1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Talk about unaffiliated retailers here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by toothsomesound, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Ry'on

Ry'on Well-Known Member

2. chronoaug

chronoaug Well-Known Member

Ya, I think that would be a bad idea for short and long term. Until it happens, it looks like the cheapest places to get the achilles now is here, http://theshop.hyrcollective.com/achilles-low.html

Damn. You guys are really expanding. Congrats

3. jet

jet Well-Known Member

Think they got a pop up shop at RG.

4. Razele

Razele Well-Known Member

Think they got a pop up shop at RG.
    + NdG

5. cucurrucucu

cucurrucucu Active Member

I just bought a dress from TBS for my girlfriend. Great service. Emails were responded the same or next day, plus the item was shipped on Tuesday and came on Thursday (no problems with customs).

6. onijo84

onijo84 Well-Known Member

Will there be any hold ups if i buy stuff from Tres Bien and get them shipped to Portand? Any problems for purchases valued around $250USD ?

Thanks in advance.

7. super

super Well-Known Member

should be fine!

8. JKISSI

JKISSI Well-Known Member

The guys at Tres Bien shop are super cool,and I never had any delays with my orders to NYC

9. ppllzz

ppllzz Well-Known Member

I just bought a dress from TBS for my girlfriend. Great service. Emails were responded the same or next day, plus the item was shipped on Tuesday and came on Thursday (no problems with customs).

u never know, sometimes dhl/ups/fedex hits you with customs weeks or a month later... im always scared when i buy from overseas

10. fogg

fogg Well-Known Member

Man, when are some other stockists going to get those Band of Outsiders x Sperry chukkas? Looks like Tres Bien is the only one with them now but I'd really rather buy from a place in North America.

11. mellowfellow

mellowfellow Well-Known Member

12. cucurrucucu

cucurrucucu Active Member

u never know, sometimes dhl/ups/fedex hits you with customs weeks or a month later... im always scared when i buy from overseas
    Let's pray not. Has anyone had to pay custom fees so far?
    I heard horrible stories of people receiving stuff from the US via FedEx/UPS and being charged over 100% of the item's value, but I haven't heard of it happening here yet...

13. fogg

fogg Well-Known Member

Whoa, thanks. Of course, they won't ship to Canada, though [​IMG]

14. onijo84

onijo84 Well-Known Member

^^100% is as good as not buying them in the first place. Me being in another country and not in US, will i have any problems settling any brokerage fees etc when they are shipped there to be forwarded later over to my place?

15. fogg

fogg Well-Known Member

They use FedEx so, at least from a Canadian perspective you'd get pretty screwed. I'm not sure if American customs is as tough as Canadian, though.

FedEx will charge you their brokerage fee for getting the package into the country, then you'd probably have to pay tax and potentially duty as well depending on what the item is.

I wish more stores shipped using their national postage. That's the only way you don't get killed on cross border shipping because USPS, CanadaPost etc. don't charge a borkerage fee. EMS through those services is usually faster than the basic UPS/FedEx service anyways.

16. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Well-Known Member

First shipments of Junya, Hope, APC, Mismo, and Dries Van Noten for F/W '09 are up now.

17. kennethshw

kennethshw Member

18. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Well-Known Member

Bit of Our Legacy F/W 09 has trickled in. The rest of the collection will be up sometime next week. There's a lot of hype behind this collection, expect it to go fast...pretty sure Oi Polloi's first shipment is already gone in a lot of sizes.

19. robmar19

robmar19 Well-Known Member

Yeah i have had some horrible experiences with the shipment fee from america etc. ( I live in london ). I spent a total of 100 pounds, and they charge me about 40-60. I should of just sourced it from here. ha but you learn from your mistakes. On small shipments its worth it though. But when is anything worth ordering from overseas at a small price? not much.

20. jet

jet Well-Known Member

SNS is now online.