1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Technical Outerwear

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by hendrix, May 23, 2012.

1. Grove

Grove Well-Known Member

Yeah my Alphas have them. They do the job and are alright-ish on black jackets but look really bad on other colours.

2. delluminatus

delluminatus Well-Known Member

It seems like Veilance doesn't have the "one true pant" I'm looking for, which would be like the Voronoi but with additional pockets. The cargos don't have any decent colors and the Apparat are too short.

Has anyone had experience washing the Voronoi pant? It's not dryer-safe, and it suggests dry-cleaning, maybe because of the DWR? Is there a big difference in the water resistance? There's no way I'm drycleaning my pants...

I'm looking for some pants that hover on the border between "respectable" and "cyberpunk"... Outlier is too much on the respectable side. Surprisingly hard to find what I'm envisioning.

Last edited: May 8, 2014
  3. malcb33

malcb33 Well-Known Member

I have two pairs of Voronois and love them. I've washed them in the machine before (inside out) with no ill effects.

4. Grove

Grove Well-Known Member

How about Maharishi ?
    2032 and 2072 nanos are decent.

Acronym. May not be the cut you are after but P10 epic are really nice.

Last edited: May 8, 2014
  5. delluminatus

Finally, just what I was looking for... nanosphere treated and jasmine scented! [​IMG]

I love Acronym's looks, gotta admit, but the price is hard to swallow even compared to Veilance.

6. abunny

abunny Member

You can just wash (delicate cycle) then rack dry them. Washed mine at least a dozen times.

7. aether

aether Well-Known Member

I want the moto style Acronym pants so bad.

It'd be sweet to produce my own tech pant in a motocross-style cut

8. delluminatus

Thanks, that's good to know. I think I'm going to cop a 32.

9. Royal42

Royal42 Well-Known Member

Looking to move a size Medum Arc'Teryx Alpha SV, Black. PM if interested.

10. ceoceo

ceoceo Well-Known Member

Purchased a pair of trousers made out of ventile fabric. ZERO stretch, but it had amazing cotton-y texture and smell (I have been almost exclusively wearing Outlier for years) and locally made. The employee did warn me about 'cardboard effect' and that the pants take ages to dry, but I guess its okay to have a pair of trousers that is polar opposite to what I have. Can't wait for a rainy weather to try them out.

11. Grove

Grove Well-Known Member

Cool. Let us know how you get on with them.

Due to a rainy and fairly miserable spring here in Blighty I've been giving my Vulpine Epics a fair bit of wear. Cut and finished really nicely. With excellent articulation designed for cycling I've yet to miss the lack of stretch even when out on the hills, jumping stiles, climbing boulders etc.

Also in Epic, dropped this week... J28-E
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 15, 2014
  12. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Well-Known Member

Gonna pick up some of this Isaora training gear. Will report back.

13. akatsuki

akatsuki Well-Known Member

I am curious about it, but frankly the Hylete gear I have bought has just been amazing. Their shorts are leagues above anything else I have owned.

14. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Well-Known Member

Do Hylete make anything without branding all over them?
    I train in my garage for the most part so it's like 5 layers in winter and the lightest shorts I can find in the summer (nike 7" phenom shorts that came out recently are awesome). It would be nice to have something more versatile and presentable for the times I actually go to the gym to train.

Either way, I ordered some of the bonded sweats (look and sound just like the nike tech fleece) and the nylon training shorts. Also grabbed the micro drop indigo twill shorts and "zig zahort" sweat shorts.

15. akatsuki

akatsuki Well-Known Member

I just buy the Black on black shorts. I think the rest of their branding is just to OTT for me. The t-shirts aren't too bad since they just have a logo and a bit of type.

16. DINDVHDVH

DINDVHDVH Member

Recently picked up a couple items from Isaora, specifically the 'water resistant pant' and the 'stretch button down shirt'.
    The pants aren't very water resistant, and the shirt has little to no stretch (as always the sizing always seems huge on me).
    The fabrics appear to be quite nice (I get a lot of compliments on the texture of both items).
    The elastic at the bottom of the pants also gets twisted around, which can be annoying.

Also seeing if there's any interest in a couple items I'm looking to sell/trade.
    Acronym GT-J16 (M) (Used)
    Arcteryx Theta SL Hybrid (M) (Barely used, like new, original tags)
    PM me for any interest.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
  17. jimanchower

jimanchower Well-Known Member

Anybody have real-world experience with the Veilance LT Blazer? I received one recently but am conflicted about whether or not to keep it. I'm not a techwear guy but this jacket appealed to me for its looks and its practicality. The idea of a casual sport coat that's also weather resistant is really attractive. I'm concerned about breathability, though. With a fabric content of 94% nylon am I going to sweat like crazy?

18. irbe

irbe Well-Known Member

I took am curious as I'm looking at the wind shirt, which is 100 percent nylon.

19. stadsvandringar

stadsvandringar Active Member

I've got the Veilance LT blazer and love it. Like pretty much all Veilance stuff its very well thought out: highly water resistant and windproof yet somehow breathable and perfect for summer weather. I think the design is also unobtrusive enough to work well as a casual blazer. In addition to that it is the sort of jacket that you can bunch up without making it wrinkly, it does not attract lint and is very lightweight. I don't own an Isogon but I think it is the same material in more of a parka cut.

At any rate, I obviously do recommend the jacket and you can probably score a pretty good discount soon during sale season.

4 people like this.
  20. ipractice

ipractice Well-Known Member

@OccultaVexillum Any feedback on the isaora gear? Need some training stuff too.