1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Taking wife on business trips?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by RatPacker, Sep 10, 2004.

1. RatPacker

RatPacker Active Member

I have to go to Chicago for a conference and my boss told me to take my wife and the company would pay for everything. Is this acceptable? I would feel strange having the company pay for the hotel and airfare. I could just be me but I was wondering what everyone thought. Yea or Nea?

2. FIHTies

FIHTies Well-Known Member

Is this a trick question?

3. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Well-Known Member

umm why are you hesitating? if it makes you feel bad, you can just ask them if you can have the money instead [​IMG] j/k

4. VMan

VMan Well-Known Member

Just assume that it's an extra little reward for being such a good employee. If they were the ones to offer, I wouldn't be heisitant at all.

5. vero_group

vero_group Well-Known Member

It's a gift from your boss. Take it. They are few and far in between. After all, your wife suffers from your working long hours too.

6. Bradford

Bradford Well-Known Member

Go for it.

If the boss offered, then it's perfectly acceptable.

Enjoy the trip.

Bradford

7. kabert

kabert Well-Known Member

I'd definitely do it. Just make sure (1) not to overspend on the company's nickel and (2) that your wife comes into the office on some Friday afternoon 2-4 weeks (not more) after getting back so that you can introduce her to your boss and she can give a quick, yet sincere thanks. That way, your wife's happy b/c Chicago's a fun town and you come off looking good in your boss's eyes because he sees what a nice, polished wife you have (which is a reflection of you, no doubt).

8. faustian bargain

faustian bargain Well-Known Member

polish wife? oh you said 'polished'. [​IMG] mmm, polished wife...

9. A Harris

A Harris Well-Known Member

Faustian, you're incorrigible. [​IMG]