1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Ten C : The Emperor's New Clothes

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JohnnyLaw, Apr 3, 2012.

1. habitant

habitant Well-Known Member

TenC's material really sucks, as long as you like the design of the coat, that's all that matters.

2. zissou

zissou Well-Known Member

I don't know, man. I wouldn't pay a dime for something made from material I thought really sucked, regardless of whether I like the design.

1 person likes this.
  3. habitant

Then you will find that you wasted $470

4. Nakedsnake

Nakedsnake Well-Known Member

@habitant and @zissou , thanks for the comments on the sizing. Appreciated.

5. zissou

zissou Well-Known Member

No, I meant material that I thought really sucked, not material that you thought really sucked. Perhaps, this coat won't pan out to be what I expected, and that's fine. You won't find me buying more than one Ten C jacket if that's the case.

6. irbe

irbe Well-Known Member

keep us updated Z on the jacket. when I felt the jacket yes u are right it felt bomb proof, very substantial. who knows maybe it's different now.

7. ike_hiking_boots

ike_hiking_boots Well-Known Member

8. zissou

zissou Well-Known Member

I've been debating in my mind what to do in terms of liners for my Storm Parka. I almost purchased the shearling liner and hood, but I like the shearling collar that came with the coat (see my photo above), and would surely have to remove it.

And, I don't like how the shearling hood liners stick out of the hoods...
    [​IMG]

...and the shearling liner is so damn expensive.

Maybe I will just get the down liner and use it with the included shearling collar.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  9. habitant

Received my short parka today, no liner or collar or anything.. The fit is spot on though. Sleeves are fine.

10. auggie

auggie Well-Known Member

11. Emixam

Emixam Well-Known Member

thinking to depart with my car coat size 48 (peep the sig)

Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
  12. zissou

zissou Well-Known Member

I received my down liner the other day and was impressed by how well it fit me and inside my coat. My only complaint about the Storm Parka was that the sleeves are lined with cotton. But, adding the down liner solves that problem...

13. habitant

how much bulk does the liner add? my sleeves are already tight.

14. Emixam

Emixam Well-Known Member

I dont understand why they add lining at sleeves on every style

15. zissou

zissou Well-Known Member

Not a lot. The down liner is relatively thin, and the down compresses well where it needs to. I was also surprised by how slim the arms are in general, but I have slim arms...

16. habitant

my jacket is pretty small now with the liner

17. 73DJD

73DJD Member

I've had my field jacket over a month now, and it's been worn in some pretty severe weather conditions. Here's a little review so far:

The general fit of the jacket has improved the longer I've worn it, it fits me well now, so I guess Ten C's claim it "molds to your body" rings true.

I wore it in an absolute downpour, when I was walking to the football. 15 minutes of none stop, violent rain soaked the jacket completely. I was dry underneath, which is the main thing, but the jacket did absorb water. It soon dried off, and I'm convinced the soaking helped it mold to my body shape. Water doesn't bounce off constantly like some full weatherproof jackets, or even Elka/Rains type macs, but it keeps you dry underneath, which is enough for me.

The Velcro was the biggest problem I had with the jacket. I like to have my cuffs nice and tight, and with the fabric being so heavy, the relatively weak Velcro was not up to the job. It was constantly popping open, which was really annoying. I solved the problem by stitching up the cuffs. They're no longer adjustable, but that's not a problem for me as my hands slide in and out easily enough. When wearing gloves, I have to put my gloves on first then feed my arms through the sleeves, but this isn't a problem. Obviously, the glove flaps aren't usable either, but I don't like the look of them anyway.

In terms of the fit, if you want the jacket to fit nicely without a liner, you won't be able to use a liner with it come winter. By that I mean the liner makes the jacket a lot tighter. I tried a liner on with my size 50 field jacket and it made it feel at least a whole size smaller. My size 50 looks good with just a T-shirt, but I can get away with wearing it with a chunky knit underneath, making it suitable for a British winter.

All in all I'm happy with the jacket, and recommend Ten-C jackets to be a sound investment.

All in all, I still love the jacket, and paired with a nice chunky knit, it

1 person likes this.
  18. 73DJD

73DJD Member

If you're even slightly bulky, be it muscle or fat, I find the liner makes the jacket a lot tighter across the chest and on the arms. If you're a slim Jim, you might be okay.

19. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Well-Known Member

Anyone have the fishtail parka and can comment on sizing? I'm a 36 chest and can't decide whether to get the 46 or 48. Not 100% sure if I'll get the shearling liner in the future, but would be curious to hear if that kind of decision should affect what size I pick.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
  20. akatsuki

akatsuki Well-Known Member

Absolutely affects things - the shearling is reasonably bulky.

If you aren't going to go shearling - then I say size one down from true. But if you are then stick with TTS.