• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Seems like a lot of ppl are coming around to GE as they improve their financial business. I think they are ahead of what their price shows.

CYstyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
looks like it's gonna be a bloodbath tomorrow

:D
yay

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm tempted to run a backtest on GLUU just to see what we would have made compared to you javyn. :p
What year did you buy in?

2011 at close to the high lol ;)

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

looks like it's gonna be a bloodbath tomorrow
:D
yay

Not as bad as I thought. A lesser drop at open makes me suspect some confidence will grow and we'll be down 50-60 in the afternoon.

I do think we'll have more down days than up in the next few sessions so I'm not sure its the right moment to buy.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looks like we might be green today. Might be a good day to lighten up into cash.

Question for you guys about pre and after market... why does this happen?

A stock, one day, will start trading pre market at 6 am and then trade after hours right up until 8 pm. Then the next day the same stock may not even report a price until 9 am and stop trading at 4:15 pm. What the hell?

Last edited:

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Looks like we might be green today. Might be a good day to lighten up into cash.
Question for you guys about pre and after market... why does this happen?
A stock, one day, will start trading pre market at 6 am and then trade after hours right up until 8 pm. Then the next day the same stock may not even report a price until 9 am and stop trading at 4:15 pm. What the hell?

What's the question? If nobody is desperate to trade it before 9, then there are no trades before 9.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

What's the question? If nobody is desperate to trade it before 9, then there are no trades before 9.

How can a stock that trades millions of shares a day not have any open orders at 9 am?

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How can a stock that trades millions of shares a day not have any open orders at 9 am?

I think it really depends on the stock. Some are just quirky that way, there's no man behind the curtain.

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone else watching MT? Steel is bearish right now but it's edging near historic lows with a Dividend yield of around 3.6%. Thoughts on a long-term hold?

Last edited:

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone else watching MT? Steel is bearish right now but it's edging near historic lows with a Dividend yield of around 3.6%. Thoughts on a long-term hold?

Do you see money heading into construction?

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I think it really depends on the stock. Some are just quirky that way, there's no man behind the curtain.

That makes no sense. There has to be a reason this happens.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

That makes no sense. There has to be a reason this happens.

Not really. Pre-market trading is not really a big thing.

Also, just because you aren't seeing open orders from whatever service you are using doesn't mean that the market makers aren't ready to take either side of the trade.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Not really. Pre-market trading is not really a big thing.
Also, just because you aren't seeing open orders from whatever service you are using doesn't mean that the market makers aren't ready to take either side of the trade.

Its not even a question of orders. I'm not even seeing a posted price anywhere. It just makes no sense and there has to be a reason. Here is a perfect example: I let a day trade on KORS ride overnight and not a single price or share traded pre-market this morning, how can that be possible? Not a single actionable trade was there? Come on.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads