• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tailorstore custom polo

PartagasIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Monogram on the left side bottom hem (an option on their site) might not be bad, that's about where I get my dress shirt monograms.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Plenty of position options for the embroidery (or you can choose not to have embroidery) but it certainly doesn't look tacky at all. Material is excellent quality, soft, comfortable. I would compare it well with any other higher-end polo on the market.

Composer_1777

Reaction score
I think his pics are just bad. Pictures can make or break things and clothing is hard to judge without the use of a prof. camera.

bossman08

Reaction score
Wraith, how would you compare the fabric to a Lacoste polo? And it took around 3 weeks to recieve the order correct?

wqvong

Reaction score
The fabric is light weight, its not as thick as lacoste.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You can't really judge the shape and style too much from the pictures since those are up to you. I might not be a huge fan of his stylistic choices and the cut of the polo might not look like it would fit me but the beauty of MTM is that it probably fits him pretty well (or will after figuring out the right measurments).

As long as the fabric and workmanship are good, the rest is up to you

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep, well said, otc. It does fit me very well indeed, measurements were spot on.

Yes, it took around 3 weeks to arrive. It was nicely presented in its package, as was the dress shirt I also ordered from them. The fabric isn't as think as Lacoste, I agree, but it's soft, comfy, fits well (as it's MTM) and there are plenty of colour/style options to choose from.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cost is dependent on the options you take up (eg. button type, monogramming etc.) and (presumably) where you ship. I live in Australia, the polo pique shirt cost me $US43.10 + $US9.00 postage.

Thanks anon.

Dranakin

Reaction score
Ordered mine two weeks ago, but it hasn't started production yet. Will try to post photos when I get it.

furosemide

Reaction score
they sent mine out a few days ago. I'll post pics when I receive.
Only option I got was contrasting stitching on buttons. Total = $26 (shirt) + $9 (shipping to US) = $35.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by furosemide
they sent mine out a few days ago. I'll post pics when I receive.
Only option I got was contrasting stitching on buttons. Total = $26 (shirt) + $9 (shipping to US) = $35.

That seems pretty cheap...I can see myself ordering in the future as I tend to have bad luck with polos after a few washes (I'm 6'2 and they get too short)

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by otc
That seems pretty cheap...I can see myself ordering in the future as I tend to have bad luck with polos after a few washes (I'm 6'2 and they get too short)

You throwing them in the dryer?

Also 6'2" but I hang dry my clothes or use one of those folding racks for things that will stretch out of shape.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads