1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Ten C : The Emperor's New Clothes

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JohnnyLaw, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Joona

Joona Well-Known Member

I know this is an old post (great review btw!) but I thought that I would reply just in case you or someone else is still finding the sleeve openings to be too wide. My friend just demonstrated to me how you can also use the cuff adjuster to make the cuff tight. You will first need to pull a bit of the elasticated tab out and then just roll it the other way around the sleeve and then button it. It should then tighten the cuff around your wrist. At least in a new Ten C Parka it really hugs your wrist if you do it like this.

I took a pic to show what I mean (as I probably didn't manage to explain it as clearly as I wanted):

[​IMG]

2. einstine

einstine Well-Known Member

3. thedd

thedd New Member

got a olive field in 50. worn about 5 times that i want to swap for 48

will consider a parka or short parka also at 21 inches pit to pit as i know the sizings vary from jacket to jacket

4. einstine

Can people who own a Ten C Anorak comment on the quality?

Really just wondering if its would be warm with the liner?

...and for people who any Ten C jacket how does this fabric age and form? I want to grab one of there pieces but the quality seems sub par for the price, kind of like an expensive windbreaker.

5. ike_hiking_boots

ike_hiking_boots Well-Known Member

Came to this brand via CP Company - sounded great until I read this forum! It sounds terrible.

So… I went to Hideout earlier in the week to take a look - and the fabric - well I am not surprised it looks like shit after a few months wear.

There is something not quite right about it; it's a shame if it's true because visually it looks great.

6. JohnnyLaw

JohnnyLaw Well-Known Member

Many of the people making negative comments don't seem to actually own one of the jackets.

FWIW, I'm very happy with mine. I've been wearing it regularly for almost 2 years now in all sorts of conditions. It still looks practically new. The fabric is as waterproof as it was when I bought it. It will absorb a bit of water, darken and change texture, but no water gets through. It's always been like that. The fabric is also windproof and with the liner I find it very comfortable even at -20 degrees. As others have mentioned, the velcro does stop sticking very quickly and the zipper tape tends to fray, but these are the only issues I have.

3 people like this.
  7. akatsuki

akatsuki Well-Known Member

So far so good. I have the fishtail and shearling liner and hood. I also have an extra liner that is just waiting for a jacket to put it in... Thinking between the trench and storm parka next.

8. einstine

-20 I think your exaggerating a little ...unless your talking about the shearling because I owned the regular liner and it was not warm for a $250 liner.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
  9. kazper

kazper New Member

I just received my black parka today. I must say the color play and velvet like smoothness is absolutely stunning. However I'm really surprised about the stiffness of the fabric, not to mention the sound of it. It feels like wearing a big piece of cardboard :)

How long does it take to loose this stiffness and become super soft? Weeks, months?

Also how tough is the fabric, is it easily scratched and stained?

Thanks

10. brian11

brian11 Member

Just like the previous poster, I got a parka. Pretty similar thoughts about stiffness and feel of it. Also really impressed by the quality of it; it's one solid, heavy coat.

Just a comment for anyone wanting to buy one, I would really try it out first.

Every jacket fits differently. I've tried the parka, field and snow smock and they all have very different sizing.

I'm 5'7, 140 pounds and I have the parka in 44, and I've got room in here.

11. ceoceo

ceoceo Well-Known Member

Huh, really? I also have been wearing my smock snow pretty regularly and while I wore it for many purposes (it floats!!) I swear I did not thrash a $1k jacket. And it does not look new.

There are scratches and worn out spots here and there, the jacket is softened a lot, and the jacket does feel a little heavy after wearing it in a harsher rain.

I like the jacket though, for reasons I cannot really articulate. Still, if you are into the looks, look for Korean or Japanese military repro brands :hide: . They are 99% identical + more authentic details, and probably would be more functional.

12. akatsuki

akatsuki Well-Known Member

Ten C say the fabric wears, that is part of their thing. That it molds to your body, etc.

My fishtail is a bit oversized, but I wanted room for the liner, hood, and even a suit underneath all of that.

13. ceoceo

ceoceo Well-Known Member

Yeah I realize that. I am just not their target market rich boyz who want raw denim-like jacket.

I actually like the sizing of Ten C. I can wear a shirt+cardigan+blazer under my snow smock and probably end up with enough room to hide a cat or two underneath. Very nice 'easy jacket' once you get past the price tag.

14. einstine

Cat smugglers are the worst.

15. benecios

benecios Well-Known Member

After being a Cabournophile for many years I bought a Ten C Snow Smock in Olive and bought the shearling liner for it. I absolutely love it, I've only worn it twice but so far it has drawn more positive comments than any other garment I've owned. I won't give it any real hammer as I wear work clothing Mon-Fri so I probably won't have the longevity issues a lot are reporting on here, you have all made me very paranoid about losing buttons though. :)

16. scamster

scamster Well-Known Member

well the seven jackets forever is definitely out, there are jeans from ten c over at haven.

[​IMG]
    nero

[​IMG]
    sughero

along with two jackets

[​IMG]
    jean jacket

[​IMG]
    parachute jacket

be interesting to see what the jeans are like after a few months of wear and tear.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
  17. Emixam

Emixam Well-Known Member

anyone here owns the car coat ? Any fit pic ?

18. OlafG

OlafG Well-Known Member

Are these garments really worth the price?

19. R300

R300 Well-Known Member

If only I was wide and long enough to pull of a ten c smock!

ugh.

20. ferrari909

ferrari909 Well-Known Member

And if they are worth the price, can someone comment on how the fabric ages