1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Technical Outerwear

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by hendrix, May 23, 2012.

1. John-Galt

John-Galt Well-Known Member

Yea, I'd say they're both tech wear inspired but find their creative impetus elsewhere. Coppens likes futuristic paneled pseudo military wear while Ervell owns a period of America few touch.

2. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

Anyone make a return to Isaora and not receive an update for 2.5+ weeks? I think it';s been 3 weeks now.

2 ignore emails. UPS shows the return as delivered and signed by "Lenny".

First time I had to file a claim with my CC. This will be the last time I will shop with the brand.

3. uninkco

uninkco Well-Known Member

It's taken me 2 weeks to hear from them about my return and refund...they will come through eventually.

4. accordion

accordion Well-Known Member

Looking for a spring jacket. Thoughts on Veilance Align vs. Arris vs. Isaora 3L?

And just to make sure, there's no chance I will ever find a pair of nikeacg cargos right?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
  5. Mulan

Mulan Well-Known Member

If you're willing to spend a little more and got the quickness, Acronym spring '16 drops tomorrow at 12PM EST.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
  6. John-Galt

John-Galt Well-Known Member

Can't comment on the Isaora but the Align and Arris are the two most overpriced AV jackets. Love both but at retail you're not getting much money utility for either.

The Align uses a Gore Pro which I would argue breathes better than any other variant but is very loud and the absence of a knit-lining is not ideal for next to skin wear.

The Arris is basically an amalgamation of the Actuator and Composite. Lower denier fabric and slimmer profile.

7. EvanM

EvanM Well-Known Member

I RMA'd an Arcteryx Theta AR for an Align jacket, and... while it's nice if you're just looking for a slim-cut minimalist shell, I absolutely hate the pockets on it.
    The only usable pockets are the side pockets.
    If you have a smartphone that's larger than 5", it'll fit inside the exterior chest pocket but you have to angle it in there in a specific fashion, and it's not easy to take out either.
    The inner pockets are too small to really put anything in them.

My AV Insulator Jacket gets a lot more use because all of the pockets on that jacket are useful.

8. accordion

Thanks for the help. Probably going for the Isaora then mostly because of the price. Half the price of the Align and triple layered, not gore-tex though.

9. S3E5P

S3E5P Active Member

Anyone ever use Affirm to buy stuff online? I noticed Isaora starting offering it and then I saw it pop up on Patrik Ervell's site today. Layaway for expensive shit? Sounds dope if it isn't a scam, but I'm skeptical.

10. accordion

god damn the J1B-S is sick

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  11. HugoA

HugoA New Member

@S3E5P :
    I've never used Affirm to buy online, but I think it's definitely not a scam. The CEO is Max Levchin (cofounder of Paypal), so it's a pretty serious business ;-) Affirm is offering financing plan, so it's mostly proposed for expensive items.

Hope this helps!
    Hugo

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
  12. accordion

So...I'm thinking hard on the J1B. I'm not experienced with tech, and I don't have much demand for high end stuff. I know the more seasoned folks think Isaora shouldn't even be considered, but I've mostly been satisfied with them. For half the price of the Acronym, I can get the Isaora 3L and some lunarepics. The J1B also uses garbardine which isn't as waterproof as goretex. On the other hand I'll have to wait till the next drop if I don't kop now, and it's just such a sick piece. Would definitely wear it a lot.

13. mcdecker1

mcdecker1 Well-Known Member

The J1B is awesome (styling wise), but it's actually not super technical. Pretty basic cotton, somewhat heavy feel, no gore-tex lining so not waterproof. It's still my favorite style-wise, but wouldn't be my first pick up. I went in to Darkside to pick up the J1B and left with the J25-WS instead :)

14. Mulan

Mulan Well-Known Member

They got rid of the chest pocket. Not sure if I like that or not as it did serve well for stowing away the detachable hood, and the gaiter, if you had one.

15. accordion

Is there anything to wear the J1A or J1B with besides more ACR? I imagine they don't go well with black jeans. I was gonna get some guerilla group cargos or wear them with Isaora sweatpants.

16. Mulan

Mulan Well-Known Member

Outlier pants as seen on Aleporte

[​IMG]

17. ceoceo

ceoceo Well-Known Member

Stainless, still left with 2nd degree burn

18. scamster

scamster Well-Known Member

probably the best use of mcdonalds coffee.

19. accordion

Looking for nice sweatpants, nike tech fleeces are too loose up top. Isaora neoprene ones are too short and the waistband is too loose.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
  20. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Well-Known Member

I like the Isaora field sweats but they are also short.
    John Elliott sweats are great.
    W+H cabin fleece is pretty great.
    OAMC also make good, marginally technical sweats.
    Rick?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016