1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Tan suits

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by bpsmith22, Oct 17, 2002.

1. bpsmith22

bpsmith22 New Member

One question...

I will be in South Texas this November and I was wondering if you can get away with wearing a tan suit at that time of year down there? Their winters are 70-90 degrees so there really is no winter compared to us northerner's. I know that you can not do it back east of in the midwest but I was not sure about where there really is no cold season.

Thanks for your replies

2. Stu

Stu Well-Known Member

I don't see why not. I've lived in the tropics for 14 years and have worn khaki suits all winter and no one has ever scoffed. It would probably look a little silly schlepping down a street in ankle deep snow wearing a tan suit and brown oxford laceups.

But in the warm sunshine, who cares?

3. Renwick

Renwick Well-Known Member

My father lives in Houston, I've seen people do it there.