1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Tailorstore custom polo

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by furosemide, Mar 8, 2009.

1. furosemide

furosemide Well-Known Member

Anyone try their new custom made polo shirt function? Wondering what the material is like. Very inexpensive for a custom made polo.

2. appolyon

appolyon Well-Known Member

Saw this the other day, they look reasonable, decent value for money. Will probably order one to check out when my self imposed shopping abstinence is over at the end of the month.

3. mossrockss

mossrockss Well-Known Member

Aye. I saw this and thought "if these are decent, I can't see why I'd ever buy a polo shirt from anywhere else again."

4. briancl

briancl Well-Known Member

I have the worst luck with slim fitting polo's that are long enough. A small is always too short, and a medium is usually too boxy. I'll probably give this a try.

5. jpo

jpo Well-Known Member

hmm. Thanks for the tip, I am very interested in their polo's. I would be curios how the fabrics are. I have always bought Banana Republic polo's so I could get a large tall. But, they are not made very well.

Has anyone ordered a dress shirt from TailorStore.com? Curious how it went and how nice the fabrics were.

6. jessis

jessis Well-Known Member

Polo's look interesting for sure...but based on their quality of shirting I would be surprised if they would last longer than one summer....

7. anon

anon Well-Known Member

I'll order one in April if no one else has.

8. ChicagoJohn

ChicagoJohn Well-Known Member

I have the worst luck with slim fitting polo's that are long enough. A small is always too short, and a medium is usually too boxy. I'll probably give this a try.

Same here. For anyone that works out, by the time it fits around your arms it's way too long and/or boxy in the torso.

It's like you're either built like a 16 year old boy or a 50 year old trucker. There's no inbetween.

9. furosemide

furosemide Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's my problem with the Ralph Lauren Slim fit polos...great fit in torso, but sleeve way too tight. I'll probably give the tailostore custom a try, after my own moratorium on shopping is over. However, I'm not a big fan of their logo on it. If anyone tries it before me, please post results.

10. Luddite

Luddite Well-Known Member

God gave us Fred Perry for a reason. I ain't changing.

11. appolyon

Yeah, that's my problem with the Ralph Lauren Slim fit polos...great fit in torso, but sleeve way too tight. I'll probably give the tailostore custom a try, after my own moratorium on shopping is over. However, I'm not a big fan of their logo on it. If anyone tries it before me, please post results.

There is an option to take their logo off.

God gave us Fred Perry for a reason. I ain't changing.

[​IMG]

12. briancl

I ordered one.. I'll let everyone know how it turns out.

13. chorse123

chorse123 Well-Known Member

Interesting. Please do let us know.

14. TheWraith

TheWraith Well-Known Member

I'll probably order at least one in the not-too-distant future as well, without the Tailor Store logo (just my initials).

15. TheWraith

I ordered a made to measure polo shirt from Tailor Store a couple days ago. Atlantic blue, MOP buttons, no logo and my initials on the chest. Will let everyone know how it turned out as soon as it arrives.

16. Smahatma

Smahatma Well-Known Member

I ordered a made to measure polo shirt from Tailor Store a couple days ago. Atlantic blue, MOP buttons, no logo and my initials on the chest. Will let everyone know how it turned out as soon as it arrives.
    I ordered the same thing on friday. Unfortunately the white fabric is currently not available. I wanted to do white cuffs and white placket. Oh well.

17. appolyon

Just received an email from tailorstore about their new range of polo colours and was wondering if any of the orders have come in and what people think of them?

18. TheWraith

Mine should be here any day now. I'll let everyone know of the quality once it does. The white colour option is back too btw.

19. briancl

I just received an email that my order of 1 polo and 1 shirt has shipped. I will update the thread when it arrives.

20. tom153

tom153 Well-Known Member

Would love to hear what you guys think of them.