1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by taylorstitch, Jun 7, 2012.

Tags:
  1. th3buhbuh

th3buhbuh Well-Known Member

Merino sweatpants arrived unexpectedly (no notice :-( ) . USPS can be moronic sometimes...didn't even both to put the packed behind the storm door and just left it on the stoop - at night. On the awesome side, they feel ridiculously comfy...

2. mikegnthensome

mikegnthensome Well-Known Member

@iantk let me know if you still haven't heard. Hoping that got resolved.

The bug is a tad more complicated than you think but I'm working on a solution that should connect all the systems and be implemented by the end of this month. And a big shout out to @eljlakers who is not only well-versed in logistical issues but also a great guy for hopping on the phone.

3. mikegnthensome

mikegnthensome Well-Known Member

@th3buhbuh nope, this is another one of the issues that will be fixed. Our logistics partner is not feeding information back into the back-bone of our system that is responsible for all key notifications a customer received (order & shipping confirmations, refunds, etc.)

Pinky promise. And it's all public. End of August most, if not all, of the issues we've been suffering through will be fixed.

4. iantk

iantk New Member

This is great to hear. I took a chance and used the store credit option, but with a note that I actually wanted to exchange for an XL. Fingers crossed a human being will see that and figure it out. Either way I was able to get a shipping label and the henley is in the mail.

Thanks for the response and help. Sorry for the impatience, I've been in the growth stage of a start-up or two and understand how tough scaling can be. At least it's a good problem to have.

5. jwbatusic

jwbatusic Member

Any update on the travel chino? I noticed it's not on the website anymore...

6. Reja

Reja New Member

Received my merino sweatpants today. Really like the fabric -- super soft and comfy.

The pants arrived with a decent hole in the right pocket, though, which was pretty disappointing.[​IMG]

7. cnew

cnew Well-Known Member

Really want to jump on both the Crater and the Yosemite shirt. Because of the thicker material, I am a little hesitant to purchase the shirt in my standard TS size. Do these shirts shrink in the wash some?

8. JilSlander

JilSlander Well-Known Member

^ Also wanna jump on the Crater shirt, but the new size charts don't mention shoulder measurements at all.

9. CelliniEVO

CelliniEVO Well-Known Member

I've got a Turquoise Yosemite from the original run in a size 40 if you're interested?

10. CelliniEVO

Got a Size Large Merino Henley that's a bit too small on me...anyone have an XL they'd want to trade for? They are currently sold out and I love the quality of it!

11. CelliniEVO

Did you mail it back? Trying to exchange or trade for an XL

12. th3buhbuh

I actually just got a replacement in medium that fits... Fitted. I liked its prospects better so the XL is on the way back in the mail.

13. iantk

iantk New Member

FYI for @CelliniEVO or anyone else looking for an XL I mailed mine back only to hear back from Mina that the XL is now out of stock. Had I known this I might have kept the Large and dealt with the shorter length.

Thinking I'll use the store credit for an XL crater shirt and hope for better luck.

1 person likes this.
  14. eljlakers

eljlakers Well-Known Member

Have a Crater and Yosemite and take the same size as in the Jack. Generally wear a tee under the Crater/Yosemite. No shrinkage in wash so far (both done on cold delicate cycle).

1 person likes this.
  15. th3buhbuh

@mikegnthensome - any thoughts on a moccasin/handsewn shoe collaboration (like Rancourt or New England Outerwear) for the Fall or Spring? I know it's a bit...East Coast...but you guys do like to work with Rancourt. Alternatively, any interesting collabs on the horizon? The Mission Workshop stuff coming in now is great. Makes me wish I grabbed the jacket as well.

16. Temple90

Temple90 Member

So this will be my first time ordering from Taylor Stitch. I really like the Democratic Chino, but am unsure of what size to go with. I normally wear a 32 in all my chinos and a 31 in jeans. I noticed the models on the website are 210 pounds and wearing a 33. I am approximately 170 and slim. Should I consider the 32 or size down to 31? Do these stretch out at all over time?

17. pima1234

pima1234 Well-Known Member

Am I correct that the Loch Short is overdue? I could really use the pair I ordered.

The webpage is not accessible.

Anyone receive theirs?

18. Bryanb55

Bryanb55 Active Member

Thanks to Christopher and Mike for the extra sizing information on display now. I do hope it continues to evolve but at least we have a starting point. I liked the simple drawings that accompanied the measurements.

19. Medoc

Medoc Well-Known Member

I think the best method is to determine your fit based on waist size right? Measure your good fitting pants to find what your true waist measurement is. TS chino's can't be let out in the traditional way but you can take them to a tailor and have them stretch the fabric to get about .5"-1" extra in the waist. One thing to keep in mind is TS democratic fit has really large thighs. They fit me with room to spare and I have tree trunk thighs. You probably don't want to oversize and take the pants in if it can be avoided. Based on the limited info you provided, 32 is probably the right size to have minimal tailoring required.

Edit: There has been minimal stretch from wear alone based on my experience with the fabric, maybe .5", not enough to make a major difference to where you would want to size down.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  20. NorthCoast

NorthCoast Well-Known Member

Is there still a program at the store for custom measurements?

I am going to be in town and thought there used to be a custom option available?