1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Technical Outerwear

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by hendrix, May 23, 2012.

1. Spatlese

Spatlese Well-Known Member

I believe some models of Acr's bags like the 5TS have gone through iterations with fabric / design tweaks over the past few years and have been made by Bagjack over that period. I happen to like most of their bags, but can see how they may not be as attractive to some peeps.

2. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Well-Known Member

so spatlese, are you in N.America? did hanon shop deduct the VAT and how was customs on your purchase?

3. Spatlese

Yep, western Canada. Hanon deducted VAT and was 'friendly' regarding the customs part of your q. :)

An important factor -- they used domestic mail vs. say Fedex or UPS, so it came through Canada Post with no customs. This was my experience with a few orders, and I would venture if Canada Post even paid attention, the charge would still be minimal.

Last edited: May 30, 2012
  4. snowmanxl

thanks bud. good to know they use post instead of the other couriers. :)

5. Tigerprawn

Tigerprawn Well-Known Member

I'm not full on techy, but I do own quite a few pieces from Outlier. I echo what someone else said regarding the Climbers being incredibly stretchy and just too form fitting for me. I don't normally wear skinny/slim pants so these were a no go. However, I can totally understand why people who like those cuts would love them because the freedom of movement is pretty absurd. I tried them on and felt like I was wearing running tights. No constriction whatsoever.

Outlier Keirin Cut Dungarees

Awesome pants and something I've now come to wear nearly everyday. Roomier thigh if you've got more developed/muscular legs, but still a slimming fit. Breathable, repels grime and liquids, and really just looks like some regular pants. The softness is borderline sweatpants comfort.

Outlier 3 way shorts

Best damn shorts I've ever bought. I think the "4Seasons" fabric works much better here in shorts than in the climbers. I've cycled, swam, ran, lounged... They're just the best damn shorts ever. My only gripe is that there is no odd sizing. 30-32-34 etc.

Outlier Merino Henley

Just an overall really nice merino piece and fits great. I seem to get a lot of compliments with this piece if that means anything haha

Also own a bit of Rapha which I think makes some great stuff, but a little overpriced for what you're getting in comparison to other brands. More cycling centric, but they do make pants, jackets, and shirts that would work well out of the saddle. The cuts fit me really well so I keep going back. If you can get the stuff on sale I think it's worth it.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
  6. alwaysraw

alwaysraw Well-Known Member

7. snowmanxl

thanks to this vid i bought an umbrella.
    http://www.senzumbrellas.com/collection/senz-smart/?sl=en

1 person likes this.
  8. Spatlese

LOL....last month, I actually had my shopping cart on bagjacks site filled with the Next Level Messenger, a laptop sleeve, AND one of these umbrellas. But went with an Acr as I mentioned before. For those who still think that bagjack is ugly, I kind of agree on the grey, and was considering it in straight black which looked much better to me.

9. snowmanxl

ill let you know how it works out. i couldve used it yesterday as it was quite windy/rainy

1 person likes this.
  10. fungz0r

fungz0r Well-Known Member

11. nineohtoo

nineohtoo Well-Known Member

This post needs to be bumped.

I'm going to rummage through that SuFu thread when I have time later, but any tiny people have experience with ACR gear? I know there are measurements out there, but with these unusual cuts and fabrics, I'm sure these won't fit the same way traditional clothing does. I'm hoping they might be more forgiving.

12. hendrix

hendrix Well-Known Member

I can't realy help you there but I'm sure some others will who own or have least tried on the stuff.

Some time tomorrow I will post a review of the Ma.strum Defense Parka that arived this morning.

13. nineohtoo

I want to pick this up, but I know something hooded would be more practical, especially since I don't drive and use public transit:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. hendrix

12th Man is having a sale.

Pretty good prices and I love the garment dyeing. Nice orange colour. Very osti-esque.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  15. snowmanxl

nine, you could always pick up a shadow project bomber and get the hoody attachment. all the pieces, regardless of the season are meant to fit together

16. hendrix

17. snowmanxl

i think there is even a spray to do it. sort of a rubber like the DIY ccp dip sneakers

1 person likes this.
  18. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Well-Known Member

What is that?

Does anyone know whether tailors are commonly willing & comfortable with this sort of thing?

If I want to slim down a jacket with taped seams, should I be contacting the manufacturer instead?

1 person likes this.
  19. nineohtoo

That's interesting that you posted about seam taping. From what I've heard, it needs to be done by hand and helps contribute quite a bit to domestic labor costs.

Snow, I looked up some images of those and the way the system works out is cool. I just prefer how the ACR Bomber looks, and to be honest most of my hard goods have a bit of molle and webbing attachments anyways. It would already fit in. It's just my wardrobe went from soft shells and sneakers, to leathers and boots. I feel like I'd have to go back to wearing murdered out Nikes, if not at least something like SFB Chukkas(which are comfortable, I've used full SFBs for work the past two years). Not sure I want to go back to that lol.

20. vintagegoods

vintagegoods Member