it was the "edit" bit that I was missing.

Added myself: San Leandro, CA.

8. joel_954

joel_954 Well-Known Member

I'd like a Creed Erolfa sample if anyoen has one. I guess it is similar to Bond's Wall St. I want to compare.

Can I mail my contributions to someone? Looks like Thomas is starting the box?

9. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

I'd like a Creed Erolfa sample if anyoen has one. I guess it is similar to Bond's Wall St. I want to compare. Can I mail my contributions to someone? Looks like Thomas is starting the box?
    Everybody is getting the box in turn and when you get it you drop in your samples/decants and take out what you like. Is everyone stocking up on their empty atomizers? Remember, if there is a large sample in the box that you want to try, you're supposed to take some out of the sample then put it back into the box for everyone else.

10. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member

My atomizers turned up this evening.

11. joel_954

I have a couple of atomizers, but they are kinda big. 4mL size I think. I have a bunch of roll-ons too.

I think the screw-cap atomizers will work best for the box. The atomizers with the compression tops might be hard to get open and I can see someone trying to get the cap off of one and having it fly everywhere and its wasted. Run-on, I know. Oh well. ha ha

12. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

I have a couple of atomizers, but they are kinda big. 4mL size I think. I have a bunch of roll-ons too. I think the screw-cap atomizers will work best for the box. The atomizers with the compression tops might be hard to get open and I can see someone trying to get the cap off of one and having it fly everywhere and its wasted. Run-on, I know. Oh well. ha ha
    All you have to do is spray from the full atomizer into the empty one which should be apart to begin with. No need to disassemble anything.

13. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

Everyone getting their shit together?

14. amerikajinda

yup! Got my first batch of atomizers in the mail....

15. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member

I'm just about squared away.

Decants:
    Knize Ten
    Signoricci

Samples:
    Antaeus
    Guerlain Vetiver
    Jicky
    SL Oriental Vetiver
    Dzing!
    C&S line-up
    Patou Pour Homme.

Pending:
    Kouros

I'll check the thread again this weekend to make sure I include everything mentioned.

16. joel_954

I'm Ready To Go! Let's do this!!!

17. Big Pun

Big Pun Well-Known Member

Don't have my atomizers, yet. Sorry!

18. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Well-Known Member

I've got a bunch more stuff I'm going to add to the list tonight. I'm throwing in a whole assortment of other samples like shaving creams (eg. Taylor's Eton College +more), After Shave Balms (eg Fragonard - Hongrie +more), hair stuff (eg. Brylcreem +more), face moisturizers (various brands) and a bunch of random fragrance samples...

Timing - I'm ready to go for Monday too...

PS - are you guys comfortable with updating the map with your name and address, or do we just PM the next person on the list? How's the mailing going to work?

PPS - I went to sephora and begged and got about 10 of those mini atomizer things... - also, they often have little "funnel" things to avoid the spray overflowing...

Last - if anyone wants mainstream department store stuff, anything from certain stores (Crabtree, L'Occitane, Body shop, fruit and passion, etc), or more niche (Penhaligons, L'artisan, philosykos, etc)... let me know and i'll see what I can do

19. Big Pun

Big Pun Well-Known Member

I'll be heading to sephora hopefully this week, for decants. All the stuff people want from me is in big bottles. (mostly 3.4 oz) I'll add to the the index thing in a bit.

20. amerikajinda

I've got a bunch more stuff I'm going to add to the list tonight. I'm throwing in a whole assortment of other samples like shaving creams (eg. Taylor's Eton College), After Shave Balms (eg Fragonard - Hongrie), hair stuff (eg. Brylcreem), face moisturizers (various brands) and a bunch of random fragrance samples...

Timing - I'm ready to go for Monday too.

PS - are you guys comfortable with updating the map with your name and address, or do we just PM the next person on the list? How's the mailing going to work?

PPS - I went to sephora and begged and got about 10 of those mini atomizer things...

Nice! I'm interested in shaving stuff and I'll be adding some shaving stuff too... shaving creams, etc.