1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

tell me if this would be overtraining

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by bach, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Well-Known Member

You are an idiot as well. You are one of those morons who miss substance over form.
    Really? A guy who worships the oil that pools at Jay Cutler's feet is going to lecture me about substance over form? [​IMG]

2. beasty

beasty Well-Known Member

Really? A guy who worships the oil that pools at Jay Cutler's feet is going to lecture me about substance over form? [​IMG]

You are an unmitigated moron.

You think someone like Jay is a hollow shell?
    You think he is not as strong as he looks?
    Ronnie is undoubtedly one of the strongest man alive if he choose to focus on olympic lifts.
    Ditto even a low IFBB ranked bodybuilder like Donnie Jackson.

3. Saucemaster

Ronnie is undoubtedly one of the strongest man alive if he choose to focus on olympic lifts.

And yet he doesn't. And you don't worship the people who do, you get a hard-on for the "male boobies" of the people who train solely for aesthetics. I realize you're incredibly dense, and probably immune to irony, but this can't be THAT hard for you to figure out.

4. beasty

beasty Well-Known Member

And yet he doesn't. And you don't worship the people who do, you get a hard-on for the "male boobies" of the people who train solely for aesthetics. I realize you're incredibly dense, and probably immune to irony, but this can't be THAT hard for you to figure out.

He doesnt for many many legitimate reasons. You obviously miss my last post. These aint people who train solely for aesthetics. These are FUNCTIONAL muscles.

5. Grayland

Grayland Well-Known Member

He doesnt for many many legitimate reasons. You obviously miss my last post. These aint people who train solely for aesthetics. These are FUNCTIONAL muscles.

Considering that there are powerlifters and o-lifters who have much less mass yet they are significantly stronger, I would question how functional their (pro bodybuilders) muscles are. They (pro bodybuilders) are very strong, but they work out for muscle size; strength is largely a by-product. Other than the heavyweights, lifters try and get as strong as possible without gaining much weight so that they can stay in lighter weight classes.

I can appreciate the incredibly hard work that goes into being a pro bodybuilder. Not a whole lot of functionality to it, though.

6. beasty

beasty Well-Known Member

Considering that there are powerlifters and o-lifters who have much less mass yet they are significantly stronger, I would question how functional their (pro bodybuilders) muscles are. They (pro bodybuilders) are very strong, but they work out for muscle size; strength is largely a by-product. Other than the heavyweights, lifters try and get as strong as possible without gaining much weight so that they can stay in lighter weight classes.

I can appreciate the incredibly hard work that goes into being a pro bodybuilder. Not a whole lot of functionality to it, though.

I would disagree with your point on not a whole lot of functionality because many IFBB pros can lift many times their bodyweight. I would agree if they are in effect human balloons.

Also, please note if not for their training, some can lift more. Jay don't lift as much as Ronnie but thats because of his frenetic pace in the gym.

All in all, would you like to look like Jay or some stunted powerlifted with bad acne on his back? Enuff said.

7. Grayland

Grayland Well-Known Member

8. lefty

lefty Well-Known Member

What on earth are you on about now? Which one are you referring to?

Tell me beasty, do you consider the eating of oysters to be moral and the eating of snails to be immoral?

http://www.truveo.com/Spartacus-1960.../id/1341435889

Helpful hint. In the clip, Cutler is played by Olivier and Curtis plays you.

lefty

9. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

Considering that there are powerlifters and o-lifters who have much less mass yet they are significantly stronger, I would question how functional their (pro bodybuilders) muscles are. They (pro bodybuilders) are very strong, but they work out for muscle size; strength is largely a by-product. Other than the heavyweights, lifters try and get as strong as possible without gaining much weight so that they can stay in lighter weight classes. I can appreciate the incredibly hard work that goes into being a pro bodybuilder. Not a whole lot of functionality to it, though.
    Beasty doesn't seem to understand one of the core principles of training; specificity. If you train for hypertrophy, you get big. If you train for strength/power, you get strength or power. DUH I know it's obvious but I thought it needs to be said. Second, pigeonholing power lifters as hulking masses of indistinguishable muscle and fat and bodybuilders as glorified balloon animals are both incorrect. There are bodybuilders who many people who like to look like, and there are bodybuilders nobody in a healthy state of mind would like to look like. Many lean/lightweight power lifters have physiques which more people would find attractive than bodybuilders, not to mention more functional as well. Again, if you're training solely for looking attractive, then work out like a model and leave actually being healthy to professionals. I wonder which subgroup beasty looks like. Something tells me, none of the above.

10. lefty

lefty Well-Known Member

I wonder which subgroup beasty looks like. Something tells me, none of the above.

Or aspires to? My guess is squeezing himself into the middle of these robust fellows:

[​IMG]

lefty

11. beasty

beasty Well-Known Member

12. beasty

beasty Well-Known Member

Or aspires to? My guess is squeezing himself into the middle of these robust fellows:

[​IMG]

lefty

Arent you a piece of work?
    Here you are disparaging on IFBB pros' work and efforts and sexuality with not even an iota of evidence. If you have the guts, do it face to face. It wont be difficult to find a guest posing event near where you live for you to pose these questions to any IFBB pros.

I challenge you to do it. But I can guarantee you wont. Doing it on the net and doing it in person are totally different things.

13. beasty

beasty Well-Known Member

Beasty doesn't seem to understand one of the core principles of training; specificity. If you train for hypertrophy, you get big. If you train for strength/power, you get strength or power. DUH I know it's obvious but I thought it needs to be said.

Second, pigeonholing power lifters as hulking masses of indistinguishable muscle and fat and bodybuilders as glorified balloon animals are both incorrect. There are bodybuilders who many people who like to look like, and there are bodybuilders nobody in a healthy state of mind would like to look like. Many lean/lightweight power lifters have physiques which more people would find attractive than bodybuilders, not to mention more functional as well. Again, if you're training solely for looking attractive, then work out like a model and leave actually being healthy to professionals. I wonder which subgroup beasty looks like. Something tells me, none of the above.

You assume I do not know about specificity. Never did I say if you train like Jay, you can be a top class swimmer or basketball player etc.

Yup. I am sure many would find power lifters who look like overgrown midgets with big fat thighs attractive. Chuckles! I see you are the sort who persists on personal attacks and refuses to deal with my many valid and cogent points. So sad.

14. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

15. whacked

whacked Well-Known Member

So... shall we start now?
    [​IMG]

16. beasty

beasty Well-Known Member

So... shall we start now?
    [​IMG]

Sure Einstein. What do you find about Jay's physique so objectionable?
    Let's hear concrete points and not 'gay, drug taking, grotesque, ugly, bad for health etc etc.'

17. lefty

lefty Well-Known Member

This is what an athletic male physique should look like:

[​IMG]

This confirms what everyone is saying, but you seem unwilling to accept:

[​IMG]

You're a size queen.

lefty

18. beasty

beasty Well-Known Member

This is what an athletic male physique should look like:

[​IMG]

This confirms what everyone is saying, but you seem unwilling to accept:

[​IMG]

You're a size queen.

lefty

Hahaha!

You are making it way too easy!

In the first place, the guy on the left has no chest, no back, no delts, no traps and no legs.
    Bet you chose the picture so you can fantasize what is hidden by the fig leaf, no?

As for Arnold's pic, no size on quads, no calves! No back and no traps as well.
    Only good thing is chest and width of his side delts.
    Hmm, I see you are keen on chest. So typical of the biceps brigade.

If anyone uses this body to compete in Mr Olympia today, they wouldn't qualify!
    Even the spectators who aspire to be Mr Olympia look better than that!
    Even Arnie in Conan movies looked better than that!

I can see you are so backward and antiquated, I bet Henry Ford's Model T is your dream car instead of the Maserati and Ferrari, right?

Wake up, son! Move with the times. Confederated Slavery is not the best ticket on Wall Streets you know, and here's a tip, neither is Lehmann Bros.

Go ahead and do your chest workout using mismatched paint cans and broom stick in your mom's basement while Firehouse is playing on your Nakamichi casette tape and you can cry why Jamie refused to go to the prom with a mega dingus like you.

I remain here to await news of your latest injury pursuing your dream body.

Chortle!

19. lefty

lefty Well-Known Member

You do know who the guy on the left is, right?

This may help...

[​IMG]

It's interesting that when talking about prom dates you choose a gender neutral name. Your Freudian slip is showing. Again.

lefty

P.S. It's okay to like snails and oysters.

20. Saucemaster

It's interesting that when talking about prom dates you choose a gender neutral name. Your Freudian slip is showing. Again.

Chortle!

Bemused Chuckle!

Wry Grin!